Question about Integrated Graphics

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by FateJH, Jan 27, 2013.

1. FateJH

Tell me about Intel HD Graphics 2500 and PlanetSide 2. Would I get better or worse results swapping in my GeForce 8500 GT?

(I know I don't get good results with the 8500 either, but the game is just about playable if I push it.)
  2. TheAppl3

*looks at sig*

You...have....2500HD...........on an Athlon64? Eh? My brain!

The 2500 on a higher-end i5 will pretty easily outperform an 8500GT in my opinion. My 4000HD adapter on the 3770k blows my spare 8600GT out of the water. Problem is that you might run into a CPU bottleneck more easily as it has much more work to do and the CPU is the central component for Planetside 2 performance in populated areas.
  3. FateJH

It'd be paired with a Core i5-3470. :p

My poor Brisbane may have had delusions of being powerful once, but it's the bottleneck in high-population situations (tied with RAM) at the moment, for me. On LOW settings, the 8500 doesn't even get to use half of its available resources, surprisingly. I'm wondering if mixing the Core i5 with the 8500 might offer a strange compromise such that I could raise some settings into the MEDIUM range, while still achieving better performance.
  4. Alexlightning7

I don't believe that a HD 2500 can match a 8500 GT. you will be better off with the i5 and the 8500 gt.
  5. TheAppl3

To clarify my actual point: I still think the 2500 will do a little better, but you'd be better off getting slightly less GPU performance (if I'm wrong, you'll instead get even get more) by using the 8500GT and more importantly freeing up the CPU resources that would be powering the 2500.

In short, use the 8500GT unless Planetside freaks out and refuses to let you past the G25 error.
  6. Soylent

I think the 8500GT will do better than the 2500HD. If anything it'll free up the CPU a bit.
  7. FateJH

I hadn't even considered the G25 error, The Appl3.

Thanks for the advice.