R.I.P Miller

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DMan6505, Jun 1, 2013.

1. phreec

It's usually like that both during primetime and the off-hours...
  2. DMan6505

I guess that the real change has to come from within. Only if enough players will decide to abandon the server until it gets some attention, the real change will come.
    Calling for nerfs and buffs is useless, I guess other servers might have the opposite problem.
    So is giving xp bonuses to the outnumbered team. What use can I have with more xp if I'm constantly being zerged 3-1?
  3. S1eB

XP bonuses is a stupid idea, it's not a player problem and rewarding people with lesser numbers might sound good but whhat happens when you have near even nimbers but one faction just happens to have a few less? It's not fair that they should get a bonus just because of that.

This is why we need continent locking, until we get that things are just going to stay how they are. Unless they do what needs to be done and merge Woodman and Miller. With more continents and players spread over them more than they are now it will become less of a problem.
  4. Ashur

I love how people are completely ignoring the facts and just going with the "The NC and VS need to organize better"...

Look up the graph on page 2 of the thread, the TR CONSTANTLY have higher populations than both the VS and NC and it's showing. The server is bleeding VS players like mad and there are a lot less fights than there used to be. It doesn't help that we have zero faction identity, the magrider's perks got smacked with the nerfbat so much it's hardly "unique" anymore and ZOE which brought some fresh air to our maxes is going to the chopping block next because the VS mobility perk needs to be sacked every time.

But yeah, we really need that recommended tag, otherwise the server is boned.
  5. Zeewulf

Let's face it, another couple of weeks of this overpop and the server will be beyond saving. It's pretty much at that point now with people logging off as soon as they see 15%+ overpop on two out of the three cont's and the third being virtually equal. I'm a die hard NC player since PS1 and with the way the server is at the moment I just log out as there isn't any point in playing. All 3 TR cont bonuses, overpop on virtually all cont's and then some people in here saying it isn't a problem. With every alert win the TR get the void between the factions gets wider due to increased certs for the winning team. At this rate TR will only be fighting against 10% pops of VS & NC as we'll all have left to go play other games.
    • Up x 1
  6. Snib

Once they introduce Hossin mergers should seriously be considered anyway. We're not even close to filling 3 continents now, once we got 4 it'll feel even more empty. Of course the lattice is designed to concentrate the population to combat that but that won't be enough (and lattice sucks anyway). One problem will be server capacity and performance though, the current desync issues are bad enough and will only get worse with more players.

I play on Woodman where TR is the smallest faction and we have an NC overpopulation, although it has gotten a bit better and is not as bad as your current TR overpop I think. If you merged those two servers TR and NC would probably be balanced, with VS trailing a bit behind. But with 4th faction players plus a constant stream of incoming new players (hopefully) plus old players going inactive the balance is always in flux, anyway.

Tells you nothing. TR is the smallest faction on Woodman and our Esamir map looked about the same this Sunday evening (we were one hex short of locking down the continent, were camping both gates, until it got late people started logging off and the usual VS night crew took over). Except we had mostly balanced population numbers on Esamir. Quality over quantity. xD
  7. TintaBux

Still mega great organized outfits in NC/VS on Miller, its just hard going against such high populated TR zergs.
  8. DasHenne

These threads about the terrible population situation on Miller have been popping up again and again in the last months but it doesn't look like there will be a sollution to the problem any time soon.
    Playing VS (And I would imagine NC too) is getting less and less enjoyable and as a direct result to that the faction's playernumbers decrease even stronger.
    I have said this countless times before: Playing in an underdog situation can be fun for a -little-while but eventually the game becomes very frustrating when you can't really accomplish anything unless you want to play at a time where absoluely nobody is online anyway during the night.

TR being too strong is not an issue. TR ahving to much players on this particular server in relation to the other factions is a problem. Oftem times the TR has more players than both other faction's combined.
    VS players complain about not being able to accomplish anything and being hopelessly outnumbered and at least some TR players that I have talked with have told me that they enjoy the situation less and less too because often times they find themselves ghostcapping almost empty continents in their big zergs.

The poulation imbalance makes the game less enjoyable for -everyone-, not just the VS or NC (though admittedly for them it is the worst) and the situation just gets worse and worse because once people start leaving the VS or NC factions, the imbalance gets even more and more apaprent.

I really hope that SOE has noticed that these threads pop up regulary now and that there really is an issue here... though I have to admit that I would have no idea how to actually fix the situation. The only sollution I can think of is a whole bunch of TR players suddenly switching factions... and well... that is not likely just going to happen.
  9. HellasVagabond

You guys gonna love this (not the VS however).
    This was a while ago......I really don't want to read any VS whine about pop balance EVER again....This is 1 NC every 12 VS.....Ridiculous :(

[IMG]

The funny part is that they don't care, they see 2 NC and they attack in force.....Tactical superiority i think the TR call it :)
    • Up x 1
  10. DasHenne

*Eyeroll*

Yes, pull out some screenshot from during the middle of the night where a group of 10 active Vanu players is 69% area population.

If you have nothing to contribute to the issue here and only want to troll...well... nobody can stop you ;)
  11. Zamos

You didnt look at Amerish and Indar with sub 15% VS pop. And that 70% VS pop is like 70 people
  12. TintaBux

That screenshot does not show world population, and is not factual data about the population on Miller, as per earlier:

Miller actual server population:
    http://sirisian.com/planetside2/population.php?world=10&timezone=0

The screenshots below where taken during prime time 8:20pm CEST:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/r-i-p-miller.130926/

As you can see TR always has pop advantage and usually a big one during prime time. Anyone denying this is just deluded and denying reality.
    • Up x 1
  13. HellasVagabond

We had at least 7 NCs in the warpgate (so i imagine we had others around the map as well). So how does 69% count for 10 VS ?
    At the VERY least there were 7NC and 84VS....Fair ?
  14. DasHenne

You obviously don't really want to contribute to the discussion and ignore the real data that has been presneted to you. Please just refrain from posting then so that everyone else can better discuss the problem at hand.
  15. zukhov

Won't the TR pop drop when they get fed up of being constantly owned on Indar when the pops are even? Surely the 4th faction is going to think there's something wrong with the TR weapons and switch to the VS/NC?

The best way to deal with this problem is to continue to give them the good spanking that they deserve. Keep up the good work everyone!
  16. DasHenne

As fun as that kind of smacktalk is in games.... it is not really helpful in a serious discussion. The only difference bewteen Vanu and TR players is that TR players liked the colour red a little more during character creation.
  17. HellasVagabond

So the map i posted is FICTION ? As for the posting part don't even think about telling me or anyone else what to do. I've said it 100 times, these forums belong to SOE and not us so noone can ask someone else to stop posting someplace, i think it's extremely easy to figure that out.
    That you are VS and you don't like people to see that at many times a day (or even night) the VS are overpopulating at least 1 continent on Miller that's YOUR problem. So when you ask for REAL data then accept REAL data. That's all.
  18. DasHenne

You have been presenting the screenshot of a continent that has been ghostcapped at night with a population of probably less than hundred people online at that time.
    Your post is not relevant to the discussion.
  19. HellasVagabond

The discussion is about Miller and about Overpopulation. That screenshots shows OverPopulation. So how exactly is it not relevant ? Does it matter if there are 100 or 1000 people on that continent ? The result is the same for the people who are playing. And that it was taken at 2:30 in the night means nothing, the servers are online for a reason. If you want to speak only about the day i suggest asking SOE to shut servers down at night and be done with it.
  20. DasHenne

Haahh... *Facepalm.*
    Since you speak for yourself very well with that post I am not going to comment on it further. :)