Reaper DMR. Best gun or bestest gun?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by LilianaMonteclaire, Dec 26, 2014.

1. LilianaMonteclaire

Silly title aside, I'm not kidding. I grabbed the thing and my KDR as medic practically quadrupled after I slapped HVA on it. With the exception of shotguns or overshield heavies (or both), it just seems to win fights. Runs out of ammo crazy fast though >.>

It may be the only time I have ever said "This gun is amazing, but it would be better if it had more recoil.". Slapping a compensator on it led to me shooting the floor due to it suddenly not having NC moon recoil and confusing me.
  2. miraculousmouse

You can beat overshield heavies if you headshot them. Or the only time overshield heavies should be giving you problems is close/medium range where the carnage ar or gr22 are much better.
  3. LilianaMonteclaire

Not really. If they're facing you, and you're facing them, and you are not outranging them, they have about 50% more HP than you and a roughly equal TTK. If they're anything like Mattherson vanu, yeah, you lose.

Ambushing them is a completely different story.
  4. Twisty McTwist

I'm more of a Tross kind of medic. I think both are kind of niche rifles. If you're engaging at long ranges, the Reaper will do well. Otherwise, most other rifles will do the job better.
  5. Pikachu

You put on HVA to go from like 500m/s to 550m/s with lots of recoil added? o_O If it was 500 vs 1000 then it might be worth it.
  6. Isokon

The base speed is 555 m/s and the HVA puts it to 650 m/s. Whether that is worth having 10% more vertical recoil is a different question.
  7. LibertyRevolution

I went with the A-Tross. I liked that it sounds different.
  8. Leivve

Till you find a TORQ and go "OH NO! He's throwing out wall after wall of bullets like it was going out of style."
  9. HappyStuffin

Love the fast damage the Reaper DMR deals. Just feels powerful to use.