Questions about PS2 on Win10. [Performance]

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Klondor, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Klondor

I recently switched to windows 10, and have noticed a significant performance decrease, compared to running it on Windows 7 (Ultimate).

MY PC Specs:
    Processor: AMD Phenom II - clocked at 4.0ghz.
    RAM: 16gb - clocked at 1600mhz.
    GPU: AMD R7 370 Overclocked Edition. (GPU clocked at 1030mhz - Memory clocked at 1400mhz.)
    • Latest drivers (including Radeon Crimson) have been installed.
    (probably not as important, but 700watt power supply, 250gb HDD, 3TB HDD <-- ps2 is not installed on this, for it is slower)
    In game settings are on High with the exception of the following settings
    • Shadows - Low.
    • Particles - Medium
    • Effects - Medium

(probably not as important, but 700watt power supply, 250gb HDD, 3TB HDD <-- ps2 is not installed on this, for it is slower)
    So onto the question: Has anyone else had a sudden performance drop when playing PS2 on Windows 10? Compared to windows 7, the game used to utilize my GPU more than my CPU, but now whenever i'm facing a decently sized battle, my FPS tanks by at least 35 FPS (sometimes more) going from 60~50, to around 18~26 and i immediately become CPU locked.

So far i've tried unparking CPU cores, lowering all graphic settings, reinstalling all my graphics drivers, reinstalling the game, etc so on, to no avail.
    Anyone have some potential solutions? Anything that i could try that would benefit me would be greatly appreciated.
  2. TomoB

Have you found any solutions to your problem? Same here, even in small fights fps is around 30 and game feels sluggish after upgrading to Win10, game is practically unplayable now for me. I thought that it was because I did upgrade from Win7 to 10 and did full Win10 reset (equals clean install) but it made no difference. Drivers all the latest and I don't really know what do try next. CPU seem to be fully utilized but still game is CPU limited but with Win7 fps was much better.
  3. Scr1nRusher

Disable GameDVR
  4. ButterNutts

I didn't get a performance dump after my PC did an automatic Win10 update after I kept repeatedly saying "No" to the upgrade as I was using Win7.
  5. TomoB

I already uninstalled Xbox app, I assume that video capturing thingy was disabled by doing that?
  6. Graubeorn

If you are using fullscreen, try using windowed fullscreen instead. I don't have a clue why this increases fps and removes lag (especially "stuttering"), but on some computers it does have a huge effect (it did on mine).