Re-Balancing Tank Mines

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ren170299, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Imp C Bravo

That's fair enough -- but you can fire the mines from a distance. The difference is huge in terms of time spent laying mines (not having to actually travel to the mining location) as well as their efficacy in combat. I can't, for example, fire a tank mine out the door of a base being shelled by armor and have it land in front of a tank. Whereas, a tank getting tons of rockets to the fact can simply hit the wall or ground next to the infantry and kill everyone. Or up into tower bases -- the list goes on.

I think there would have to be some balancing factor besides "cant' damage nearby armor."
  2. Meeka

There are two ways to counter mines.

Use mineguard; or use your eyes.

I usually go with #2.
    • Up x 4
  3. LodeTria

NAR is useless on battlesundies and sunderers in general. You crew will repair faster than anything NAR can do.

An ideal BB setup would be Blockade Repair and chassis of your choice. That way you can keep the ludicrous speed from racer or the better turning/reverse of rival, you can repair friendly tanks or other BB and keep blockade's benefits.

A Good spawn sundie would be shield, Blockade, Mineguard, it would be far more resilient to infantry that way.

A logistics sundie would be chassis repair & ammo. it could be a very useful thing to bring with an armour column.

I like this idea the more I think about it.
    • Up x 1
  4. Pelojian

they aren't complaining because mines don't have counterplay, they are complaining that they aren't counterplaying and getting killed as a result.

I look out for mines, but i am still a victim to them, because you can't have your guard up all the time unless you want to slow down to a crawl in a vehicle or spend a bit of time taking cover and checking doors as infantry.

EOD is a great solution for infantry, EOD is a moderate solution for vehicles provided you know there is infantry around and are dirivng fairly slowly or can turn away from the mines in time.

mines are avoidable if you are careful but of coarse you can't always be careful, sometiems you want to be at the front in the thick of it.

remember kids applying intelligence like teamwork is blatantly OP for those randoms that play like rambo and complain when something kills them that "they are rambo, and rambo always lives"

i wonder how long one of those could hold out against a deployed prowler 2/2, maxed anchor, max AP reload and gatekeeper gunner at long range.
  5. PostalDude

I'd be nice if it worked :(
  6. DeadlyPeanutt

i have to laugh when i drop mines in random spots in the middle of a wide open road where vehicles can drive on either side and get kills. I dropped a pod of mines today on the road out of a friendly base that was about to be capped. Got a sundie and five kills, and two of those were maxes. I was chuckling.

with an implant, mines are very visible. don't these drivers look for mines?
  7. DeadlyPeanutt

stay off the road, man.

we engies can't lay down a mine field... we can only carry three or four mines, not two hundred... most of the time those three or four go on roads or choke points.

so... stay off roads, slow down and LOOK at choke points....

not rocket science
  8. DeadlyPeanutt

I don't like people who announce what they don't like in a way that implies that someone cares.

:)
    • Up x 1
  9. Megalegs

+1
  10. Silkensmooth

Cool save that for the thread about what you like on the forums and what you don't, this thread is about tank mines breh.
  11. Pelojian

i avoid roads as much as possible, but sometimes the terrain will not allow you to advance anywhere but the road usually around a base perimeter. don't forget the demon murphy when you find yourself some tank mines offroad.

mines hidden off road are hard to spot and easy to run over if placed right.
  12. Silkensmooth

I'm amazed that people cant understand how fire and forget insta kills are bad in a pvp game.
  13. Moridin6

i have no issue with mines, other than that they make c4 feel really overpriced
  14. FateJH

Oh, it's quite easy to understand why they're in the game.
    The hard part is the construction of an argument about why it is bad. That takes a lot more words.
  15. DeadlyPeanutt

lol, I'm amazed that people can't understand that a sniper standing off 400m in a nook who insta kills other players is bad for a PVP game. no one listens to me either :)
  16. DeadlyPeanutt

the pouch means you can't wear armor, so most engies carry the standard 3 mines.... which is hardly a minefield.
    • Up x 1
  17. Pelojian

there are far worse issues then a couple of fire and forget mines that rely on enemies to drive over or step inside their trigger radius.
  18. DeadlyOmen

You died to a tank mine. Relax, its a game.
  19. Moridin6

emping enemy mines under enemy tanks= priceless
  20. Silkensmooth

I agree snipers are bad for the game. They were fine before the stupid attachment that allows them to reload while aiming down scope and the much faster reload times.