[Suggestion] Re-design NC MAX AI arms around the same spread

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Ruvan, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Ruvan

One problem I see with the NC MAX shotguns is that they are heavily range restricted overall and yet individual weapons have varying effective ranges. This means that weapon choice really isn't a choice at all because the longest range arms, Mattocks, will always be choice. The only reason to equip anything else is added damage per magazine (of Grinders) to kill an enemy MAX before hitting your reload.

Hence, I suggest that the NC MAX shotguns are re-designed to all have the damage and spread profile of Mattocks and be differentiated by characteristics other than effective range. The characteristics would be:
    • Scattercannons: faster reload speed.
    • Hacksaws: higher rate of fire + automatic fire mode. (note: it might be nice to be able to switch between auto and semi fire modes.)
    • Grinders: larger magazine.
    • Mattock idea 1: higher ammunition pool.
    • Mattock idea 2: an alternate slug ammunition fire mode.
    • Up x 1
  2. MAXArmar

As far as I know in certain situations, namely those in which you're up with your shotgun in the enemies' nose, shotguns with wider spread are preferred due to the possibility of striking multiple targets. Rare situations, perhaps.
  3. Halkesh

Or choose the other solution that is much more balanced : remove entirely shotgun on MAXes and give them the standard max LMG.
  4. MrForz

You simply don't assume that the Mattocks are the only choice when everyone complains about the Scattercannons. It's even stranger that someone who isn't NC only sees the weak side of the shotguns, which.. is a rather refreshing change. The change is okayish I guess, even if most of the NC MAX players have learned to cope with that problem nonetheless.
  5. _itg

A wide-spread shotgun is actually good to have as an option, since it makes getting hits even easier in CQC, and the shotguns do overkill damage anyway, so you don't care whether every single pellet hits. There's also the chance to hit multiple targets. Hacksaws could remain unchanged and fill this role.

Really, scattercannons are the only option that needs a change. There's literally no situation where you'd prefer scattercannons over any other choice. Whether or not their spread is adjusted, I think your faster reload is a great solution.
  6. Kidou

Better idea: Make a new LMG weapon like a Gauss SAW for the NC MAX, then at the same time make Shotguns for the VS and TR MAXes.

The NC now have more options and variety in their shotguns, while everyone else gets more variety in their LMGs while having a shotgun too. Everyone wins.
  7. xxxdevilsownxxx

NC MAXes are the ones that kill me the most, I really wish I knew how to deal with them.
  8. hostilechild

conc, flash, stay more than 20m away thats how you deal with them.
  9. ZZYZX

All I use on my AI MAX are Dual Hacksaws.

If I need more reach, I use dual slug ammo.

If I need more reach than that, and I'm no longer in CQC, I go Dual Ravens.
  10. MadInkhorn

I'm ok with the AI shotguns as they are. just as long as they don't nerf my Ravens to hell. I know alot of people been complaining about them but it is the only choice for mid to long range AI we have. I can see how a wider spread helps in CQC but i usually stick with my mattocks all the time.