Reaver vs scythe balance

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheRealNattyIcePS4, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Blue_Shift

I think the reaver could use a bit of a model trim to be honest.
    But for our mossie friends, we should increase the front profile of the scyth a bit too.

Why not try?

Since its near impossible to flank another esf, once the scyth has its front profile facing you, it has the clear advantage.
    You can rush but you'll run the risk of eating bullets real quick. The scyth has the clear advantage in a head to head gankless fight. Ill trade in my gank advantage for hover duel balance anyday.
  2. McMan

Who the F cares about reaver and scythes? 95% of people use them for transport, 4.9% for farming infantry once in a while and 0.1% for actual fighter planes.

So when I use my reaver to land on the enemy tower, I couldnt care less what shape it is or if the people with greener grass have a better shaped one..
  3. Imp C Bravo

So your math is just the sum total of each ESF nosegun KPU combined per ESF and the percentage of difference between the 3?
  4. Jubikus

its the percentage difference between the 3 from the sum of each weapons KPU, VKPU, and AKPU for every weapon the each ESF can equip period.
  5. T0x1s

Interesting that you say PPA AND Banshee got good range. Its more like PPA extreme range. Can be exploited at render range. Banshee dont really have any longer range than AH. At least effective range because the big CoF and low splash.

People overestimate Banshees range. It was a bit better on the old one but right now, its not better than AH. And if you want to 1 clip a MAX you need to have fully certed magazine and be at the same ******* range AH can 2-3 shot a MAX.

Banshee got overnerfed and stupid NC and VS who have never used the weapon, before or after cant tell otherwise.
  6. Zombo

i refferred to one clipping a max with the old banshee, it was stupidly powerfull against an AA max, had crazy damage output and no downside compared to the PPA, it was OP compared to the PPA in almost every regard except splash damage, which it completely made up for in bat**** crazy rate of fire

maybe it was a bit overnerfed, but i don't see it being worse than the LPPA or AH, since it is a jack of all traits instead of only being good at one thing like the AH or the LPPA
  7. T0x1s

Its worse than AH in every single way. Its not horrible as I still use it all the time(5000+ kills) but the so called range does not exist anymore cuz of the cof and short splash range.

And you get rekt against an AH A2A combat

It can be fixed if it gets a slightly smaller cof(Rotary type of cof) or a 0.7m splash damage from 0.1.
    • Up x 1
  8. Zombo

why are you using an UP weapon all the time? can't be that much UP now can it?
    of course if you are good at flying that makes up a huge margin, but the banshee really shouldn't be buffed in the splash damage departement to 0.7 meters, maybe 0.3, but with the damage output the banshee has, 0.7 is way overboard
    or just buff it's cof to normal nosegun levels, used it in the VR a few times since i only play NC and VS, TR only infiltrator, but the cof really seems extremely bad
  9. Daigons

When will the Devs give the Scythe a proper redesign? Currently it's fairly underwhelming in every aspect when compared to the other factions.
  10. T0x1s

I'm using it cuz its fun to use. A weapon dont have to be OP to be used.

Smaller cof would be great.
  11. Haquim

Regarding that overnerf thing... I did the math, apparently unlike anybody at DBG.
    Explosion radius was reduced to 1m from 2m = 75% reduction
    Damage from 200 to 150 = 25% reduction
    With both combined it could be said the eplosive damage was reduced by 81,25%

Meanwhile the LPPA.... 4m splash radius = 400% of the old banshee and 1600% of the new one.
    Also a magazine big enough to kill a whole platoon without reloading....
  12. Zombo

while doing the math, did you realize that 1m is 50% of 2m? and that the ppa has no ability to kill enemy ESFs and a way worse rate of fire?

comparing two things and only pointing out the things that are benefitial to your argument, really typical of forum whiners

and please stop doing math
  13. Haquim

You must be working for DGB, or at least you have to same level of understanding for the matters at hand.
    Nobody gives a **** about a radius. It is the area covered that is important.
    And the formula for a circular area is pi * r² as everybody who saw a school from the inside at age 10 should know.
    So 1 * 1 * pi and 2 * 2 * pi
    We can simply take out pi, since it is on both sides of the equation so we get
    1*1=1 and 2*2=4
    And I'm pretty sure even you will find it hard to argue that 1 anything else than 25% of 4.

I don't have to write down a complete formula everytime I write something on the forum, I can excpect at least a little bit of brainpower from somebody using the forums.
    Not that I didn't expect something like this happening.
  14. Zombo

well, then you should have said that the area of coverage was 25% when the radius is 1 meter instead of 2 meters, because you were only talking about a radius, everybody who visited a school should know that you should make yourself clear when talking about something, right?

and sorry, but the area of coverage only matters when there are a dozen people sitting next to each other on about a few meters

when talking about trying to shoot and hit people, it is definitely not four times as hard to hit someone from above with a splash radius of one meter instead of having a radius of two meters, or else it would be almost impossible to hit someone with a weapon having no splash at all, right? because ESFs sniping infantry with their normal noseguns NEVER HAPPENS

and to add to that, gving the Banshee an explosion radius of two meters with it's incredible high ROF would be totally f*cking insane
  15. Haquim

Yes, I could have done that. But I said that the splash was nerfed 75% and the radius reduced from 2 to 1 m.
    Thats the same info the game provides.
    And no the area is extremely important.

First of all - no, ESFs "sniping" people with their standard weapons never happens. They can try some shots at a max of 50m, but since ESFs can't really move their aim freely all the guy has to do is take one step.
    Also, splash damage enables you to damage a whole group. Wether there is a group or not, the capability to do or not do so depends on the are of effect, so it IS important. Saying it doesn't matter right now, so lets just ignore it is just no way to discuss the overall performance of an object. Moreover G2A ESFs always try to aim for most damage, so they go for groups if they can - there is little that is MORE important.

Now, once again you show that you do not understand how the Banshee works.
    For a single target you would be correct, the area covered would be unimportant and the radius, the distance you have to be from the point of impact to take no damage, the only relevant thing - IF WE WERE TALKING ABOUT THE LPPA.
    Explanation:

The LPPA has no cone of fire, and thanks to its pin-point accuracy you have to run 4m to be safe if he really hits spot on.
    If you stand still you of course face-tank the direct hits along with the splash.

The Banshee on the other hand DOES have a cone of fire. A quite significant one.
    Now imagine you do a divebomber maneuver and attack a target from directly above. Thanks to the distance your bullets land somewhere in a circle with about 2m radius around your target which is in the middle of your crosshair.
    So, the bullets are scattered randomly and evenly in that 2m radius circle. Every bullet in up to 1m distance hits its splash damage, everything above is a miss. The circle has an area of 12.56m², but only the bullets hitting the innermost 3.14m² actually do anything.
    Or in short - in this example 75% of the bullets do nothing, although you aim perfectly for your target.

Of course the circle gets smaller the closer you are to the enemy. Halving the distance will also halve the radius of the circle, and thus quadruple your damage in this example. Of course the opposite is also true.
    This lead to the old Banshee being quite proficient at medium range, while almost catching up to the Airhammer in damage output when it got real close, although it lacked the burst. Which is why it performed better than the opposition which didn't have those options. It was ideal for strafing runs (and I don't mind admitting I did my fair share).
    The 'new', nerfed Banshee can't do **** at medium range, has to almost get as close as the airhammer to deal significant damage, and thanks to the 25% explosive damage nerf on top of the area now has neither the damage potential nor the burst if it gets real close.
    • Up x 2
  16. sebastian oscar post

BS!
  17. Beerbeerbeer

I'm not a very good pilot, other than ground farming, but the vortek is the most dangerous IMO. I love that gun and it fits my playstyle and hate fighting against it.

I like the standard VS gun Saron the best. Really don't like the hailstorm, even after unlocking the 1000 cert mag capacity. I think I've been killed by the Saron the most, although I really don't pay attention or kept track, but that's the sound I hear most.

Rotary is my TR favorite.

The air hammer just wrecks things. I recently unlocked that and frankly, regardless of the circumstances, I'll always have it equipped just because I like it. The PPA is situational for me and I don't have the banshee unlocked yet, but it's my next goal.

The PPA is fun. Even though it has range, I don't float around like an idiot waiting to be killed and always fly close. Things die faster anyways that way.

I've killed more infantry as a VS in "one pass" while slow hovering vs the reaver simply because I'm not magazine size limited. If the AH had a bigger magazine, that thing would be extremely overpowered IMO.
  18. Blue_Shift

Dude its been proven thew scythe has an advantage in a hover duel.
    Two People fight eachother and then they switch esf... the scythe comes out on top most of the time.
    Fix this DayBreak please fix this. Or come out with a NS ESF that is better than all 3 esf.
  19. Daigons

That in itself is the problem with those fighters. They are useless as fighting vehicles.