Raven vs Vortex

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Quovatis, May 2, 2013.

1. Takara

As a VS player...let me express my disbelief of this comment:eek::eek::eek::eek:

No...fractures not so good at infantry killing. Silly fellow spandex guy...I like the fracture but it is not very good. The Vortex has it's uses...but the Fracture is subpar to them. And the Raven's are still crazy good.

They need to bring the Vortex and Fracture up a bit to put them in line. They need to make the Vortex's charge faster, well the Fracture needs a small AV damage tweek.
  2. ZZYZX

You're insane. The Raven DOES NOT one shot infantry - not even Infiltrators. It's my main class and I know it intimately well. Stop lying or making up crap just to "prove" your point.

The recent Raven nerf was effective. If you can't avoid/destroy a Raven MAX now, then you have other problems that should be your primary concern. Namely, going back to the basics on how to seek cover, where to deploy vehicles, and how to engage MAX units.
  3. Improvisus

So, I've been playing the other factions lately. Previously, I was only an NC until I got to BR100 and got bored.

That being said, each faction is asymmetric, as in, each has its strengths and weaknesses. The game would get really boring without it. Originally, I was using my NS weapons as I was most familiar with them, but then, I was like: "Why?" It's the same ol' same ol'. Now, I almost exclusively play the faction weapon (I actually kinda regret the NS variant purchases) and to each their own. The Lancer is an incredible weapon as is the Lasher, nothing out there even close.

I'd also have to say that the stock TR max, out of the box, is pretty beast. Those chaingun guns that TR have are just insane at AI, almost to a point of ridiculousness. Then, you can get whatever the chaingun is that has a stock clip of 100, then you add the 50% extra ammo for 150, dock the MAX, increased RPM... and it's just plain OP compared to anything out there when it comes to AI. I mean, just go home at that point as you'll just get mowed down over and over again. Hee.

So, the Raven and Phoenix are the asymmetric weapons for NC. Get used to it and just like what was stated above, learn to hide your sundy. It's the same thing against any other faction, if they can see it they will kill it.