Question does flinching happen when sheilded

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by the pestimist, Mar 7, 2013.

1. the pestimist

if so here is my suggestion make your shield absorb all the flinch but when you get to health flinch applies this would buff nc or be a screw-up I don't know.
  2. Munglord

Well it would make sence, why would I be flinching from being hurt if I was taking damage yet :)
  3. Aegie

I think this is because you are not flinching from being hurt but rather flinching from absorbing the kinetic energy of the projectile on impact. Of course, with futuristic energy shields I suppose you could make the argument that the shield is specifically designed to distribute the impact- still, I think a certain amount of flinch can be helpful in that it alerts you that you are taking damage. Also, if they tied flinch to shield it would give HA yet another advantage.
  4. FateJH

The red circle does that already, and even gives you general direction; however, I don't disapprove of the personal shield providing minor flinch jerk to indicate "being riddled."