R.I.P Miller

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DMan6505, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Rhaeyn

• Up x 2
  2. Heero

TR overpopulated or NC/VS underpopulated?

Miller has never been on the 'Recommended Server' tab... until that happens the gaps between the factions aren't going to be filled.
    • Up x 1
  3. DMan6505

Please don't make this thread about the pop imbalance on Miller, this is not what I had in mind when I opened this thread.
    I just wanted to show my concern about the dwindling number of players on Miller.
  4. Marinealver

More reason why we need a resource upkeep system to counterbalance over pop.

Upkeep works like this. If you got a fair population of 100 or more total (all empires) then the upkeep system will start.

those with less than 30% will have no upkeep therefore get full amount of resources. Those with the good population of 30 to 50% would get a low upkeep and only loose about 15% of resources.

Those with a dominating population of over 50% will get a high upkeep and loose half their resource to upkeep every tick to represent half of the resources going into logistic management.
  5. NewSith

Well, I for one like it... Those staying are usually people knowing stuff about the game and not just pure newbs.

For example - while I was on VS on Indar today, some guy took over the command and order chat, and we actually managed to conquer 58% of the territory with only 25-30% pop.
    There were at least two hexes with 48+ players. Not to mention that this whole gig ended up with an alert on Indar. Which IMO ruined it all.

P.S. ..and we were heading straight for the TR warpgate.
  6. IronWarrior

You haven't even been close to the Warpgate today, you got as far as the Bio Lab but couldn't take it. NC on the other hand wear doing well until they got told, no go away.
  7. NewSith

LOL, yeah, sure...

The fact that TR were being farmed from the Crater Firing Range tells otherwise.
  8. DMan6505

Didn't we all start as noobs at this game? Scaring away new people while advertising Miller as a "hardcore" server is why we have so little numbers.
  9. Goretzu

The two are more than slightly related though.

Certainly total pop is declining because of lack of new players, but then TR overpopulation is likely adding to that decline too.
  10. RonnieBoy

And I've seen the VS on Waterson have the highest world population recently and the NC have the lowest population, so your point is? Show me on this graph http://sirisian.com/planetside2/population.php?world=18&timezone=0&allfactions=false where TR has had a sustained 60% world pop or even 50%. I've seen the population spike for a little while but never sustain the severe imbalance people keep harping on about. If there's an alert a faction is going to dominate, you can be sure there'll be a spike in numbers as people log their alts for the cert-rush! There are also spikes and dips in numbers after people cap/neutralise/lose a continent or when an alert is won/lost as people will use that as a natural point to log off of their play session.

If you look at Miller's population graphs you can clearly see their TR population imbalance is far worse than Waterson has ever been. It seems like it's 24/7 TR with the highest world population.
  11. HellasVagabond

Like i've said on other threads on Miller most of the times the TR are well above 50% total pop while on Esamir they are even more than 60%. And i can handle it if we are 30% and the TR are 60% but usually it's like 13% NC and 60%+ TR.....

As for the population problem in general a simple solution exists. Merge servers.
  12. NewSith

Good Game Changes + Advertising > Merging

Tempo the devs set for the changes will most certainly NOT help the game population. However, I want to point out, that I don't see much of that "population decline problem" on Miller.

As a final note:
    Russian Closed Beta of PlanetSide 2 is spinning up, so some notable amount of the russianside left the server.
    ...and the summer is starting, much of the playerbase has exams and stuff.
  13. Fumblewatt

RIP indeed
  14. zukhov

Thank god the TR on Miller don't seem to know what they are doing.

They need the numbers, give them a break.
    • Up x 2
  15. MrK

You mean, TR telling NC "no go away" by zerging directly in the heart of NC territory and having multiple 48+ forces cut off into it while we got around ?
    Indeed we got away. North. I just logged off, I had to turn sharp south in my reaver to avoid crashing into your WG while supporting my people ;)
    • Up x 1
  16. asmodraxus

Ok possible ways to fix over pop

+/- Experience bonus negative on the over populated and positive on the under populated ie 10% xp bonus for each % point over 2% difference
    +/- Resource gain same as above
    Dynamic vehicle timers so no pop difference (or within 2%) no change, over populated empires timers increase, under populated decrease.

Maybe with a combination of the above it might encourage less 4th factionism coupled with timers to stop people stopping so over populated faction has a 4 hour timer etc etc
  17. Dinapuff

Just stay on indar. 600 pop max and TR can't organize when numbers are even because they cant control who gets on the continent and who is left out.
  18. Zamos

Miller is dead on Indar , Amerish and Esamir are empty need more cosmetics
  19. zukhov

I've been having more fun on Miller in the last week than I have in a long time. Certainly been having more proper battles now than ever. A lot of old friends have come back as well so hip hooray for me.
  20. VanuSmile

Striker+Fracture+Mosquito+Prowler
    =
    [IMG]
    :)

Terran the OP faction