[Vehicle] (Question) What resist category are Hornets in?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alarox, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Alarox

I can't seem to find it.

The wiki doesn't have it listed and the last data dump I found doesn't have it either (the one the wiki was updated with apparently).
  2. FateJH

Yeah, there's always been a bit of data in the Resistance Table (not listed on the page) that isn't known yet. The best bet is to run a few tests in VR, and then manually figure out the multplier.
    ... where bDAM is base damage of the Hornets, dR is directional armor resistance, tR is damage type resistance, R is a damage percentage listed on the tables, n is the damage inflicted by an unrelated weapon that has known resistance and damage values that is allowed to gradually finish off the Vehicle once it is burning, and d is the amount of damage dealt that will be equal to or slightly greater than the target Vehicles HP. n must be perfectly calculable and must not deliver too much damage per shot, but also must not be slow enough that burning damage skews the numbers that much. We are looking for the value of DAM - calculated damage of the Hornets against a target from a certain direction, if applicable - in the second formula to plug back into the first formula to find tR.

An ideal test would have needed only the Hornets to deal exactly 100% damage to the target so that we wouldn't need n. Personally, I've always just assumed all ESF missiles obey Rocket Pods resistance rules, but I wouldn't discount Anti-Vehicle MANA Turret or Medium Anti-Armor Ordnance for Hornets.
  3. Alarox

I usually do that to confirm the wiki's reliability. I'm just hoping someone will know so I don't have to do it in the morning.
  4. Leftconsin

I just did a quick test and hits to kill a Sunderer, ESF, and MBT. Hornets are conforming to expectations if they are Rocket Pod type. Twelve hits should reduce a Sunderer to 40 hit points = 1% health, which it seems to do.