Reading this forum is saddening

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Shaken_U, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Endlave

>"git gud"
    >"cry some more"

poster age confirmed to be below 12.
  2. Shiaari

No tears from me. Quoted for truth.
  3. Littleman

My suggested fixes for the heavy assault:

• Rifles and carbines get extended magazine attachments (rail slot.) +20% ammo. Some might even get "ammo drum" (advanced extended) for +40%. I actually suggest this on high RPM and starter weapons.
    • Lasers don't just tighten hip CoF, but also lock it, so that hip firing doesn't requiring bursting. Mobility if everyone else's answer to the HA's tankiness in a head-on fight. "They shouldn't be getting into head-ons with HAs!" Haven't played PS2 much, have you? Everyone needs to push, and everyone is expected to.
    • I would absolutely remove medkits from the game and just turn all medkit certs into medpaks. You know... the heal over time ones no one uses and are mind bogglingly more expensive to cert into, and cost just as many nanites to purchase. Part of the HA issue is them dancing back and forth, popping medkit after medkit until the wee LA/Infil/Engi/Medic's tiny magazine runs dry. That trick won't work so well when they only patch up 50 hp per tic over 10 seconds!
    • I would like to swap the medic's rifle with the HA's LMG. This would be welcomed and despised by various people in both classes however. HA, despite their shield, won't be able to fire forever. Medics will have the capability to fire more than enough rounds to cut down several heavies before needing to reload. People keep saying medics need to hang back and fulfill a support role (huh... "COMBAT Medic") and LMGs are supposed to be support weapons with great suppressive fire potential. I'd figure the infantry role (heavy assault) designed to engage infantry would have the weapon for precision killing?
    • I would like to give the engineer the rocket launcher, and just give the HA access to a second primary weapon. Engineers can have target versatility. HA can have infantry focused situational versatility. Problem with this is that it begs the question of how will Engineer behavior evolve, and just how absurd will HA's become being able to swap to an SMG from a long range Rifle on a whim.
    • I also would like for a rocklet rifle that fits into the pistol slot. Some inaccurate PoS with big recoil. Crappier version of the striker, basically, if that's even possible. Also, flak-shotgun as an ammo attachment, because reasons.

As I reflect, I honestly don't think the shield is the problem, it's all the other BS that works BECAUSE of the shield that's the problem. Even so much as taking away the ability to fire from a bottomless magazine will limit the HA's capabilities in infantry slaughter, despite their shield. Their rocket launcher is honestly a bonus, and some form of AV should be available to engineers and medics that doesn't reek of martyrdom. Also, the AV turret is cheap as $#!%, hitbox still needs refinement.
  4. Pat22

IMO the problem with Heavy Assaults isn't their shield, or that you can fire atone while he zigzags pumping medkits till your mag runs dry ( though that is really annoying ), but rather it's that heavies don't need to make sacrifices.
    You've got your high ammo capacity LMG primary
    A pistol that you could easily substitute for a recon dart crossbow if you were so inclined.
    A rocket launcher capable of taking out MAXes, Tanks and Aircraft,
    An Anti-Vehicle grenade, increasing your anti-MAX/Tank capacity
    Medkits, to keep yourself topped off.
    And of course, your shield, to boost your health pool.

Boom, on a single loadout, you're equipped to effectively deal with every target type in the game, with plentiful ammunition to do so and the means to keep yourself alive while doing it, at basically no sacrifice whatsoever. The only other class that can come even near this kind of versatility is the Engineer, and even he actually has to sacrifice certain things.

TL: DR Heavies should have to choose between carrying a Rocket Launcher or a Shield Generator.