Question - how evade one shoot kills?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Smeh, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Smeh

I`m Engeneer. And I really tired from headshot when I running, zipping, crouching and jumping in same time. Is any tips for me and my class to be more survivable on battlefield. I dont mind be 2 shoot killed. In this case - I have chance to evade. But one shoot kills....
    Pls dont troll this post. I really have such problem and I be quick, evaded from other classes, but V10 is my quick and sad death (about 70 procents of all my deaths).
    Btw, V10 dont have trace lead. So I never see shoot even if I look direct on sniper and see him perfectly.
  2. deusex2

Dude, you literally need to move, that's it. Not even V10 can headshot a moving target over a long range.
  3. NordicTiger27

Use cover. If his bullet/laser has to go through something, you win.
  4. FullDread

5. TribbleFluffer

it MIGHT be a hacker. i stumbled across a site called [Censored by Poster] or something they where selling a hacking modual for the game that guaranteed headshots. if it isnt, then its likely a very skilled sniper, ive goten one or 2 headshots with my infiltrator purely on luck when aiming for the chest.
  6. Incarnadine

Headshots on a mobile target are VERY infrequent... Semi auto and auto guns manage it better through chance, but in general you will only get headshot while stationary, even side to side will make it less often as the sniper will likely pass you up for a stationary target
  7. NoClipMyst

Cover. If you are out in the open you are going to be at least spotted. But a bullet can't pass trough stuff.

@TribbleFluffer Your siggie made me laugh.
  8. Mansen

By not standing in the open drooling. You are never going to avoid getting one shotted ever - this goes for snipers, liberators, tanks and god knows what else.
  9. hsal9

Be careful when using turret, its basically same as saying "im here, headshot me please". Other than that, avoid standing still as much as possible, running in predictable patterns and generally rushing towards snipers nest unless you are really close.
  10. AshOck

Stay in the warpgate.
    • Up x 1
  11. Smeh

Thnx for answers. Good suggestions.
    But can you explain as snipers about moving tactics and turret.
    Sorry for my bad English. I try explain what I want hear.
    I always runing, alwas duck, using cover, but headshoted( So maybe it some secrets when V10 or similar weapons shooting be most difficult for sniper. As example. What better moving paralleled to sniper pozition or moving from/out it. Or what better duck/stand, or jump/stand while runing from it? And so on. It not really "do it as I say". It little imagine situation as "what can I do in this situation if not I snipe target, but me I target". From sniping expirience.
    And second question about tarret position. turret has open slot in middle up. So if I moving direct up - my turret shild get angle and loose a little area where I can be headshoted. Did it right or it just mistake? Or better move tarret from left or right - this again decrease area for headshot? How you think.
    PS I try play inf - but sniping is not for me. I dont have much patience and very bad 1 shoot try. I much better in supply deploy, fix all around and VERY love turrets and mass fire cover. Especial max destroying using it. So I cant realy try as sniper and get good play expiriense as infiltrator.
    PSS btw any really good camo that make sniping more difficult? or sniper operate more on target markers?
  12. Soylent

Obviously the best camo is one that matches the environment, but really, it doesn't matter. Players stand out a lot even with perfect camo. As for how to run, just keep it unpredictable. Getting a head shot on a moving target is no small feat.
  13. Karnehan

I was told that you can cert into an armor cert (forgot the name, but it increases HP) up to about level 3ish, and it should prevent death even from a bolt-action shot to the head. I haven't tried this myself, but it might just work.
  14. NoClipMyst

NanoWeave I think? If level 3 makes you un-1-shot-able that might be unfair to the snipers, as it is not easy to get a HS on a mobile target.
  15. Karnehan

I should have mentioned I was also told about this in the last month of beta. I don't recall if the old Nanoweave was any different (I think it increased shields instead of hp?) but it's worth testing if one-shot kills are really bogging you down. You may have to go farther than level 3, can't say for sure.
  16. NoClipMyst

Myth buster time.
  17. Karnehan

Lol definitely.
  18. RobotNinja

Good lord...Don't tell the newbs that because then they'll start thinking everyone who kills them is a hacker...that is if they don't already.
  19. Infinity24k

I´ve played the Beta and have some expierence as the sniper but I can tell that it is farely hard to headshot a running target especially over a long distance. Whenever I try to take down a target you have to obey a) the bullet drop over distance so aim higher and b) the travel time of the bullet so you have to aim abit ahead of the target and this in combination is really hard to manage.
    I think from all kills I had there were maybe 5-10 kills with headshot on a running target. And they were all more luck than everything else. There was one kill I think I was more astonished by the hit then my killed enemy :)

What you can do: Pretty much like the others already mentioned, just keep running. And even if you want to run to a base dont run a straight line but just turn to the side and then run 45° left for a few seconds and then right again and so on. With this technique it will be very hard to predict your position and everyone will think you´re drunk.
  20. Hadrian

never stop moving