re-certificate?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Serqan, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Serqan

Why we cant recert, something like reset?
  2. hakancodur

i want to reset my certificate, but idont know ithink SOE's thing not same...
  3. TomaHawk

Probably because giving clean certification tables means (possibly) many folks will opt not to open their wallets after borking up some purchase buying some garbage weapon or cert ability. Upon a recert, people will purchase those items they feel are most useful to them, with the knowledge after having played the game for some time, and this means less money spent because people made mistakes.

More money comes from people correcting those mistaken purchases, or purchases made before some nerf made it feel worthless. Recerting means a chance to correct those mistakes, and since PS2 is micro transaction based, they stand to lose money people would have spent had the recert not been issued. Compare with WoW, where changes to talent lines often give players a reset talent tree once the changes are live. But the talent tree is not tied to Blizzard making a direct buck, so there isn't a problem with issuing resets here.

But it's my contention SOE knows very well they will make more money by not issuing players a recertification, no matter how appropriate the move really is. I consider this underhanded, assuming there is any truth to my opinion.
  4. Hydragarium

And why can't you post requests like this in the correct subforum? We may never know! *dramatic violin solo*
  5. SirBurning

There is already a plan for a recert option in the march convenience items topic in the roadmap.

How and what it will be like is unclear, We shall see next month..
  6. Wrek

the ability to recert is expected at the end of march. will probably be a station cash item.
  7. Iksniljiksul

It's coming soon.
  8. Blackinvictus

Man, getting to reset certs would be awesome! I made a lot of mistakes early on before I decided what I wanted. I dont really care about any type of SC refund, its an MMO and I know things change. Hell, if it was an available, I would happily pay a few bucks.
  9. GrandRise

SOE, please make it FREE !! I mean, when they have server merged, they should give-away the cert-reset ability/chance to every players in PS 2. Or perhaps, later in March.
  10. CausesChaos

Why make it free when so many people want it.

Make it cheap so people don't hesitate on purchasing it.
  11. Miggs

That is so simple a suggestion I can't think why it wouldn't work.
  12. Serqan

should be free
  13. Syncaidius

Because 3/4 of the game being free already isn't enough for some people.... Get a job. The developers have to make a living too you know. o_O

No. Just No. I'm already against the whole re-cert idea as it is for the simple reason that it takes away some of the risk/weight of deciding how to spend your certs.

At the moment, when you get that 1000 cert rifle the free way (spending 1 - 2 days hammering PS2), you actually feel like you've earned it. Making "it cheap so people don't hesitate on purchasing it" would totally kill that feeling.

You spend 2 days earning your rifle, but wait, the other guy that also did that just spent $2 and swapped it out for four 250 cert weapons just because he didn't "trial" the weapon before buying it.

If they're going to make re-certing so cheap, they might as well remove certs.... Make it expensive or don't add it at all.
  14. moushnz

Free for first time. SC for next. It should be like this without any arguments. Sure it will take time before someone buys another cert "re-spec". If there is a low SC price even for the first one, fine. That is, in lines between 100 and 250. Anything more than that and I will accept the fate of sticking with the upgrades I have bought this far, not that theres anything wrong with them anyways.
    • Up x 2
  15. Elia Chobanov

Completely agreed. This is what most MMos do.
  16. cann0nf0dder

shouldn't be cheap...
    if it's cheap everyone will recert to be imba after any changes/nerfs/new vehicles because the new stuff is total imba and the old stuff is a waste of certs...

respect should be so damn expensive that you have to think about respeccing your char, not only because you wan't to move the 1000 certs for anchormode 4 due prowler is nerfed and you think it's not worth that anymore ...
    it should be a feature to help ppl after several battleranks with at least 20k cerst or the like and should not worth to get it elsewise

it also shouldn't refund any object bought with certs, like for example a mbt ap canon but only for the mbt ap canon zoom, nv, ammo capacity but not for the item itself :p

my opinion on recert tokkens

and to any other mmo that offers those tokkens, you get a lvl cap, after that you can't get any more points to distribute, here at lvl 100 br is capped, but you won't stop to get new certs so it's still possible to get new certs and use them
  17. moushnz

TL;DR F%&K people who cant pay for it.
  18. cann0nf0dder

no, it's not that ppl shouldn't be able to buy them, it's more the point that ppl should think about it before they buy them, if you make em like 2.5 bucks, you'll consider spending that much money on every single occassion you misslike something patched, if it's around 10 bucks, you might consider it is not worth it and try to play for the certs you put into something you don't want to use anymore, so you save the 10 bucks.
    so it will be much more attractive to someone who gathered a lot of certs and really feels like the way he certed is busted since 4 patches then to someone lvl 20 who hadn't put any real efford into the game yet, just to save half a day of playing and thinking about what way he wants to spend his certs ....
  19. Plasmaszap

Too some extent, recertification should be from for everyone for the first implamentation :

Premium member (6 month +) = Full cert reset for free
    Free member = 1000 certs reset for free

The game had so much changes since the release and didnt have any VR in the past. Now that the game is mainly balanced and VR is implanted we should have acces to re-certification soon.

After the initial recertification process, SOE should charge certification reset as following : 10% * certification value = SC cost. If you think about it, 1$ for 1000 cert reset is far enought reasonable. It take about 3-4 days for a premium + hardcore gamer to acquire 1000 certs. If SOE want to keep this game in a ''long-term'' scope, certification reset price needs to be based around the amount of certs you want to reset ( ie: not a static price) so people actually choose want is really necessary for a reset ( best exemple would be that garbage called annihilator)

Cheers
  20. Serqan

I agree