R.I.P Miller

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DMan6505, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Myka

It's been said a hundred ******* times already:

MAKE MILLER THE RECOMMENDED EU SERVER FFS

VS are dying a slow, horrible death, and the once well-populated NC are also dying off. Miller needs the 'recommended server' tag for a month or two to help repopulate.
  2. Sworaven

Thanks for your constructive post. That was really helpful.
  3. GSZenith

4. S1eB

I'll just leave this here

Esamir, Sunday afternoon during an alert.....

[IMG]
  5. Jestunhi

I was playing Miller last night and had no trouble finding fights. Some of the battles in the Indar canyons where I was up on the high ground it was like viewing an army of ants spread out below me - there were no lack of allies or enemies.
  6. C0L0NELH0GAN

It's not the problem, that TR have that much character! As a poster before said, there are only 1000 extra TR chars on the server. The problem is, that NC and VS looses more and more players! Maybe it was the FOTM a time ago, switching to TR. Now due to SC/Certs investment, there is no 4th faction anymore!

What the actual problem is, that with this such inbalance of POP on Miller more NC and VS player looses the fun to the game! PS2 is a MMOFPS where sheer mass wins 95% of the time - thats not funny all the time! In a few months, TR will have to TK each other to do some kills!

Miller need a merge - nothing more to say exept, don't merge with a TR pop dominated server... Or there will be a faction change program to VS/NC where outfits can change their faction while having all their unlocks getting with them to the new faction
  7. Weirdkitten

A bit too much hyperbole about TR pop issues. It's a problem for sure, but if you're consistently getting ****** over by massive TR pop you are a) not choosing your fights well, b) you need a new outfit or c) you're playing off hours. There's still plenty of decent fights to be had, especially around primetime.
    • Up x 1
  8. Darkard

So you took a picture of an alert where the losing empires have left the continent after they got beaten.
    This shows nothing and proves nothing. Well done.
  9. S1eB

How do you know that they left? I sure don't, are you psychic?
    Also, TR gating both NC and VS should tell you something.
  10. sindz

I don't get all these TR kids in this thread?

Its a fact that miller has a TR overpop, so stuff the crap arguments "lol its not primetime, lol both empires got beat and left"

Overpop is overpop, and along with this overpop, VS and NC are leaving miller meaning TR will have an even bigger overpop.
  11. Joram

Some people like to cap empty continents
  12. sindz

What? TR has overpop on all 3 continents atm.
  13. Darkard

How do you know they didn't?
    Are you saying that the 16% VS and 22% NC is the entire population of those factions on the entire server?

Gating also shows nothing. If you showed me a screenshot of the pops when they started the alert and then stages up until the gating of each empire, then yes gating would show something. Hell, the pops could have been 33-33-33 up until 5 mins before this screenshot was taken and the NC and VS could have just been out maneuvered.

This screenshot still proves nothing.

Heres a picture of the Esamir map right now
    [IMG]

Ohhhhhh dayum! NC are Overpoped! Nurf NC pops plz!
  14. Blutreiter

Wrong. I have a similar picture that was just 1 hour into the alert. What you are implying is that this picture was taken at the end of the alert... but it actually looked exactly like this for the hour that I spent at the VS Warpgate getting pounded by squads and platoons of tanks and mosquitos.

If you cannot get out of the warpgate because you cannot even get enough resources to counter the massive vehicle zerg on your front lawn, you're most likely not having a fun time.
  15. Blutreiter

This comment also is as inane as pointless. The imbalance we are talking about was about middle of the day on a weekend during an alert, not about a half deserted continent afterwards when the zerg went home.
    • Up x 1
  16. Arch

And just what would like the TR player base to do about it, not play?

Some of us TR players have been loyal to the TR for 10 years. I bleed red and black, I've been with them through thick and thin, and I'm not going to jump ship like a 4th factioner. The problem has been caused by the decision SOE took to allow characters from multiple factions on the same server, and so some people jump from faction to faction depending on who is FOTM, or who is winning at any given time.

Me, I'm TR and I'm staying TR. Win or lose, dominating or under populated, I refuse to change sides to gain certs on characters I'll never use.

We need Miller to be the prefered server to increase our player base, but in my opinion we also need a restriction on faction hopping 4th factioners.
    • Up x 1
  17. Qaz

look, here's the pop graph. make your own conclusions .... http://sirisian.com/planetside2/population.php?world=10&timezone=0

personally ... i just logged again. 22% vs and 42% tr. that's almost twice as many tr on the server as vs, and i don't see a point in playing (as do many other vs, apparently). if you enjoy this, feel free to continue with the 'hurr-durr, no we're not overpopped and there's no problem' stuff.

nah, but there's a lot of posturing going on here and people pretend all is fine. it's not, and it'd be nice for the tr not to be complete ***** about this. at this point, a merge with woodman or the preferred server thing are the only options i see.

also, capping indar at 4 am was a ****** move, as is invalidating any prime cap the nc or vs get. i.e., we cap esa/am during prime, and when we log again the next day, all continents are red once again. stuff like this frustrates people.
  18. Blutreiter

This is already beyond 4th factioners. Also get off your high horse please. I was a dedicated TR player in PS1 and I also play VS in PS2 because they have the lowest population.
  19. Procellus

I think you're missing the point. The TR is able to keep a respectable population on all 3 continents at any time, whereas the other two factions have to pick one and stick with it. That's a problem.
  20. Weirdkitten

Yes, we have a TR overpop issue, I think everyone knows that by now. Blaming TR players for it is not only wrong, it also does nothing to help the situation. Only SOE can help this.