quick question regarding connection to us/eu

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by daddy86, Mar 27, 2013.

1. daddy86

im european but have a sony account for a long time allready, i read some topics about how sony accounts connect to the US as where prosieben accounts connect to the eu.

Now i play on the eu server obviously but with a sony account not a prosieben because i think they suck, now my question is;

Does this mean that my connection goes through the US and from there back to europe or is that only for account login or is it different alltogether?
  2. WambOO

afaik having a soe or psg account only matters for the log-in server. the game servers are the same.
    i have a soe and psg account and except for the launcher there seems to be no difference :)
    • Up x 1
  3. Jupil@ire

It's only for the account login.
    Even Station Cash goes through Europe with an US account, as there isn't any $ to € conversion.

Your characters are based on the European servers you created them on.

I think you need to consider it more like planetside.com accounts are international or global, not only US,
    and Sevengames accounts only EU.

Anyway from my point of view, this is more of a marketing choice then a technical choice.
    It must be something like this :
    Prosieben, as well as their partners (TF1 in France for example) get to make free or low billed advertisement for SOE's game in Europe, and in exchange they get to propose a high quality game to promote their own Free to play games plateform (Sevengames).
    Plus they must get some percentage of the Seven Cash, that is being bought.

I'm mostly speculating, but this would be an usual commercial logic.

ProesiebenSat1 and TF1 are very popular channels, with a lot of entertainment in their program. Developing the services of their websites (like on-demand video or games) has been one of their major goal in the latest years.
    Working together, was a very smart move for both sides. Except that Sevengames sucks at handling the accounts of European players ^^.
    • Up x 1
  4. daddy86

o i just needed to be sure thank you.