Range finder implant is tier 3?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Prudentia, May 22, 2014.

1. Prudentia

Why is the implant, that only benefits those who stand around with a lock on launcher trying to fight of airzergs and Snipers and therefor generates the least amount of certs one of the most energy intensive?

Shouldn't the Implant, that helps new Players to learn the drop on their Long range weapons and gives the least amount of combat specific Information of all Information based implant be a Tier 1 Implant?
    • Up x 3
  2. Pikachu

Should be built into weapons. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 9
  3. Fenrisk

Completely agree.

Sniper rifles should have a range finder on some of their scopes. Same for lock on launchers. There's no reason why this should only be a level 3 implant.
    • Up x 3
  4. S7rudL

Range finder as an lvl3 implant only, wuut?

I guess i'll just quip the lvl1 health regeneration and newer look back again.
    • Up x 2
  5. Ronin Oni

Why would you use range finder with lock-on for AA? o_O

Sniping I could understand... uhm... pretty much nothing else though.

And then, only long enough to learn what ranges are and how much drop you need at them.

Should be a T1 implant... but w/e, never intended to use it anyways
  6. applepienation

They knew it was a much requested feature so they implanted it in a way that would squeeze as much money as possible out of the people who wanted it.

They're basically selling us common sense updates.
  7. SpcFarlen

You know whats funny about range finder? It used to me a togglable command in beta THAT ANYONE COULD USE!!!

They too kit away once everyone used it :(...
    • Up x 1
  8. Prudentia

because the implant can show you if you can lock onto a target without having to lock it. It's very annoying when you try to lock an ESF and then you see hes at 449m and just flies the meter out of range and now he knows there is a lock on and you didn't do any damage
  9. Ronin Oni

Does range finder work when not ADS?

Because I don't see how you'd get the range without giving a lock warning. (unless they're out of range, which you'd be able tell without giving a lock warning anyways)
  10. GaBeRock

Rangefinder is intended for two things- sniping and artillery. It's a T3 because it gives a significant boost to experienced players who understand the milldots. I, personally, would use a table for drop over milldots with rangefinder to gun AV turrets or bulldogs long range or out of LOS.
  11. Jeslis

This implant is CRAP, it only works at what you're pointing DIRECTLY at.. and when your in a tank at long range, your not aiming at them, you're aiming above them.

This really should have been a tier 1-2-3 implant where:

Tier1:
    - Same functionality + additional *range-to-last-spotted-target* for us artillery people.

Tier2:
    -Same as tier1 + a holographic target/dot/some sort of indicator at the proper distance ABOVE the targets hitbox, such that, if they do not move, and you fire directly at that indicator, the shot will hit them

Tier3:
    - Same as tier2 + (perhaps) attempts to correct for target movement.. eg; fire here and you'll hit the target if they keep moving in the same direction.. versus Tier2 would only be a static above head target to account for projectile drop but not movement.

I do understand that Tier3 may be pushing the bounds of acceptability of aim-assist in this game.. and would be fine with what Ive suggested for Tier2 instead.

But I would love that tier3 for my tanking.. Cause atm there are NO good tank driver implants worth running.
    ((I understand some are ok, but none are worth the power drain.
    • Up x 1
  12. IamDH

13. Prudentia

did you write yourself a bot that posts that link into every thread where the word Implant appears in the OP? totally unrelated if it is appropiate or not?
  14. IamDH

First time i ever posted that link btw.

Also, no i didnt read the OP. The title had a question and i just pasted this link from another thread
  15. Rsoul

This implant has great synergy with a silenced Longshot, with x12 scope. Do some testing from 50m to 300m and record the mill dots every 25m intervals. Works like a dream up till 275m. 300m can be a lil tricky.