Rangers are broken OP

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by adamts01, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Inzababa

2 anti air guns.

Walkers used to kill air faster and with more accuracy but they got nerfed.
    I actually hardly tried rangers until walkers got nerfed but basically, they kill / "make air go away" faster than walkers now. So they are considered better because they just work better..

Also I think there's a psychological side, when you get hit by rangers, it's a lot more noisy !

It's supposed to be situational, but in practice, the situations in which rangers are more useful are much more common.
  2. strikearrow

In short, Rangers do more damage faster than a Walker.
  3. HippoCryties

Ok it’s bad hahaha
  4. FateJH

In my book, that's usually "mission accomplished."
    Holding onto the AA is more sensible. Always going to be something that will buzz around and try to antagonize your friendlies.
  5. Prudentia

Strategically important =/= Interesting to do
    • Up x 1
  6. FateJH

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of standing on the cap console. For about six minutes.
  7. Prudentia

yes that too is utterly boring and there is no reason to do it if there is noone pushing in on it
  8. FateJH

Yes, but you know who that person on the other side of the base is going to complain about as soon as some enemy gets on it and contests it?
    Probably someone who isn't me, but I'm insecure enough for it to work all the same.
  9. Prudentia

well you can ofcourse run around and actually fight people. or just go afk and read a book.
  10. adamts01

I actually liked driving it before CAI, not any more. It was plenty good at wrecking air before if you paid attention and waited, plus it could deal serious damage to facetanking Harassers and even do real work against MBTs, especially Magriders, which it could get underneath and almost always beat. Now it does one thing, and does it too well, to the point there's no air to shoot and you can no longer contribute once air bugs off. That vehicle is just wrong.
    • Up x 1
  11. Halkesh

For the sentence I've quoted, you got a point : skyguard is a killjoy weapon because of it's effectiveness against air and uneffectiveness against other targets.
    Reducing skyguard's flak damage by ~33% and improving it's effectiveness against ground target (mainly with a huge CoF buff) might fix that problem.

Also, for a more jack-of-all-trade skyguard, what about buffing Python-HEAT's gun elevation to 60-85° ? A 2 sec reload speed cannon unable to OHK ESF and with standard effectiveness against ground. Unlike your "walker-skyguard", this one is hard-hitting.
    • Up x 1
  12. adamts01

The problem is that the Skyguard needs that dps for defensive purposes against Tankbusters and suck. And it needs some decent dps against Libs at render range, but not so much against ESF past Hornet range (450m). The only solution I see is a direct fire weapon with appropriate damage falloff. Not the flat damage that flak offers.
  13. FateJH

Or, you know, appropriate damage type modifiers.
  14. LodeTria

Um why? If you're getting hit constantly at 800m you're just a **** skyguard/Lightning driver and we shouldn't buff the bads because they are far too stupid to use their WASD keys.
  15. strikearrow

I still kill some ESFs by running full stealth on it and driving long distances sometimes, but ya now it cannot facetank a harasser and certainly is no match for an MBT or even a viper lightning.
  16. strikearrow

The point is for the skyguard to prevent the Libs from killing off sunderers from 800m away. Dedicated AA must be able to protect sunderers from Liberators.
    • Up x 2
  17. LodeTria

That's what the numerous garages, cover & Stealth sunderer are for. A sunderer out in the open enough for die from 800m away from AIR is a bad sunderer.

If you're gonna use this faulty argument, guess we need to make infantry AV deal respectable damage at 800m too in-case a scary tank comes along huh.
  18. FateJH

There are forum-goers who say that we do.
  19. LodeTria

This forum is full of pretty stupid *** people, like those idiots that thought the lasher was just as good as a grenade.
  20. Prudentia

hell there are people who think the Lasher has equal performance to the PPA :p