question about vehicles auto spot.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ghost001985, Oct 7, 2014.

1. ghost001985

i know that all get vehicles auto spotted, unless they have stealth. my question is, is there a max range for this? ie. if im setting at 250 meters away from a group of enemy players, with out stealth equiped, well there be a marker over my vehicle, or my vehicle on they mini-map?
  2. gigastar

There is a max range for it, and it does vary by vehicle.

The only thing i cant tell you is what the ranges actually are.
  3. Demetrios

Roughly 100 meters for MBTs and Lightnings, less for Harassers/Flashes.
  4. \m/SLAYER\m/

i believe its 100m because each level of stealth reduce 25m. but must keep in mind, that default implant auto-spot vehicles nearby
  5. cruczi

The default implant is Enhanced Targeting, it does not auto-spot anything.

http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Implants
    • Up x 2
  6. \m/SLAYER\m/

well, all i know is:

7. cruczi

Right... Enemy vehicles nearby count as spotted for you, in that you can see their icon in your HUD, but as soon as you move away from that range, they're no longer spotted. An auto-spotted enemy would remain spotted for the duration of Q-spot, and it would be spotted not just for you, but your whole faction.
    • Up x 1
  8. cruczi

No, vehicles show up on minimap for anyone within 100 meters, unless running stealth. They are not auto-spotted, you can't see them in your HUD nor can you relay the information to your team's minimap. For Enhanced Targeting implant users, they are visible both in the minimap and in the HUD according to the detection range, but again you can't relay that information to your team without Q-spotting them.

Auto-spotting would be possible with Marker and Awareness implants (same function as Q-spotting).
    • Up x 1
  9. Axehilt

Seems like some terminology clarification would help:
    • Spotting only happens when you hit Q, or using the Spotter or Awareness implants (spotter spots who you damage, awareness spots those who damage you.) It puts the "dorito" above the enemy's head and shows their facing on the minimap for a few seconds.
    • Minimap detection comes from vehicle proximity, audio proximity (people firing near you), and also darts, sensors, or spotting. Only spotted enemies have the dorito or vehicle icon above them, and this doesn't appear for the other forms of minimap detection.
    • Up x 1
  10. \m/SLAYER\m/

well, i thought teammates will see it too:confused:
  11. Yeahy

Full stealth for any vehicle will negate any and all auto spotting, including radar.
    As for stock auto spot ranges, I dunno.