Re-cert are NEEDED NOW

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mambakiller, May 17, 2013.

1. Mambakiller

When i start, as a n00b, ofc, i bought the flashlight, some starnge stuff for my sunderer, and many other mistakes ......
    We need t be able to re-cert, so pls

[IMG]
    • Up x 7
  2. Mambakiller

All in all, i could gain 2000 certs, from nerfed weapons i dont use anymore, lolpods, liberator certs, uffff
    • Up x 2
  3. insane2170

I would spend hours and hours recerting the stuff I use, ending up recerting everything I uncerted in the first place, just to ask for another uncert.

But yea...gimme. Oh, and take my money.
    • Up x 2
  4. Eclipson

So please go to funnyjunk to view this image?
    • Up x 3
  5. XOLiD

Yes.

1000 times, yes.
  6. Chinchy

Uhh... No? I am sitting on 5k certs unable to spend any of them because I have bought everything that is useful to me
  7. Liav

How is that relevant, at all? Oh wait, it isn't.
    • Up x 33
  8. The King

It's not needed.
    A flashlight cost barely anything.
    It's also needed in the dark so you know where you're going.
    Also, gaining certs isn't that hard.
    You're fine, go home and go earn more certs.
  9. Tommyp2006

ha
    haha
    hahaha

flashlight. Useful. Keep trying. Nighttime isn't dark at all in this game.
  10. Liav

I don't understand why anyone would be opposed to this.

1) It makes the people developing the game money.
    2) It doesn't really have any negatives.
    • Up x 3
  11. The King

It's very dark for the ones who are not behind the glowing shields. We, the ones who fight, need these flashlights. It's also super cheap.
  12. Blarg20011

you may want to look into turning your brightness up, from like -20 or whatever you have it at.
    • Up x 11
  13. MFP_TK_01

NSNV scope

I don't announce myself to the world with it
    It's cheaper than the flashlight
    It allows me to put something useful like a forward grip, ext mag, or laser on the rail

Also Like Blarg and Tommy said, it ain't that dark.
    • Up x 2
  14. Liquid23

Flashlights are OP
    • Up x 5
  15. LonelyTerran

[IMG]
    • Up x 6
  16. illgot

how would this item work?

If it just reset all the certs on your character, you may lose certs because the cap is currently set to 10k. I am afraid that if you have 15k-20k certs, resetting your character may lose you certs. Do not think SOE will do this to you? Think they will list every aspect of the cert reset on the cash shop? Maybe they will conveniently forget to mention certain things like the 10k cap on certs.

It would work to their benefit, you get to reset your certs, you lose maybe half the certs you earned, now you have to keep up your subscription and boosts to earn those certs back.

If the item resets just 1 skill, how much are they going to charge and how many of these will you need?
  17. FateJH

I wonder why it matters, actually, with the way the items in this game ebb and flow. Eventually, everything will come around to a day in the limelight where it will have exceptional playability and utility. Until then, you will always have it anyway.
  18. MFP_TK_01

Not to mention how much it would suck just to recert everything. My NC tank is maxed out in everything but its guns, and so is my lib, and so are most of the options on my engy. That would be annoying as hell to have to go through and fix all that each time I want to gain a few certs from a gun that I haven't used in a while.

Would it be one skill or one bar? I mean a flashlight is 100 certs, whereas a maxed out acquisition timer is 2441 certs. Even if you did one bar alone the last bar of acquisition still beats flashlights by 900 certs.

Somebody else mention how they can't see a downside. The downside is that as we gain certs we are left with the idea to make a decision on what we want to use and what order we want to achieve those items in. It's about choices. With a respec the consequence of choice is gone. People can and will just take up recerting to the newest flavor on a moments notice instead of working towards it, and the game itself will be driven by the fotm mentality. And then usually those same people burn out within a couple of months and move on to a different game.

Yeah, I've screwed up on a few choices but oh well, it's not like I've stopped gaining certs. Weapon attachments I can usually cover within a day or 2. I can patiently wait to cover the rest of my vehicle points.
  19. Kenny007

While I'm not directly opposed to this, I also don't think it is necessary. With certs being handed out left and right these days, just earn more and move on. Unless you were so careless with your certs that you bought loads of 'bad' items/attachments and spread yourself out far too thin, I don't see the point.

Add it if you must, but make it costly.
  20. FinnSimmons

I could free up about 6000 certs. So yea I'd like to have that now please :)
    All the nice upgrades i could get. :D
    • Up x 1