[Rant] What a train wreck of a game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NinjaTurtle, Dec 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NinjaTurtle

Warning I am pissed and ranting nothing to see here unless you like that sort of thing

2 years down the line where are we exactly? What do we have?

What we have is a game that has serious bad fps drops, hitching, continuous ping spikes, more bugs than the Amazon and a development team that seem to have little idea where they want to take the game.

If I seem pissed off I am. I have invested alot of money in this game since release, 12 months of membership plus 10k or so SC and what have I got at the end? Not what I expected. Yes it was my choice to invest, but I invested because my vision for the game seemed to be what the developers wanted as well (beer goggles off now) but never again will I pay for a free game.

The business model is counter productive to good game play and balance decisions and that is becoming more apparent.

And so New Years Eve what we have is a broken game. Who the hell releases a patch just before going on holiday? Just a hint Mr Higby, if no one is going to be available to fix what ever new and game breaking trash your patch adds don't patch the game.

I want to remind you again this is more than 2 years since release, it is unacceptable for such bad performance, never have I seen a game developer release so much trash into their game. Every single update something new is broken, old bugs reappear (how the ****) and apparent fixes turned out not to be fixed.

I hate SOE for ruining this game. The scope and idea was amazing and that was why I invested initially and slowly month by month they are killing this game through what I can only describe as sheer incompetence. How when you are the only game on the market offering what PS2 offers can you screw up so badly?

If I went into work and time and time again did my job poorly I would get sacked, yet here we have so called "fixes" not fixing jack ****.

The fixes are **** and the QA is **** for not picking up on the **** fix

/rant over
    • Up x 22
  2. RobotNinja

I just spawned a tank at a vehicle terminal...and then when my vehicle spawned...got ran over by my own tank and suicided. Um. Okay. I see how it is Smed.

By the way...I really think it's great for nostalgia how they're bringing back all the bugs from the closed/open beta so the new players get a chance to experience the exact same bugs I did for months on end.
    • Up x 11
  3. Kirthalion

I'm only two months into this, several hundred dollars of SC not to mention the hardware upgrades I did on my computer to make this thing run.

All I want fixed right now are alerts.
  4. FriendlierFire

Not sure what you are talking about. I jumped in after a long hiatus a couple days ago. Have put down several hours. The performance is fine, and the only bug I've seen is having other continent spawns showing up on the map. Not exactly game breaking.
  5. FieldMarshall

I love the concept of planetside, but really wish SOE would learn from past mistakes in other games instead of repeating them.
    • Up x 2
  6. Cyberdyn

I just totally agree, a some point the game was great. I'm not even discussing about gameplay decision but in term of performance and ping this game is just becoming worse at every patch.

So we still got the teleportation of people if they are past 50m far and on top of it on cobalt ping just go totally crazy all the time (200 ping fest) since the last eu server "*"!! MAINTENANCE !!"*" ....
  7. Takara

This.....is why the trend in game development where they release unfinished games for profits now...is ruining gaming. They promise you things that never get delivered after you already paid things. You can't exactly be mad at SOE for the money you invested in this game. Would you buy a new house with out seeing it....but only promises that it is absolutely going to be the best home ever?

You paid for something knowing full well it wasn't done. I've put money into this game too. But I'm not upset becuase of that. I'm just upset at the destruction of of so much potential of a title like this. I was hoping this game would be as good at PS1. But I decided that it wasn't going to happen. I've made peace with this being a sub par title that has some fun team aspects to it. I won't ever give money to them for SC again.
  8. BobSanders123

Just because you don't have performance issues and face bugs doesn't mean they aren't there for the rest of the players.
  9. Metalsheep

Bringing back old bugs, yet they still haven't brought back Crazy Legs. The only good bug.
    • Up x 4
  10. doombro

2 years in, I realize that this game failed the day they decided not to implement a full VGS system. It was doomed before we had any say in the matter, sadly. They built a traffic simulator without traffic lights. It should come as no surprise when that just turns into GTA.
  11. uhlan

No!

I've seen crazy legs within the last week or so!

At least once.

I've also seen the floppy, limp-wristed light assaults too...

Wait, maybe that last one is normal...

MY BAD!
  12. Onetoo

Yesterday, I redeployed to a nearby base... only, I wasn't placed in the spawn-room, I was dropped from the sky on the outskirts of the base. I died on impact.
    • Up x 2
  13. Uncle_Lou

My biggest beef right now is the awful netcode. I am beyond sick of being shot behind solid cover because on the other guy's screen I'm in the open, while on my screen I've been behind cover for 2-3 seconds. I had a short conversation with one of my killers in the most egregious example I've seen lately - on my screen he was halfway down a fully enclosed stairwell and coming up, I was halfway across the room at the top moving at 180 degrees to him. When I died, my system showed the tracers coming through the wall. When I asked him, he said he was right behind me. So somehow there was a 10 meter and 180 degree desync between what he saw and what I did. That is unacceptable.

Hit a guy in the chest with a sticky grenade last night, watched him close on me with it stuck on him. Didn't even get a hit marker when it went off. smh.

Stuff like that just makes me wonder. It seems like it is getting worse too. I don't know if it is just shoddy coding and bad patches, or if the servers all need a reboot, or if everyone I'm playing against is logging in from the moon. Definitely makes me question the money I've spent and whether I want to spend any more.
  14. Doc Jim

Deathscreen, move mouse to select a specific spawn: AUTOSPAWN RIGHT IN THE EXPLOSIONS.
    (No buttons pushed or clicked.)
  15. Pikachu

Seems like the ping don't want to go below 100 today. :L Floating around 155.

Oh btw the lovely low res texture bug is coming more than usual.
    [IMG]
  16. FBVanu

Wait, what?
    I thought that only happened when I exit my vehicle..
  17. radrussian2

yeah. the thing that bothers me most is that each major patch seems to make the game a little bit less fun each time. personally i hate the lattice. i remember before there was a lattice people actually worked together and coordinated. now basically all any platoon leader says is redeploy (insert base here). its ******* lame. and its sad because even as ****** as they keep making it its still an awesome game. solid gunplay, fun vehicles, and massive scope make the ps2 experience really exciting. but it would be 10 times more exciting if they quit doing dumb **** like implementing a new resource system that isnt even half finished and then just ******* keep it like that for months. like wtf?
    • Up x 1
  18. LibertyRevolution

One of the guys in my squad spawned at the Amerish northeast warpgate..
    It dropped him from the sky outside the warpgate bubble to the southeast, almost in northeast crux mining, killing him on impact.

So like the exit vehicle bug, but on respawn instead. Only seen it happen once though.
  19. Pootisman

signed

The christmas patch was a mess, you still cant play the game seriously because there is so much lag, performance problems, etc. I dont understand how this patch got through testing. Almost 2 weeks have passed and nothing is fixed ...
  20. Pootisman

Once ... lucky you. I already died 20-30 times to this bug.

Yea, this bug happens a lot now. I just switched to low textures because the slow, buggy loading looks horrible.

Sometimes it seems, the devs are downgrading the game with their updates.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.