Re-Balancing Re-Balancing Threads.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Scr1nRusher

Its not just your thread lol.

I've noticed "re-balancing" threads popping up lately.
    • Up x 1
  2. Cynicismic

Whew! I was worried that we'd gotten off to a bad start! I don't like soured relationships on forums; while I believe that disagreement is good, as it spurs constructive discussion, I hate there being tensions between myself and other forumites!

For what it's worth, have a Like. I tend to be quite generous with them - splashing around Likes and +1'ing people's posts always raises their spirits when they know that they've written something that someone else agrees with, (even if forum reputation is borderling useless)...

Good hunting!
    :)
  3. AxiomInsanity87

It's as though a thousands threads QQ in pain!.
    • Up x 1
  4. Shiaari

We occupy a 5 dimensional polychoron with time, space, re-balancing threads, and QQ expressed as physical dimensions.

In this way we can balance the re-balancing threads proportional to the recursive QQ across time and space.

Scr1nrusher, you're a genius.
    • Up x 2
  5. AxiomInsanity87

Please, please master, not the QQ, not the QQ!
  6. AxiomInsanity87

QQ op...........and die
  7. Cynicismic

Woah...

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  8. AxiomInsanity87

Dem uhmans is QQ'in again boss
  9. repairtool6

okey we dont agree on lots of stuff, its okey...

however, what i dont understand from your post is this common paranoia.

Why do you presume that if you ask top players for input, that they dont consider beginners/newbs? Its like you assume that they somehow conspire together to keep new players down?? This is just dumb paranoia. I dont understand it.
    Who better to understand the troubles/difficulties of noobs than better players?

In other words : Why does everyone assume good players automatically are evil and dont care about casuals? This dont make sense for me.
  10. LordAnnihilator

Here is a constructive discussion typical of the ones on the forum. Complete with chose your own mode!
    1) Thread Opener
    a) Hi, I'm (insert name here). I think there is an issue with (insert item) because of (insert other item which is too overpowered comparatively/insert reason why item is overpowered/insert reason item is useless). I hope we can have a constructive discussion!
    b) OMG I H8 (insert item here) IT IS BS IT'S OP/UP/USELESS/OTHER REASON BECAUSE I CAN'T PLAY/I'M JELLY OF OTHER FACTIONS/I AM UNLUCKY/I DISLIKE STATISTICS NERF IT NOW

2) Thread Response
    a) Hi, I agree/disagree with you for reason X, but I admit reason Y is also influential on the issue. I enjoy this constructive discussion.
    b) OMG U SO WRONG/RIGHT/F-ING STUPID/GOD-LIKE/INSERT DEROGATORY PHRASE HERE, REASON X/Y/Z/PURPLE STATISTIC 7/8/9/PINEAPPLE BS COMMENT WHATEVER I HATE YOU SO MUCH THE SALT IS REAL
    c) Sigh/Groan/Exasperated Noise, this is Stupid/Dumb/Stupid-Dumb, you're all idiots/troll-feeders/etc, I give no reasons in line with this topic whatsoever and just do it as an excuse to whine about people these days, despite the fact I'm probably rather like them.

3) Response to Thread Response
    a) Repeat step 2)
    b) Repeat step 2)
    c) Repeat step 2)
    d) Watch the Thread, Grab The Popcorn (Salty, of course), This Gon B Gud

4) Repeat Steps 2) and 3) as necessary

5) End of Thread
    a) Moderator sees it, same old stuff, locks it down and waits for the next one
    b) People move on to new threads to discuss/comment/complain/RAGE on, thread is dead
    c) People actually come to a satisfactory conclusion (LOLNOPE)

And That, my friends, is every forum post on this site, ever. I take my bows. Gifts of Daybreak Cash are appreciated.
    • Up x 3
  11. Antillie

Yes! We will QQ it for you!
  12. Cynicismic

Liked. This made me laugh for some considerable time. I'll offer my take on "constructive discussion"...

OP...
    (SCENARIO ONE): Hello, my name is MrReasonable, and I would like to say that I find that the whatchamacallit and the XYZ are overpowered, and need rebalancing, This is because of all the meticulous testing I've done while using it, as well as the fact that this magical and metaphysical object can do things that, quite frankly, should be reserved solely for divine beings. I propose we solve it in the following way: blah blah, a-blah blah blah blah blah blah. Thoughts?

(SCENARIO TWO): xXx_Pr0SW4gG3r3R_2K15_xXx, and I am SO SICK TO DEATH OF EVERYTHING IN THIS111 GAEM11 WHY CEN I NOOT DOOOO ANYTHENG111 EVERYTHINGOP PLZZ BUFF ME AM SICK TO DEATH NEFR N00B ENEMY KIDDS111 I CANT WHEN1111 PLZZ DBGGGGG LISTEN3MENOFAIRQ1111QQ11111Q N00b m0r0n deves stealin mes dollas I WILL CALL A L44WY33R1 GOODBYE GAEM IS BROKEN NEFR PLZZ11!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!???????XDXDXDXDX

(SCENARIO THREE): TR is overpowered in every aspect. Please nerf.

[IMG]

FIRST WAVE OF REPLIES. "DISCUSSION" INCOMING...
    (SCENARIO ONE): Interesting idea. I agree with whatchmacallit and fully support the implementation of Z; Y seems a little shady to me, though I don't trust X at all. Maybe tweaking it in A, with regards to B, and of course adding the optional C, could make this work. That said, B would counter Z, and Z would fundamentally counter C. C counters everything except Y, which counters X. X is bad, though it doesn't counter anything, so it's also good. Though the lack of counters results in Z and Y becoming dependant and henceforth 3 is rendered useless against X and 1 and 2 are in many respects impossible. Though how can that be possible when... ...etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

(SCENARIO TWO): *Laughter, mockery, and all round unpleasantness*.

(SCENARIO THREE): The Troll petting zoo is open for business...

Following these stages, there are a mixture of repeats in which the following may happen...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Followed by this...

[IMG]

Though all threads inevitably end up with ALL posters in it doing the following...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Hey-ho. What can you do eh? A forumite's life for me!
    :p
    • Up x 3
  13. Scr1nRusher

And were suddenly silenced.
  14. Scr1nRusher

Clearly I'm DBG Illuminati.

• Up x 1
  15. Scr1nRusher

Thinking OP, it hurt infantry players. Plz NARF plox!
    • Up x 1
  16. Scr1nRusher

We have entered a new level of Foroumsides Chaos Warp.
    • Up x 1
  17. LordAnnihilator

Like for you! Mocking the system is fun!
    Also, you forgot the one guy who always goes "This discussion is pointless, I don't care, shut up, please SHUT UP, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD/S**T/EXPLETIVE WHY WON'T YOU STOP THIS THIS IS STUPID GIVE ME YOUR ATTENTION FOR I AM TOTALLY ORIGINAL AND SUPAH SMART YES OMG SUPER SWAG MASTER IM AMAZING I PROBABLY AGREE/DISAGREE WITH YOU BUT I LIKE THE ATTENTION I TOTALLY AM NOTHING LIKE A HACKER I SWEAR
    • Up x 2
  18. Cynicismic

How could I forget! OMG MEMORY UP PLZZ BUFF ENEMY111 MEMORY MIND 3OP5ME PLZZ NERF NFRE ALL I CANT WIN NO FAIR1111111 PLZZ111!!!!!qqQ

Oh my word, this has to be the best thread that's ever been made on these forums!
    :D
    • Up x 1
  19. Scr1nRusher

My sides just used Charge.
  20. LordAnnihilator

THE SAAAAAALT! THE SAAAAAAAAALT!! TOO REAL! TOO MUCH!! I CAN'T TAKE ALL THESE GODAMN N00BS WITH HIGH BR / K/Ds SAYING THE MOST STUPID CRAP I'M GOING TO UNINSTALL IF DAYBREAK DOESN'T FIX THIS GODAMN **** EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE SHOWN NO SIGN OF GIVING A FK ARRRRRRRGH!!

This video says it all. So true!!111!!111!1!

• Up x 2