Really enjoying the SMG HAILSTORM, but it has caused me to dislike the SMG ARMISTICE.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Pingonaut, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Pingonaut

I played with the NS-7 PDW for a very long time when I first started playing close-ranged infiltrator, and I eventually switched to the ARMISTICE (using it for a long time as well). After I received 1,000 certs from the laser sight refund I decided to buy the HAILSTORM, and I've fallen in love with the play style.

I have never been so effective as an infiltrator before with the HAILSTORM. It's caused me to become a primary infiltrator player and I've been getting certs more easily because of this new play style. However, I really want to complete the SMG directive, which requires the others to be auraxiumed, too. Auraxiuming my favorite weapon is difficult, let alone weapons I've come to somewhat dislike. Plus, I will likely buy the golden SMG for the Exceptional directive and it's an ARMISTICE, which I'm not comfortable with.

So here's the question: I'm most effective with the HAILSTORM because I don't have to reload after two kills, like the previously listed guns. I have a lot of trouble with those because of this difference. So how can I be more effective on non-HAILSTORM (and their other faction counterparts) SMGs?
  2. Matt879

Reloading really shouldn't be too troubling to you as an infiltrator. Get in, drop 2 guys, run around a corner, crouch while cloaked and reload, get back in and keep the killing spree going. They both have a very high rate of fire, with the armistice being a bit stronger in the TTK department. I don't see why you would have any problem with the armistice if you just learn to cloak crouch when you have to reload.
    • Up x 1
  3. Pingonaut

I don't have a problem with it, I'm saying I like the other so much better because I don't have to take so many reload breaks. Instead I can continue shooting other enemies in the area. I often run into groups of three, and I can take one by surprise. By the time I kill the second one the third is already on his way to shooting me. If I have to suddenly run away to reload I can easily get caught, but not with the hailstorm.
  4. Matt879

That's the tradeoff with the gen 1 SMG's. They have a lower capacity, but a faster TTK. Gen 1 is better for one on one combat, gen 2 is better for taking out a group of enemies from behind. But both gens are still very usable. You might like gen 2 more, but I don't see how you can have too much trouble with gen 1.
  5. Pingonaut

I don't have trouble with it, I'm asking how I can become more comfortable with it.
  6. Matt879

Try to engage isolated enemies, not groups of them. As I said, you'll be better in 1v1's, so try to focus on picking off lone targets, not flanking large groups and trying to take them all out in one go.
    • Up x 2
  7. DatVanuMan

Keep moving. SMGs have very small CoFs, with a short TTK to couple with it. The Farmistice is a very efficient killing machine, it's a pretty amazing SMG. Use that TTK advantage to drop in, hold the mouse for 0.5 seconds, and get out. Works every time with my Eridani:)
    • Up x 2
  8. DarthSpectrum

Perhaps you were using laser sight on your Armistice? I find that extended mags is better for the gen 1 SMGS; the extra 10 bullets really make a difference.

Also, if you could cqc no problem with the PDW, I fail to see how using the Armistice with any possible attachments would trouble you. Either way, get extended mags, not only is it, in my opinion, the best attachment for the gen 1 smgs, but also it would make the Armistice handle more similar to the PDW or the hailstorm.
  9. Crayv

If I recall correctly the Armistice has the fastest TTK of any any infantry weapon that is not a OHK (maybe the semi-auto shotties is faster, not entirely sure). Though it does pay a hefty price for that title. Tiny magazine combined with terrible bloom means you will have to be within shotgun range to actually make that TTK work.
  10. sustainedfire

The Armistace is highly usable. Its one of the only guns I continued to use after Auraxium. Its effectively usable on any class. Using extended mags, you can fairly easily get 2 kills per clip if you are just decent at aiming.

Its particularly fun with Infiltrator, equipped with motion spotter, and stalker cloak. Drop a spotter, find a nearby hidding spot and wait for someone to follow their mini map to the spotter- easy pickings.
  11. Eyeklops

Do you even knife brah? If you can get the drop on the first guy as an infil, dump a handful of lead nuggets into his brain basket and gut him with a blade. As his entrails are falling to the floor you'll have enough ammo to ice the other two chumps.

Jump them in extreme close quarters and don't ADS. Use extended mag.
    • Up x 1
  12. Eyeklops

What? You use an SMG with the stalker cloak? Hax.
    • Up x 1
  13. sustainedfire

Lol. I get the names of the cloaks mixed up. Any cloak will do!
  14. Mxiter

Armistice is awsome.

Run straight to your target (even a heavy).
    Uncloack.
    Hipfire while aiming for the head.
    Profit.

It's fast TTK and great hipfire accuracy (even without ALS) makes you able to beat a shielded heavy face to face.
  15. tamashiiken

How about this? drop a proxy, kill the first 2, run past the mine, reload, enemy dies rounding the corner while you get away! :)
  16. Pingonaut

The point is to get kills toward auraxiuming the gun, not the knife. I've already got knife kills out the wazoo.
  17. Eyeklops

That may be true, but wouldn't you rather knife one to live?
  18. Moz

Maybe you could try running extended mags on the other SMGs to give you more shots and make it closer* to the hailstorm?

*not close but closer
  19. Pingonaut

I would, and do.
    I do. I may try running laser sight, though. Extended mag is nice, but not if I can't get close enough to use it.
  20. Mustarde

You haven't auraxiumed the knife, much less the hailstorm.

Just like others have said, the armistice is the ultimate 1v1 smg, killing even shielded heavies if you get in close. While I personally wish the armistice had better range, like the cyclone with ADS or the eridani, it is still very good at what it does. Just isolate your engagements, don't go Rambo into a full room and expect to mow everyone down and you'll be fine.

The long reload is my biggest complaint with the armistice, since it can empty the mag so quickly. When the lynx and TORQ-9 were introduce/redone, they featured low DPM, high ROF/fast TTK and quick reloads to make up for emptying the mags quickly. The armistice predates those weapons and does not share the reload speed.

OP, if you want to chase directives all day that's fine, don't let me stop you. But you really should be focusing on mastering a specific class and weapon, and maxing out all your certs and skill in that area. Directive farming and auraxium collecting are generally best for when you have mastered something so well that it is boring and you need variety to stay entertained.

Anyways, good luck