[question] shield defuser with other vehicles

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by siiix, Apr 26, 2013.

1. siiix

IF you use a shield defuser surrender (or buggy in the future), can other vehicles enter trough the shield with you?

i mean it does say defured for 14 seconds.. would that not be the point of extending/upgrading the time of the defuser ?!

anyone tried this ?
  2. Quovatis

No, it's only your vehicle. Shield diffuser used to have more use before they nerfed the tech plant layout. I saw one use it yesterday, but that was the first time in months.

The only use is poking in, getting some kills and getting out. One trick is if you stay straddling the shield, you can still get out even when the diffuser wears off, so there isn't much point in maxing it out. I don't think you have enough time to drive from shield to shield in an amp station even maxed, for example.
  3. Morpholine

Yep. The shield diffuser on a Sundy was a great way to "bridge" tech plant shields back when they were hard to take. Infantry could enter the vehicle from outside, and exit on the inside (if it straddled the shield). Even if all that was done was shield-crashing, a full Sunderer was often enough to severely cripple or break a defense.

Since then, there's little to no point in equipping the shield diffuser, any more.
  4. MrGurrenLemfox

Well the Reason shield diffuser is not widely use anymore cause, Sundy can't really do much other than become AMS as such Shield diffuser and AMS on one utility it become more redundant to use it. So people should really be looking forward of more shield diffusing Buggy in future cause that thing is stronger than lightning for the most part and it is gonna be fun.
  5. Frosty The Pyro

furys and bulldogs are both potent anti infantry weapons as well as passable anti armor, and bringing 12 people into where the deffenders didnt think you could reach is also a boon, as it can let you quickly destroy the enemies AMS parked within their sheilds. The thing is that bypassing sheilds has become far less important as the sheilds can be disabled from the outside now.
  6. siiix

wow thats ridiculous then, why would anyone upgrade the shield defuser ?! who cares if its 8 or 14 seconds.. it could be just 3 seconds from what i care, you go trough the shield, anything after that is a waste of time

thanks for the info
  7. Fenrisk

Pointless using shield disrupter sunderers anymore ^^^^

They just removed the ability to take down the SCU shields without spending 10mins on the cap point first.
  8. siiix

well the surrender i would not bother my self , that is pointless, but the harracer is kinda cool with shield defuser , especially if your in a fleet of 50 of them ;) you could over run an AMP station in half the time, even less, you dont even need a single tank, just push right trough both shields and go for the cap point

150 medics , engineers and maxes in harracers ... an unbeatable crew ... blitz-cap ;)
  9. Fenrisk

I am rather annoyed as it removes another tactic from the play book. Small outfits have certed into Shield disrupter sunderers to pull off take and hold operations in tech plants but it does require taking down the SCU fast.

It sounds like the devs just want everything to be about zerging spawn rooms.
  10. siiix

small platoons / group of few random people / single vehicles and lone wolfs should not have any chance in this game , unless the base is empty

this is a team play game , its all about LARGE battles, if i want small combat i play BF3, BF3 has better grafix, better physics, and for most people its way cheaper (as low as $5) .. the ONLY reason to play this game instead is the large scale
  11. RHINO_Mk.II

Even with level 1 diffusor, it's possible to get from the outer wall shield through to the inner bay shield if you approach from the right entrance, moving top speed, and pop your diffusor at the last second.
  12. Fenrisk

If two full squads can hold the A point in a tech plant from the enemy when they come storming in then what exactly is wrong with that?

Is your idea of large battles spamming the spawn rooms with fire? That's exactly what every base attack has come down too. Being able to take the SCU down by using tactics such as a shield disrupter prevents the repetitive spawn camp that is base taking.
  13. siiix

well how else would you win , its necessary to spray the spawn room once you pushed back the enemy to the spawn room , if you do not they might over run you again , there is no way around this in this game.. except the few bases with SCU's

"spamming the spawn rooms with fire" is not the goal, its simply necessary to be able to win.. i dont like it, but there is no way around that.. WHEN the spawn room is spammed with fire the battle is already won, thats the boring part, when we just wait around for the cap to turn...

BUT its also not an idea to battle for hours at the same location , and no one is winning.. then its just a frag fest .. the exciting large battles dont last for hours, there is a BANG and one side wins, and we move on