Random lag after about a half hour of playing

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by AntiFox08, Aug 14, 2015.

1. AntiFox08

There's a video for reference. I recorded it with Raptr's software and I can safely say that did not cause the lag. Anyway, I play for about a half hour, then the game just starts lagging uncontrollably. It started happening just a few days ago, never before then. I have a 7970 GHZ Edition 3GB, i5 3550k, and 8GB RAM. I can start lagging, then minimize my game, open firefox, type in an address, and load the page in less than a second. That leads me to believe my connection as a whole is not at fault, but something is causing the issue. I don't know if I just need to verify the game or what.
  2. AntiFox08

I just had someone accuse me of speed hacking because the game started lagging. To be fair, he was sitting alone in a deployed Sundy in a grenade launcher seat. He was plinking grenades 20m in front of me while I was strafing side to side with rank 3 rival and after prolonged hits, he died alone with the Sundy. Had he not been sitting still, he would have been flipping all over the place or clipping underground. I saw a Harasser float by like a light assault with a jetpack and its front end kept kicking up it made me laugh pretty hard, but at the same time, there has to be a fix other than quitting every half hour.

My connection is fine http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4584663499 and I already filed a ticket but it was after I made this thread. Figured someone would know what was wrong. I have a better video being uploaded now at 60fps.
  3. VideoGame57

This is indeed your connection, but I believe it is related to the server lagging. I have experienced this issue but it was an isolated incident. Do you share your connection with other people? They may be using up your bandwidth. It's possible your connection was lagging and that the page you loaded in firefox was cached. Try running a speedtest while the lag is occurring.
  4. VideoGame57

I don't know much about this issue, just that it only happened to me once. My latency to the server was also fine, only reporting 142ms, within the green (I play on Miller from Canada).

This is my speed test result while not running the game.
    [IMG]

This is my speed test result while running the game.
    [IMG]

PlanetSide 2 seems to have little effect on my bandwidth, not sure why download actually increased, someone must have been downloading something when I ran the first test.
  5. AntiFox08

It has nothing to do with someone else doing anything. I am able to reproduce this by playing for almost exactly a half hour, then the lag sets in, and it is latency based lag, not at all PC hardware related. Actually earlier, it got around a half-hour and the lag started to set in, but I stayed on and it died down, but like 15 mins later, it became unplayable and I exited the game.
  6. AntiFox08

I just got into a fight with a Liberator and he followed me from one base to the next where he was alone. The lag was so unbearable, he kept slapping into the ground, nearly hitting me, and warping all over. I shot him full of holes and kept getting xp though I wasn't taking much dmg. I started to catch fire and repaired, but it seemed like he flew away to repair. He came back, same thing happened, and I think he left again. He came back a 3rd time and I noticed as I was repairing my tank, the repair gun meter wasn't moving, but the green bar on my Lightning was rising. I shot him as much as I could, then my repair gun stopped working so I ran to the spawn room next to me. My Lightning blew up, I suddenly lost my armor and a chunk of health, then he died. He whispered me and thought I was hacking.
  7. Dantekek

I'm on Miller and I've had this issue for a week now with no response to my support ticket or thread. I'd love to know why this is happening also. Even contacted my ISP and they've confirmed the problem is not on my end.

My speed:

[IMG]
  8. vivijol

Yeah this happens to me too after playing for half an hour.
  9. AntiFox08

I've had a ticket open since last week and while they did reply once other than the automated response, I haven't heard back in days.