Rabid Construction, upkeep costs and some other notes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RabidIBM, Aug 10, 2020.

1. RabidIBM

Hey folks, I'm not calling this an episode because it doesn't include a base layout. I know I haven't posted a base recently, but the project is not over. I have a couple more builds left, and even though none of them are amazing, they're still worth owning, and I'm still going to try to share them. Trouble is, being down to the last few means I need the right continent to be open and I need RN Jesus to give me the right warpgate and I need my faction to get enough of the right territories and I need to not get platoon leadership thrown at me while I'm building and I need CIK to not show up and cortium bomb spam the thing while I'm trying to wear two hats. Yeah, opportunities are few and far between. I was building on the NC front, wtf CIK?

Anyways, I do have something worth sharing. Some time back I got frustrated by not knowing which of my buildings were costing me how much upkeep, so I took the time to build behind the line, 1 building at a time, deleting 1 building before building the next, with a 2 minute timer on my phone. I went to that much trouble to prove something important to know that the game doesn't tell you, and wrote it down in a notepad file. It seems like when you copypaste notepad into this forum tabs become 8 spaces. I swear, it all lines up neatly in the notepad file.

Building Cortium per minute

Core
    Silo 90 200m minimum spacing 100m power radius
    Spawn Tube 0 200m minimum spacing

Modules
    Skywall 15
    Shield 15
    Repair 15
    AI 15 same upkeep regardless of number of turrets powered
    Reinforcement 15
    Alarm 15

Structures
    Pillbox 0
    Bunker 0
    Sundy Garage 0
    Vehicle Gate 15

Defense 0
    Blast Wall 0
    Rampart wall 0
    Defense towers 0

Tactical
    OS 240 Range 200-800m 4ish minutes to 200m, 17ish to 800m No cheaper when at max range, no cortium saved by not firing the laser. 500m minimum spacing
    Routing Spire 60 110m minimum spacing
    Pain Spire 60 50m minimum spacing
    Flail 0 600m range 150m minimum spacing
    Glaive 0 >600m range

Support
    Vehicle pad 0 cost per vehicle
    Air pad 0 cost per aircraft
    Ammo Tower 0

Now, there are still gaps here, so if anyone wants to fill them in with a reply, please do. The big one I didn't grab was whether it costs cortium to fire the flail and glaive.