Radar on flash

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OldMaster, Feb 12, 2013.

1. OldMaster

I wanted to upgrade my flash using radar. Is it worth? How does it work? Does it spot only moving targets? Must I be on board to make it work, or I just have to be in the surroundings?
  2. Compass

It spots pretty much everything with a red dot, and it works without you being on it.
  3. Kurreah

It is a very nice upgrade. You see the enemy as dots on your minimap. You don't have to be on board, so you can park it and use it to detect enemies approaching.
  4. Streetrip

Get it. It's terrific. It works just like the UAV in CoD and everyone on your team will love you for it. In response to your question:
    It's worth it. It reveals enemy "dots" on the minimap for all allies. It dots up stationary and moving targets. You do not need to be on board for it to work, you can just park it.

Done, next!
  5. VSMars

You don't need to be on it, but you do need to be nearby (within its "spotting range"). I have level 3 (75m radius) along with Vehicle Stealth 1 so people tend to overlook it more easily and it's awesome.
  6. AnnPerkins

just make sure you have c4 when you use it so you can "gently remind" your factions tank drivers that destroying someone else's mode of transportation for ***** and giggles can have repercussions.
    • Up x 5
  7. Mefi

You'll not regret. I also use 1lvl Stealth.

I destroy every enemy Flash ASAP because it may be one with radar.
  8. AnnPerkins

it's one of the visible upgrades. It appears as a small grey disk on the back of the flash. I have seen it on enemy flashes occasionally.
  9. Compass

It looks like a black and white frisbee. It is the same one the Magrider and ESFs get. Prowlers, Vanguards, and Lightnings get the spinning NS radar.
  10. Jac70

Yeah, I always check the enemy flashes for the dish but I rarely see them.
  11. DJPenguin

It's great because you can drive the flash in some buildings. park it in a corner when defending said building.
  12. Compass

If you want to be really sneaky, drive it up to the top floor of a building. No one checks up there but aircraft.
  13. Triskal

A fully upgraded flash tucked inside the interior hangar of an Amp Station can give you enough radar to cover almost all of the insides (just not the walls/corners). While abit useless in platoon vs platoon scenarios (there's enemies EVERYWHERE!) in squad vs squad or smaller is it incredible, especially for clearing out straggelers or infils. Be aware that it does not detect infiltraitors while they are cloaked.
  14. AnnPerkins

or park it at the top of one of the lower stairways and time it so when the red blip comes around the corner he gets a full clip of M40 fury to the face.
  15. Ash87

Also makes a nice trap. Put some C4 on a flash, and then park it with Radar behind a corner. When someone rounds the corner, blow the C4.
  16. Mefi

You need to be close to check. It visible at ~20m distance (at least with my graphic settings).
  17. DJPenguin

only bad thing with using the flash the way we're saying.. the thing's 5 minute deconstruct timer can be a real pain if you're not literally right next to it. the heat of battle will sometimes distract you long enough to either forget about the quad or make you go out of your way to hop back on it to reset the timer.
  18. Morpholine

I do it too, because this and hey, they're handing me an easy 75 xp.
  19. Tapioca Express

oh god the scout radar= map hacks. it is by far the most awesome upgrade you can get for your flash.
  20. Arkha3

I had no idea scout radar was on the flash. I'm using it now and it's amazingly useful. Lv 1 is useless and Lv 2 doesn't have much coverage with the tiny hud map size, but Lv 3 is where it shines. Lv 4 is an absolute must have goal for me now. Can it be 2x XP teim now plis?