[Suggestion] Random ideas

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AxiomInsanity87, Feb 4, 2016.

1. AxiomInsanity87

1. Give non member players 50 free certs per day and members 100
    2. Make the prowler turret the quad barrel turret for aesthetics but keep it's fire rate the same. The new turret model would just cycle through 4 barrels instead of 2
    3. Give magriders a sideways afterburner option
    4. Give the ps4 version throttle analog as It's clumsy and horrible without it
    5. Give all maxes a melee and shield option that doubles their hp. mb1 for swing, mb2 for shield up for protection and homogenize stats across the 3 empires. This also has a monetary incentive in cosmetics and makes maxes more of a tank at the same time.
    6. Give battle rifles to the LA as well
    7. Increase xp for support actions and playing the objective to encourage more teamplay and less farming of those who play the objective (guilty)
    8. Remove the vs and nc ai mines activation delay and reduce the claymores damage to 1000
    9. Buff fractures by lowering the recoil and muzzle flash. Applying sustained fire with them is like a constant epilepsy test.
    10. (big one) Remove vs magazines and give all their guns an overheat mechanic. Change extended mags to decreased heat per shot. Overheating should cause an overheat mechanic and animation with maybe a small 100 damage to shields or hp. I think that is a decent trade-off for essentially having infinite ammo and gives a little faction flavour.
    11. Change vanguard shield to a resist value instead of damage mitigation value while making it so x amount of damage does not force it into a cooldown state.
    • Up x 1
  2. Gundem

1 I'd make it so non-members actually have to be playing to get up to x certs per day. Members get to accumulate y certs and grab them whenever they get around to it.

2 Fine I suppose, but what if they want to add an actual quad cannon for the Prowler?

3 pls

4 Not ps4, can't comment

5 Sure as hell would be fun, but I doubt the devs would take the time or effort to implement with current state of operations.

6 I honestly don't have a problem with LA's having BR's, but some people don't want that. Maybe first we can buff BR's to usefulness, then consider giving them to LA's.

7 While zerglings will always zerg, more exp for working together isn't bad either!

8 I'd not lower the damage so much, maybe 1100-1150 at max. But yes, the Claymore is vastly superior to the other two mines.

9 Can't comment on the Fractures, don't own them. But I've seen them, they appear to work pretty nicely inside 150 meters.

10 Oh my I can only imagine how the forums would explode. I would love the VS to get a little more ES flavor(beyond that of "muh bullet drop"), but I honestly think there would be better ways to do that. Like for the Chaos, we could get an alt fire mode that changes our ammo to slugs. And plasma DoT on some weapon. And an attachment for the Lasher that turns it into a high DPS laser, like the beta had.

11 It'd need some other penalties if it could be used for a long duration, like slower turret speed and turn rate. Otherwise it'd just be a free "haha **** you" against every flanking Magrider/lightning. In it's current state, a 2/2 maggy can break the shield from the rear, it's still annoying but it's workable.

Also gotta love that ballcup reload animation.
    • Up x 1
  3. AxiomInsanity87

Let's be clear about the free certs.

I hate f2pers with a passion and think they are cheapskate fodder who have no grounds to talk about anything to do with the games development as they contribute nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Contrary to that we need the f2pers to stay happy so they should have a slightly easier time.

There is no entitled bum agenda with the free certs. The f2pers do need a slightly easier time i reckon.
  4. FateJH

And what are the NC supposed to do?
    Oh, right, and there's is no difference between the base stats of the different factions' MAXes, save for some hitbox variance.
    The VS are nothing but a mishmash of faction flavour and faction-specific mechanics. (Admittedly, they dislike many of them.)
  5. AxiomInsanity87

Fair play yeah.

Vanguard looks like a nice beasty tank and magrider is a totally different beast to look at

Then you get the box with a wobbly lopsided thing on top. It just looks sht to me. I have yet to meet a TR player who dislikes a quad barrel idea.

INB4 the first ever TR player to not like the looks of a quad barrel posts lol.
  6. Mezinov

[IMG]

Yes I play TR, and yes I would prefer neither. Not the two barrels on one side. Not the two barrels on each side. Not a barrel on each side.

What was wrong with having it in the Center?

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  7. AxiomInsanity87

I've seen some really nice concepts for that yeah.
  8. AxiomInsanity87

Hehe

I was expecting to get crucified for suggesting anything that may add a little more fun and variety
  9. Mezinov

There are some nice ones out there.

[IMG]

Based on crazy Russian fever dreams.

And even very traditional ones;
    [IMG]

Overall... anything but what we have would be nice. HOW DOES THE PROWLER EVEN RELOAD?! LET ALONE THE FASTEST?

Daily certs don't make people play, just log on. There are tons of games with log-in rewards that people will just cycle through while sipping their coffee and then play something else. Why not give 50 free certs per day to members, and then create a free system where every X hours gets you a spin on some Nanite Systems slot machine. Rewards are random number of certs (say between 10 and 1000), implants, and implant energy. DBG knows the average players daily playtime, so they can make that (or a little bit more to encourage growth) the threshold to get 1 spin.

Hell, you can even monetize it. Charge the same as a bounty or so for a spin, make it a cert sink too. People love gambling.
    We've been discussing this.
    I support Omni-Burner. The Magriders ES Ability is the meh-ist of them all.
    Give the PS4 version NOTHING. But seriously; whatever. I don't like playing shooters on consoles.
    Max Melee weapons exist in the files, and have since shortly after launch.

NC /// TR /// VS

I don't support making MAXs Chivalryside however. I would say a movement buff for each one equipped (so you could equip 1 and a gun for a small boost, or both for a larger boost) and thats it.
    Unlock all weapons to all classes. Treat customization a bit more like Planetside 1. Heavy Assault get two "rifle sized" choices. Everyone else gets one. Rocket Launcher Light Assault? Fine. Who gives a ****.
    I think experience gain is in a pretty good place right now, though more reasons to objective instead of farm doesn't hurt. Removing exp on just-spawned people didn't stop the farming though, so, eh?
    Or make the Claymore NS, and give the TR an AI mine with the same characteristics as the VS and NC ones. This would give everyone more choice.
    No reason to poo-poo a Quality of Life change, even if I am a Pounder Purist myself.
    I have alot of ideas to make the factions different in regards to how their ammunition and health work, but I don't see a reason to make overheating hurt the user. If you just make the full overheat penalty twice as long as a normal reload for the NC or TR you will already punish the user enough.
    Why not leave the Vanguard shield as it is, but create more options for ES abilities? You can have the Vanguard shield break down exactly like the HA sheilds do (Normal, Resist, Adrenaline). Give the VS OmniBurner and then model their variants off the different jetpacks (yes, I support vertical thrust ability for Magrider). Then take Lockdown and have its current OMGDPS mode, have a mode that deploys a forward hardlight shield but doesn't change DPS (but still removes mobility), and then have an "Overdrive" version that is a compromise - it halves speed but only gives half the same bonus OMGDPS mode does.
  10. AxiomInsanity87

Yeah fair points.
  11. AxiomInsanity87

That's the prowler one i like [IMG]
  12. Halo572

Absolutely, and I agree with you 100%. Apart from all of it.

How about the gaming industry gets rid of the cancer of F2P and makes something premium and of quality?

Maybe not spend the next 4 years ripping off the unsuspecting and deluded by delivering nothing and not even by the fourth anniversary of the title included anything deeper than TDM in tiny maps in a big map with 2002 gameplay with 2012 graphics skins that is all it has been for those 4 years?

48 months without a reason to play? WTF people, do you sit and stare at the wall or watch grass grow 'just 4 fun' ? Soldier of Fortune 2 was doing PS2 BETTER 14 YEARS AGO.

I hate people who pay for F2P titles with a passion as they support the sector of the market that gouges players that know no better as they were born in an era where Early Access and DLC passes are now considered normal instead of an anathema.

You PS2 fanbois really are deluded, it is fascinating to watch how long - measured in years - you can sit and defend the indefensible.
  13. AxiomInsanity87

I'd have liked a sub from the get-go but i love ps2 for what it is. If people didn't pay into the game then it wouldn't have gotten off the ground as people would have been much more mad to pay a sub just to play the same thing for so long. At least with f2p people can simply "opt out" and be mad while they play rather than not having the choice to do so. Those who love it will continue to chuck money at it.

It's funny watching persons like yourself still here after so long whining about others who enjoy the game. Stop chasing after your initial high like a junkie mate.

You got bored, now move on. The rest of us who actually enjoy the game will continue to do so and the recent dev activity and hiring of wrel is promising.

As for "not knowing any better" My first console was an atari mate and i remember when games came all in one nice package. This games f2p is pretty fair if you ask me.
  14. Eternaloptimist

1. Give non member players 50 free certs per day and members 100
    Why? You can play for free, surely that's reward enough? And members like me already get bags of certs for supporting the game financially

2. Make the prowler turret the quad barrel turret for aesthetics but keep it's fire rate the same. The new turret model would just cycle through 4 barrels instead of 2
    Not a tanker so no view

3. Give magriders a sideways afterburner option
    Why? they're hard enough to hit already aren't they?

4. Give the ps4 version throttle analog as It's clumsy and horrible without it
    Not a PS4 player myself do no view about this

5. Give all maxes a melee and shield option that doubles their hp. mb1 for swing, mb2 for shield up for protection and homogenize stats across the 3 empires. This also has a monetary incentive in cosmetics and makes maxes more of a tank at the same time.
    They have Max Punch and a cartload of repairable hp already. But sure, take away the NC exclusive right to a shield - they're putting NS equivalents of TR Striker and Repeater pistol out there so what's good for one faction is good for another? Seriously though - why go homogenious rather than factions specific?

6. Give battle rifles to the LA as well
    Nah, battle rifles are heavy things optimised for longer range, not the LA role at all. But they can just stick to the Blackhand if that's their thing

7. Increase xp for support actions and playing the objective to encourage more teamplay and less farming of those who play the objective (guilty)
    Engies and Medics already get shedloads of support xp (at least when I play them). I don't think there is a deficiency here, More likely assault classes are more fun for a lot of players

8. Remove the vs and nc ai mines activation delay and reduce the claymores damage to 1000
    Again, why remove faction diversity? I don't have a problem getting kills with Bettys or Prox Mines. Its about where you place them. And Claymores are directional, the others aren't

9. Buff fractures by lowering the recoil and muzzle flash. Applying sustained fire with them is like a constant epilepsy test.
    Anything to make that thing better than useless is a good idea

10. (big one) Remove vs magazines and give all their guns an overheat mechanic. Change extended mags to decreased heat per shot. Overheating should cause an overheat mechanic and animation with maybe a small 100 damage to shields or hp. I think that is a decent trade-off for essentially having infinite ammo and gives a little faction flavour.
    So, remove cert gain for engineers ammo packs (biggest earner - see 7. above) if you are VS? and you don't think Battlegoose is already majorly powerful? You want all VS to have that advantage?

11. Change vanguard shield to a resist value instead of damage mitigation value while making it so x amount of damage does not force it into a cooldown state.
    No view on this