Question about the MSW-R

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by FieldMarshall, Jul 27, 2015.

1. FieldMarshall

Im trying to settle on 5 LMGs to aurax, and i was thinking of the MSW-R.
    I looked at the stats of both the NS15/MSW and got a bit confused.

Compared to the NS15, it has:

worse ADS speed
    worse mag size
    worse reload speed
    worse velocity
    worse hipfire
    worse recoil
    ALS instead of Compensator/HVA
    better ROF

Is that really all there is to it or am i missing something?
    Because a lot of people say its the best TR LMG and some even say its the best in the game.

I usually ADS my LMGs at pretty much all ranges and get compensators on what i can.
    Is the ALS all MSW has that is special? As someone who ADSs everything, should i just avoid the MSW?
  2. AlterEgo

Think of it a futuristic AK47, with less of everything except for the rate of fire.
    • Up x 2
  3. SecksySeckstrain

The trade off is that the MSW is a beast up close and the NS15M is a beast at mid range and can actually land some long shots too.
    • Up x 1
  4. NCstandsforNukaCola

You will find the difference once you try both.
    The dps gap between 143dmg/623rpm and 143dmg/750rpm.
    • Up x 3
  5. MarkAntony

it's the TRs Orion.
    • Up x 3
  6. Corvus Corax

Run 1x scope, laser sight, spa. Aurax in CQC situations and hope you don't get into combat with any competent Orion user.
    • Up x 3
  7. johnway

Personally i prefer the msw-r over the ns15. I seem to have much better luck with the forrma mainly for its ROF and before the price hike, it was cheap and cheerful. Hell, stick a 3.4 scope, a foregrip and it was ready for pretty much everything. i did have SPA but i ditched purely for the speed.

Which brings me to my next point at the time when i picked it up, price was a big deciding factor as something that gave you the weapon, the attachments for less than a 1000 certs. Additionally, i hated the carv with a passion and picked that weapon over the carv.

Incidentally, the weapons i aurx'd in the following order:

TMG
    Rhino
    MSW-R
    Bull
    Carv.

At the moment i play better NS15 and the carv s. both are offering very disappointing outputs. I take it all back about the carv as in the right environments and kits it wasn't a bad weapon.

The NS15 although accurate, still relies on the players aim to make it brutally effective. With the MSW at least the ROF usually compensates for poor accuracy by upping the number of bullets hitting.
    • Up x 1
  8. FieldMarshall

Thanks for the replies. I didnt think the ROF increase made that big of a deal i guess.
    Already auraxed 2 NS15s for the exceptional directive, so atleast the MSW will be fun and fresh if nothing else =]
  9. NCstandsforNukaCola

I'm quite sure MSW-R won't disappoint you.
    MSW-R's ADS moving CoF is quite reasonable too considering its category(LMG)
    It is undeniable that MSW-R is the best LMG for TR.
    Hope you enjoy the Butcher as well.(Personally I love the butcher, DAT 150 DAKKA)
    • Up x 1
  10. bubbacon

The Bull and NS 15 comparisons are what makes me rage as TR. Stat wise, the BULL flat out crushes the NS 15 on paper. In reality in game, the NS 15 smokes the BULL...and thats just wrong.
  11. Khallixtus

@OP The MSW-R has hugely more DPS and hipfire. Its cqc power is remarkable, and is a lot like and SMG mixed with an LMG. The NS15 is a monster for landing shots at the mid-range (although I still prefer the Rhino and Bull personally) and the MSW-Rs angled recoil can make that difficult.
    If you want to Aurax more LMGs, I did: TMG, Carv, Carv-S, Rhino and Bull. I didn't go for MSW-R because I almost always ADS, but now that I have more experience I find I can hipfire with my LMGs well, and the MSW-R makes this awesome.

I still think the Carv is the best LMG.
  12. SgtBeta

MSW-R is made for CQ and firering from the hip.I allways use it this way and it works for me.
    If you like to ADS, open areas and large fights are your best bet with this gun.
    • Up x 1
  13. Dualice

Love that sig!

I very rarely play heavy, but I have found the MSW the most all-round effective CQ LMG out of the ones I've used. For some reason I headshot much more consistently with it than any other weapon.
    • Up x 1
  14. SgtBeta

Yes, it is reliable like the GD of the NC and the Pulsar of the VS.
    Imo, these are more like assault rifles with lots of bullets instead of LMGs, LMGs most of the time loose accuracy to gain more damage or rate of fire.:)
  15. Cyrek

Carv, Bull and MSW have been very comfortable with LSs for me, makes me believe TR is the hipfire faction. it is not like ADS is completely disabled if you chose anything other than foregrip, just a marginal drawback.