Railjack has 10 shot mag on live...

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by ISKNausicaa, Feb 27, 2014.

1. ISKNausicaa

up from 4 on the last PTR patch, why?
  2. Baccano

If you haven't used the weapon on live short answer is Shot Delay
  3. Baccano

New update you can't drag shot this rifle either
  4. skifton

It has a small charge-up time (which is a cool idea for a railgun btw) and reloading also takes time...so they minimize reloading because you only get one shot per target (and it's got a reload time and a 'cooldown' of sorts between shots).
  5. Baccano

Actually it has shorter reload times but longer rechamber times

- SideWinder
  6. ISKNausicaa

Just to clarify I jumped on to post while in warp gate, so didn't see your reply, yeh that shot delay is nots I though I was going mad missing shot after shot, this plus lack of drag shot gives this weapon a real learning curve.

The way this rifle works feel very similar to the ps1 bolt driver.

My main issue with it is the fact they didn't even put these adjustments on the ptr for us to test, they just dumped them on live.
  7. Unclematos7

The final build on the PTS has 4 rounds in the magazine and 750m/s velocity.

On live it has 10 rounds in the magazine, 850m/s velocity, and the rechambering animation is off.

I can only assume that they accidentally released an earlier build.
  8. Baccano

No the velocity when I checked last night on PTS said 850m/s (which only equates to approx one tenth of a second to reach the target sooner not excatly ground shatteringly op)
  9. ISKNausicaa

The velocity went up to 850m/s when it lost its shotgun secondary, quite a few patches back, the Railjack never had a 10 shot mag in any of the PTR patches
  10. Unclematos7

11. Reavx

What charge up? =S
    Mine is same as it was on ptr but with 10 rounds a mag.
  12. Iridar51

It's really subtle, but it's there. About 0.2-0.25 seconds between pressing Fire and actual shot.
  13. -WHeaties

Well no matter, they're reverting the 10 back to 4 and keeping the shot delay. Back to the EM4 lads!
    • Up x 1
  14. Sworaven

I have not tested this weapon on live yet so keep in mind these are all assumptions.

I feel the shot-delay is a bad mechanic which only makes consistently hitting moving targets harder. Not only do you have to account for leading the target, which is judging by the bullet velocity not a lot, but you've also got to get your timing right because of the shot delay.

Personally I think they should get rid of the shot delay, revert the magsize back to 4, reduce the reserve ammo to something like 32 and give it a very long reload and rechamber time compared to the BASRs. That should fix a lot of problems and make this weapon a bit more fun to use while still maintaining balance with the other sniper-rifles.
    • Up x 1
  15. ISKNausicaa

i honestly thought the 10 shot mag and extra ammo was recompense for the added bullet delay, apprently it was a bug,now its back at 4 and 40ish, not sure how i feel about that at all right now.
  16. ISKNausicaa

If those numbers are accurate then the lead on the railjack at max range is only as good as the T1 rifles; 0.56 sec to get to 300m whereas the railjack is 0.36s+0.2sec delay = 0.56 s.

The issue is this gets worse the closer you get as that 0.2 delay never changes, T1 rifle travel time is 0.18secs at 100m while the railjack is 0.11+0.2 = 0.3secs meaning you have to lead far more than a T1 rifle at those ranges.

In essence right now in terms of leading the target under 300m its the worst BSAR in the game, the only exception being that Phaseshift charge mode.
  17. Zagareth

good that I didn't buy it right from the start. The immense ammo was a good choice over the Longshot... now I better keep my hands off it
  18. Sworaven

What about the shot delay? Is it still there?
  19. Valok

They said nothing about it on the patch notes so I'd say yes.
  20. Sworaven

Sorry, still at work. Didn't notice the patchnotes/maintenance.