[Q?] now that fwd grips effect each weapon differently...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Van Dax, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Van Dax

...is there a reason for adv fwd grips to exist beyond being a cert sink?
  2. Klondik3

Can you elaborate?
  3. Phyr

They're betterer.
  4. Van Dax

as fwd grips already have specific to the weapon there is no reason for an adv fwd grip to exist as the regular fwd grip can just use those stats. this wasn't originally the case as the stats were the same no matter the gun so when they wanted a greater reduction they gave it an advanced version.
  5. Admiralty

Are you sure the advanced fore grip doesn't just enhance the effect of the regular one? I know that the effects of the foregrip are specific to each weapon, but wouldn't the adv just decrease horizontal recoil even more for each specific weapon?

P.s. I'm sure if adv fwd grips were made redundant in such simplistic terms, the devs would've taken them out already.
  6. Klondik3

One word... flashlights.
  7. Admiralty

But flashlights whether you like them or not, do illuminate dark areas better than any other barrel or whatever slot it fits in i.e. it is not redundant since its functionality is not inferior to a brighter or better flashlight. What I'm inferring from the OP is that he assumes that the benefits of the foregrip is better or at least equal to those of the advanced which is similar to asking "why use an advanced laser sight when you can just use the regular one?"
  8. Goretzu

There's no point to foregrips on a lot of weapons now, never mind advanced ones.
  9. TheBloodEagle

10. K3STR3L

You forgot forward grip on bolt action rifles. Most probably the best cert sink in this game.
  11. MrK

If Forwd Grip makes a 20% reduction, then adv forwd grip could make a 30% reduction, no? Or did I miss some other patch note?
  12. Klondik3

They do but max brightness settings does it even better and for 0 cert cost.

Also it is not rare for SOE to overnerf something. It is quite possible that adv foregrip gives much less benefit than adv laser.
  13. Van Dax

yes you missed some really old patch notes, it was previously a fixed amount and now it is tailored to the individual weapon which means that while they could just combine them and have a regular fwd grip do what the adv one does they just left it the way it was.