[QoL] Middle dot crosshair without installation of additional software.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kristan, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Kristan

Sometimes I feel like that those who run with all sorts of overlays, especially with crosshair dot, have minor advantage over those who don't. Some of the crosshairs are pretty confusing, for example Halberd, I'm still not sure where is the point of that crosshair where rocket is coming from, which might result in miss at longer distances.

So I want that middle dot for everyone as Quality of Life improvement. No external software or whatsoever, I find the sheer idea of it quite sketchy. Make it optional, add some variety. I hope it's not that much that I'm asking for.
    • Up x 4
  2. JibbaJabba

Seems fair.

I run with one (hardware). It won't make you shoot better but it has some uses. Being able to Q spot easily as a passenger is nice.

You can third-person fire a bit with it on a lightning but don't expect accuracy at much distance. It doesn't align right and you'll have to develop the skill.
  3. JibbaJabba

But...

I would highly recommend running some of that overlay software. Recursion is really fun and adds to the game. Getting the voice callouts ... Headshot.. double Ki...triple Kill...MULTIKILL is super fun. Having a display that shows your KDR and the KDR of the folks you are fighting with is both valuable and interesting information.

I don't use the crosshair overlay in it, but it's a cool feature.

Because Daybreak configures Battleeye to ignore Recursion, some folks suspect without evidence that it's some manner of hacker tool and it gets a bad rep.

Don't let the downers dissuade you. It's a fun tool that adds enjoyment for perfectly legitimate players every day. Give it a try.
  4. Kristan

I do watch some folks who use Recursion and I'd say I won't stand any friggin voice callouts on kills and stuff, I'll be really tired of it after half an hour. And I don't want to see my KDR constantly, cuz at most of times it's below 1 and I do not like to be constantly reminded of how inferior I am. Enemy KDR could be useful only for suspicion of hacking, which I don't resort to quite often.

So... I don't need it. All I need is to see where is the middle of my crosshair.
  5. JibbaJabba

Well you can certainly use *only* the crosshair overlay add-on.

I couldn't care less about my KDR and it's pretty miserable. It's useful to see others though. If some squad drops in with everyone sporting 2-3KDR it's good to know about it so you bring your A game to the engagements.

Where I think it helps my game: It tracks my headshot ratio on a per weapon basis. Trying to up that number has really helped my game. The voice stuff isn't all that intrusive. It just highlights the fun stuff.... "FATALITY!!!" ... in melty red letters... when you trigger someone to die from falling.
  6. DarkStarAnubis

It is not :)
    Enjoy your replaceable at will, fully customizable, 100% hardware based, BattlEye approved cross-hair:
    [IMG]
  7. FateJH

You forgot to include installation support.
    [IMG]
    And the customization package.
    [IMG]
  8. Scatterblak