Quick Note on Optimization

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by codeForge, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Jumpy-B-L

I am not a programmer by any means but I would imagine it will be very difficult to improve parallelism without breaking a lot of features, given the engine's maturity.
  2. ImNotDrunk

The thing that bothers me the most about this is. This was a known issue in the beta that was never fixed. Why release a f2p game that you depend on at lease %30 of player to spend with problems like this? For me if I don't lose interest i won't spend a dime with problems like this so hopefully you guys release updates very soon. Here where the serious problems is... Where the hell did the developers get the recommended system specs from? Normally you have to test the game and make sure it runs on those specs right? well my PC very much meets it and my fps drops to the low 20's. I know this may be kinda harsh but it wasn't like this was a recent problem. Go on YouTube and watch videos of people who played in the beta and tell me if they don't bring this problem up. hopefully players will be compensated for their patience. Regardless of what i just say this game has allot of potential just very frustrated with it right now. Tire of dying cause of my game turns into a slideshow. lol
    • Up x 2
  3. Hatamoto

Its strange that soe hasnt taken any pointers from blizzard ... Release when done.. More money back in the end
  4. ImNotDrunk

Pretty sure this is something that should be standard with any MMO lol. I understand the difficulty of making a game like this but if you decide to make a game like this really no excuse why it shouldn't be playable...
    • Up x 1
  5. Hatamoto

Pretty sure about that too, the suits are however clueless
  6. donpost

Just got around to playing the release version. It runs WORSE than the beta did :eek: There's a looooooooong way to go before I'll be parting with any of my hard earned at the SonyStore or whatever it's called.
  7. nukularZ

I'd hope this is the number one priority. I think if the game is not fully (or close to it) optimized within 6 months, it risks long-term interest. Right now, PS2 is in the spot light, and it will be for some time to come.

The gameplay is pretty solid my machine. If users with 2-3 year old machines can experience what I currently experience on my overclocked 2700K (running maybe only 35% utilization total) and GTX 680 (spiking up and down around 70%), then I have no doubt that this will be a very, very successful game for years to come.

I've tried this game out on my brother's Q6600 + HD 6850, and the lagfest that occurs during large battles is an absolute immersion killer. It causes a complete break of focus and ends only with frustration.
  8. Morat

Horrific! The client was OK - you could see people around you (once the textures had loaded) but the server was lagged out so much it took minutes to activate modules. Interestingly the reason it was lagged out was the way that each grid was run on a single thread because CCP hadn't (probably still haven't) figured out how to multithread the interaction between hundreds of players in the same location.
    hmmm. this is starting to sound familiar :)
  9. nitram1000

I just don't understand how the beta that lasted over 3 months I saw basically no improvement in my frame rate. If you guys have absolutely no intention if improving the frame rate I would prefer to know now, because as it stands with the current performance I can't see my self playing this game for much longer.

I have already cancelled my sub as I can't see myself playing after this month because of the slow motion infantry battles. You need to make optimization your NUMBER ONE PRIORITY NOW. If you don't, it will cost you money. You've already lost a potential $180 off from me in subscription fees because of this piss poor performance.
  10. UnsaidME

When I'm not in large firefights I get a smooth 60 fps vsynced, but as soon as the action gets heavy and there are a lot of people shooting, I can go from 25 to 60 in large firefights. Most of the time, I tend to hang out in the 40s though.

The thing that gets me the most, is the frame rate is so smooth around 60, but in large firefights in the 40s, the frame rate can get super hitchy. For me that's unplayable. I mean 40s isn't bad, it's just the hitchyness. I don't know, maybe it is nvidia's drivers. I'm running the lastest beta. I tried to get over it, but it's hard on my eyes.

I would like to spend money on this game, so I hope it gets fixed. I'm running a i7 3770 ivy bridge stock, with two GTX 670s in sli stock. I really like this game and the graphics.

Long live PC gaming!
  11. l3lak3

When can we expect an optimization patch!?!?!
    this game is amazing, please, i must kno :O

Im currently running the recommended specs and 20fps just isnt cutting the cake.
  12. fonetica

i stopped kidding myself to think that there`s any optimization on the way. if I play with 20fps now there is no way I will every be able to play with 40 or even 60fps in the future without overhauling my rig, just because they "optimize" their product softwareside.

they know about this performance issues, with almost every configuration one can think of (amd, nvidia, intel), for almost 4 months atleast now and weren`t able to do anything great to speak of. even though they said they`d keep trying which is of course a good thing.

the game is just poorly designed in terms of resource managment and thats not something that can be ironed out easily, they would probably have to start engineering from scratch again to achieve any major improvements and this will not happen.
  13. SGP

I have a QX6800, and this did not help. I still get single figure FPS!
  14. Exchequer

A start might be the game design because because with 51325 KB this game's .exe file is one of the largest I have ever seen (!). For example Bf3 is 32245, Gw2 21706 End of Nation 23643.
  15. Selloh

Well the Optimization/Performance is at the moment the only thing that annoys me extremely and brings me to shut down the game...
    Everything is fine if there is no big battle... If it is,my fps drops from 50-60fps(adaptive vsync.. i hate tearing ;) ) to 30fps sometimes under 30fps or sometimes i'll get a slideshow..
    My PC isn't bad at all in my opinion.
    CPU: i7 950@ 4,2ghz
    GPU: GTX580 @ 900/1800/2100
    12GB ram
    and Planetside is installed on a SSD.

I really hope some patches will coming soon :(
  16. Hatamoto

So how about a quick word on how optimization is going? I went to Miller just now to try it out, and fps is just rediculous in heavy combat ... there is no way i can enjoy the game like this. When can we expect to play the way it was meant to be played?
  17. Iceuhk

Thank you so much for your post. I know you guys will always be working on optimizing and, the work you have done is leaps and bounds from tech test. So again thank you.

QUESTION:
    For say YOUR rig in particular , do you think that getting YOUR rig to 60 fps in a fight is gonna be likely down the road? Is that even physically possible with all the information and things going through. Is it a reasonable expectation? Do you guys have your standards set that the rigs that meet the " Recommended" build should be 60 fps?
    Like i said, I KNOW its gonna be a while, and you guys have alot of work ahead of you guys, im just curious as to what your overall goal / standards are.
  18. EDGARRUS

i have some problem:
    The game at startup crashes to desktop.

ATLON 5200 2х, 2г RAM, ATI 6750, хр 3sp
  19. Hatamoto

what the ..
  20. Zythep

Probarbly due to you having a terrible setup for this game... the CPU would be the one killing it the most it seems