[RANT] Emerald NC... You're just embarrassing

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberNoob1337101, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Ballto21

2. ATRA_Wampa-One

This thread... soooo true.

Myself and the outfit I play with love NC weapons more than any other factions weapons, but we refuse to play NC more than once every 3 months or so since it takes us that long to forget just how bad they are and why we hate playing with them.
  3. CorporationUSA

Let's all go VS. With no more war, we can focus more on high-altitude galaxy dance parties.
    • Up x 2
  4. TheShrapnelKing

You didn't play Waterson TR at launch.
  5. TheShrapnelKing

At least we're not full of ourselves.
  6. H4YW1R3

I usually don't bother with "rant" threads, let alone agree with them. But I have to say I agree with the OP here.

Even with seconds left and nothing to lose, it seems about 90% of NC/Emerald players will not push a cap point. Then when they lose the base, those same morons are the first to pull sunderers and head back to that base, as though they're going to do something "this time".

They run around all over the map like idiots, everywhere but cap points or gens where they need to be. Fight over useless buildings while gens are down/going down, and cap points are held by enemies. And they continue to do so despite anything said in chat or voice. And still continue to do so, base after base. Even a rat learns after it's shocked a few times. Not NC players though.

And to be honest, my experiences with TR/Emerald aren't that much better. I've been trying to play my TR and NC toons (especially lately with all the players jumping to VS recently and overpopulating the faction), but often end up frustrated with the seemingly high concentration of morons. But I can't say I'm surprised, since I started with NC in beta, switched to TR shortly after release, then tried NC again for a little while, before finally trying VS. VS was my least favorite faction, the one I was least interested in, but the one I stuck with and the one I achieved my first BR100 toon. Not because VS/Emerald don't have their fair share of morons, but because there just seems to be a much lower concentration of them.

NC/Emerald and TR/Emerald lose alerts thanks to the large concentration of morons playing, then run here and to reddit, whining about losing alerts, and blaming it on Orion to excuse the stupidity and indifference to teamwork, common sense, map awareness, and proper strategy and objective priority that is all too common in the majority of the players in those factions.
  7. Visigodo

Emerald NC in a nutshell.

8. Stroheim

Because NC are idiots and peasants that work for greedy, fat men - if only they knew how glorious we, the Vanu sovereignty are!
  9. Ronin Oni

Uhm, AMS in the vehicle bay below the lab is the worst, most selfish thing a player can do for their faction and they absolutely should get C4'd.

I want the entirety of below the biolab to just be made a no-deploy zone for all factions.

There's NO reason to deploy ANYWHERE under the lab that's not next to a lift.

Anywhere else and you're a cancerous sheeter that's a bane to their own faction.
  10. ATRA_Wampa-One

We spam yell chat because we care. :D
  11. TheShrapnelKing

/yell? Pft, that's nothing. You should see the /tells. Ask Desideratus - the troll is strong with that one.
  12. BIllyGG

NC on Emerald is...something else.

When I can think of exactly what that something is. I'll let you know.
  13. Ronin Oni

I miss Jaeger TR....

I remember Jaeger/Waterson merge I was looking around at all the TR thinking "wtf happened?!??"
  14. BIllyGG

15. Thardus

I strongly believe that faction flavours influence player base.
    NC=Space 'Murica=Lone wolves, who fail at objective based teamwork because they're too busy trying to be the best they can be personally.
    TR=Space Military=Players who work together, but have a high degree of individual bravado and strive for accomplishment.
    VS=Space Scientists=Players who see themselves as intelligent, and are willing to sacrifice personal achievement for the end goal of their team's triumph.

This isn't a hard and fast rule, but I really do think that it has some influence on the overall disposition of the factions.
  16. BIllyGG

lol "...the best they can be"

Well then, they're doing a shi**y job then, Unless they're trying to be as good as the dummies in the VR training room.
  17. EViLMinD

The vast majority of Emerald NC are oblivious. Painfully so.

Why we got stuck with the bulk of the bads is a mystery to me. I guess shortbus people tend to prefer the color blue... or the 'freedom' shtick appeals to them somehow.

NC is still the coolest faction. Our ES **** is the best. Our bullets are the biggest.

Don't give up on NC. Just become a good solo/small squad player.