Radar....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SikVvVidiT, Jun 12, 2022.

1. SikVvVidiT

First let me explain that I am no noob, I BETA tested this game and Played PS1... But lately I am noticing some things with this game that I cannot explain as far as radar is concerned...

It seems that I am showing up on Radar without shooting my weapon and no darts or vehicles(vehicle radar) around. How do I know that? I ask people and the FEW that respond say I showed up on radar running around....The others just started coming towards me as if they were using a ESP hack...Seems to be like this when I'm cloaked as well.

So can someone please explain how and why this is possible.. And I am noticing this is happening for other players as well, for some reason they will just pop up at times on my radar without even firing a weapon...Planetside 1 had a facility that you had to be linked to to gain radar, did they add some crap in like this lately?

What am I missing here?...
    • Up x 1
  2. Botji

I have not noticed this but I run Sensor Shield on like 95% of my loadouts because you kinda have to if you have a active playstyle.
    Are you certain its not a vehicle radar? fully upgraded ground vehicles have 100m range and the Valkyrie has 200m, both are massive areas so even if you ask the enemies if they have one they might not be aware that there is one around if its sitting on the edges of the base or whatever.
  3. Mechwolf

Well, in most fights I play on PS4, somebody with a max stealthed out vehicle and maxed radar usually is the detector, so chances are, it's a A2G ESF, valkyrie, or a flash picking you up from 250m/100m away with max stealth on.
  4. RFMeridian

The infiltrator class have this little Motion Spotter device (way more powerful than a dart). Once deployed it spots every enemy within a range of 50 meters and shows exact live movement within 20 meters (if maxed out). At closer ranges the position of motion spotter is revealed on your minimap. Therefore many people are running this Sensor Shield implant to mitigate this.
    • Up x 1
  5. Botji

Its actually something I have been thinking about for a while now, I really dislike all the sensor crap that is in the game right now since I feel FORCED to use Sensor Shield implant because if I dont then my every move is shown on the minimap and like 99% of the people you have to worry about are the people who at least are skilled/experienced enough to look at the minimap every now and then so you really dont want to show up there if you can help it.

I just really dont like how radar-heavy the game is and I feel extra bad for all the newbies who dont know about it and/or do not even have the Sensor Shield implant yet to do something about it.... TBFH I would love a Utility device that worked similarly to the S-Shield implant, lowering the range all these radar stuff spots you as you upgrade it, this is like the best idea ever.. unfortunately no dev will see it!
  6. JibbaJabba

Sensor Shield implant only works perfectly if you walk and never run. Not very practical.

Many times it only takes a small clue to tell where you're going to be. Sometimes I can make a beeline for where you are based on a blip you gave away on radar 30 seconds earlier. It's very circumstantial.
  7. TR5L4Y3R

radar heavy? heck i say the game is heavily lacking in reckon and intel options .. the primary reconoptions are on the infil with motionspotters and darts, otherwise an infantryclass has to use crossbow motionbolts .. the only other radar available is on vehicles and you have to actively drive them .. i say medics and MAX should have their own recontools as well ..
    ... if you want a stealthoption for your suitslot (though i would only give that to the medic, engineer and MAYBE Light assault) .. fair enough, BUT there need to be more intel and recontools ..
    • Up x 1