Quick Note on Optimization

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by codeForge, Nov 21, 2012.

1. tatsutai

I play this game with a 4-5 years old Multimedia-Tower, i got multiple issues with Hardware Components like Sector Failures on my HDDs and overheating Graphicards, but last but not least Planetside stays at 25-30 FPS, except the typical Frame Drops most Player knows best. So, this game is more better then a lot of BuyToPlay titles i tried to play. So respect to the Planetside 2 Progammers and i cant agree to players which say they cant play with they're old Computers. If you get the Minimum System Requirements you CAN play this game allready normal!

That's my personal experience with the game and i think thats allready a very good optimization at my example and it shows that players with older Computers CAN play the Game too.

Acer Aspire M3400

AMD Athlon™ II X4 Prozessor
    6GB RAM
    AMD Radeon HD 6450
    Win7 64bit

I hope you understand my point of view and understand what i mean, there cant be more then your hardware can support and if the game is lagging there is absolutly no problem with Planetside 2. It works fine if you get the Requirements.
    • Up x 1
  2. Lord_Mogul

I had a nice run gunning on a Galaxy yesterday, so aircraft movent as such is fine.
    And about that 5-8 sec hitching: That sounds like loading issues, When you are entering a new region, some files have to be loaded. If the hard drive is old, slow or used by other background programs, there can be soem hitching. (Thats the reason I have installed the game on my SSD, Loading times when changing continents dropped from around 15 secs to ~3 secs)

Try OCing the Core 2, they have nice headroom!
    (I had a E4600 running @ 3 GHz, Q6600 running @ 3,2 GHz, E8400 running @ 4,14 GHz)

It all depends on what players expect. What kind of gameplay they enjoy (300+ zergfests vs lone wolf sniping vs fast aircraft strikes) What performance they want (some may be pleased with 30 fps, others see and feel the difference beetwen 60 and 120 (I definetly need above 40 FPs in first person shooters or racing games)) And on which settings they play.
  3. idisir1

4. Mistertrotts

battlefield 2142.
  5. Jezs

Limited to 64 players, just like every batulfield game
  6. tibor3003

if u are telling optimizatiion is coming then why launch an update that makes all very low players have to use medium graphics so they only have 10 to 20 fps. ur just lieing straight to our faces and ur completly deceiving us. we also have a test server why launch an update so filled with bugs grenades go trough spawnroom shield and doors and walls and so on. this is completely rediculous and i dont get why u want to lock out all the low-end players.
  7. Cptjav1X

For some reason some low graphics settings are showing as medium o:
  8. MasterOfChaos

Where is the FPS counter? It does not work. When I press ALT + F or ALT + F G I use only special ability (ammo, shield, ...)
  9. LordComandante

Optimization ,optimization, optimization, optimization, optimization, optimization. LOL. What the **** is this?:
    , , this fix doesnt work for me :/

Any fix since xx/March/2014{(lol) 1 year+}?. This is still happening, it does unplayable.
    And SOE/DAYBREAK says: "Unconfirmed bugs"; https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/PS-563. xDD

if you have the issue, go to https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/PS-563 and vote for the fix! thx.

Maybe we have to wait one year more , and we´ll have the fix or not. who knows with soe/daybreak....this guys
    Good job.
  10. cobaltlightning

The FPS counter is a chat command: /showfps

Alternatively, you can play the game on Steam, which also has an FPS counter on its in-game overlay, and is found under settings>in-game
  11. Echo_450

THIS UPDATE THIS UPDATE THATS IT i could play normaly before this update but for some reason since this update even when geting 30 fps my mouse doesnt respond instantly as it used to, i can feel that there is a delay, whatever you did i simply cant play this game no more i just cant >.< whats the point of playing a fps if i cant hit anything( and im so good a ps2 ;.; ) to be good at ps2 again i need 60 -70 fps, and to achieve that i need to turn EVERYTHING as low as posible and ps2 looks just too ugly to play( im talkng abaut minimum setings with 50% render smalest posible resolution and render distance)

So here is the point of this post Developers of Planetside 2 i beg you just doo everything you posibly can and OPTIMIZE PS2 if you cant becuz you ar buzy with the next update meetings or stuff like that JUST STOP OR DROP EM fixing / optimizing the game
    Is your nr 1 priority in my opinion

Pleaze fix the game that i love so i can play it again
    • Up x 1
  12. Drzewo

that's strange. after last update my performance skyrocket.
    • Up x 1
  13. Lord_Mogul

I don't know if it was the latest patch or my recent driver update, but today i noticed way higher CPU utilization (around 85% instead of the usual 50-60%) and the in-game FPS counter told me I was gpu bound.

I still managed solid framerate (almost always above 50 fps) but it still wonders me why 80% on ther GPU is "full load so that it limits"
  14. Sir Alonne

A nice post indeed. It's good to know that you guys are working on it though :D . Many people start to assume if you guys are quiet for some reason.

As for optimization it has indeed come a very long way so I express my gratitude for that.

Note: Since we are all posting specs I feel the need to post mine XD.

Specs:
    Intel Xeon W3530 3 Ghz 4 core
    24 Gigs HyperX Beast Ram
    2 GTX 980's
    Seagate 2 Tb SSHD
    Samsung 850 EVO 500 Gb

Not a bad machine the CPU might need an upgrade sooner rather than later though.
    • Up x 1
  15. maximusbigamus

you're not alone..
  16. Lord_Mogul

Yeah I was running a Q6600 clocked at 3,2 GHz and a HD 4870 until last summer. I know that feeling. I wonder how that machine would perform after the latest patches.
  17. NinjaEarnBikes

I don't get all these people crying about optimization. You're never going to get perfect screen-sniper graphical clarity on this game with big 96+v96+ battles, no matter what sort of beast rig you are using.

I get 30-55 on a 2-year old Asus G750 Laptop with the game installed on a mechanical drive. I don't have the power of desktop gpus and 4+ ghz cpus, nor am I leveraging the benefits of a SSD.

Now maybe its because tweaked low graphical settings let me see infils clear as day (so why bother ultra?), and as a result my system is trying to do less than everyone else, but I don't understand how my p.o.s. laptop is giving me better averages than some players here with gaming level desktops.
  18. Echo_450

wait would updating drivers help my fps in PS 2 ? last time my drivers got updated was like 4 years ago..
  19. Pointyguide2

it sure would bring a pretty large increase.
    your mileage may vary
    • Up x 1
  20. Echo_450

i don't know if the devs did some optimizing or if all the stuff i did improved my performance(defraging,reinstalling ps2 getting a game booster) but for reazons not entearly known i can play ps 2 a game i love once more and this makes me happy