Rear gunning for Harasser is fun (Suggestion for Defensive slot)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by karlooo, Sep 26, 2022.

1. karlooo

Usually the back seat is reserved for engineers to repair the vehicle while in motion but IMO that's a terrible design. I don't understand why would anyone like it.

I was a rear gunner for an experienced Harasser operator as a Heavy Assault and the main gunner was armed with a grenade launcher.
    ...It really reminded me of WW2 attacker aircraft rear gunning and it was fun. The operator had good handling of the vehicle, didn't drive like a psycho like people usually do, so I was able to shoot while in motion and this gave me an idea.

What if there was a defense slot for Harasser which added some extra buffs and abilities to the player's weapons when in the back seat. To make it more stable, like as if it were mounted:
    [IMG]

For example stabilizer (vertical or both) added to the player's weapons if possible, decreased bloom, improved hip fire accuracy.
    In my opinion this would be pretty cool, cause the driver may also have to account for the back gunner and try to get some use out of them.
    Instead of just driving mentally, dodging all projectiles cause of impossible, unpredictable movements and so on. The Harasser should use its design to flank, attack from positions the enemy doesn't expect. Not get in their face, then turbo out and dodge everything and repair while driving. That's just stupid.
    • Up x 1