Put here videos of...

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Ximaster, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Ximaster

...of the Blackhand. I have the Manticore,the Spiker,the Underboss and the Blackhand,and seems that im only useful with the Blackhand,caused its a medium to long distances weapon. Ive tryed to kill in close quarters with the Underboss,but seems that the reaction time of the enemyes its too quick,and i cant aim and shoot before they kill me,maybe i land 1 or 2 shoots,but always i lose because my aim its very bad,either its incredible the reaction time of enemyes from BRs 1 to 20.

So,because im only good with the Blackhand,i would like to watch gameplays of this weapon,maybe i improve my skills watching those videos. Oh,and forgot to put videos of tutorials because its the only one videos ive find.
  2. CuteBeaver

Hmm... I typically use the crossbow... but I do have some mixed footage:

Basically I find the Blackhand perfect for extended ranges, its much easier to use then the crossbow since you don't have to imagine your enemies future position. Just shoot where they actually are. When the server has a bad day, or I am fighting an enemy Zerg I will pull the Blackhand out since player jitter can really mess with the crossbow. Ultimately after trying it for a few days... It did not fit my personal playstyle and I kept finding myself getting closer and closer to enemies. (Not a good idea) Because of my own subconscious desire to get closer and closer (almost like a curiosity), I still use the crossbow primarily. If I am going to use the blackhand CQC I must have the upper hand. EMP / Mines and cover because its really lacks in CQC combat not having enough ammo overall to drop a HA unless you land headshots..

Here are my initial moments with the Blackhand for the first time when it came out. As you can see it really does well at a distance. Lovely weapon, don't give up, your aim will naturally improve as you play. Also consider adjusting your sensitivities to help you become more accurate.
    • Up x 1
  3. Ximaster

As i can see,u forgot about running targets,and my fault was to run back the moving targets,but only if im sure that are only one target in the area. Still kills me because i fail shoots and they turn back and shoot. I would dont like to make a video of my gameplay because surely u laugh. And about sensivity,i setup the hipfire aim and scope aim and still im bad killing in close quarters,but im talking about the Underboss. If im better player in close quarters,surely i pick the Underboss than Blackhand,because i prefer it,but seems that im very bad,so i pick the Blackhand and seems that my K/D ratio has been increased (not much,from 0.52 to 0.70) either while i up the BRs maybe my K/D ratio increases. About my K/D ratio,there is a lot of players in game that said me "hahahaha ur K/D ratio was ridiculous" and was a BR50 or more,i dont understand how a BR50 laugh about K/D ratio of a lower BR.

And about ur initials in the Blackhand,omg,im well now because u play like me in those initials,waiting in high attitudes cloaked and firing targets below. In close quarters this weapon its worst than Underboss,but i did some kills in close quarters,specially with the combo,shoot and knife,it saved me half of times. Either as u said,this weapon its very good in medium to long distances,i did in total 3 kills in more than 50 metters (dunno the distance exactly) or maybe more,but i use the Blackhand like my SAS-R with the NC character,and the kill was great :D

And well,thanks for the videos,now i can see that my intitial gameplay its not very much different than yours. Maybe one day,when i arrive to BR 100 i make a video of my gameplay,but not now,now im very bad :(
  4. CuteBeaver

Honestly we all start out terrible.

The key is taking tiny little steps to getting better. Every death could teach you something new. Even the best of us will get on a nasty deathstreak sometimes. We all take random tank rounds to the chest and die. We all get run over by things, or in my case I fall down and go splat when I miss jumps. Try not to let the deaths get you down. That BR 50 is an idiot because most new players do struggle. A KD bellow 1 is pretty normal, and almost expected for someone just starting out.

When a person like you looks at their gameplay and says "Hey I missed killing that guy because my aim wasn't correct" That person is being self aware, and is much closer to fixing their problem then one of those angry players who just accuses others of hacking and never learn.

To improve your aim your going to have to build muscle memory. If you have already checked to make sure your sensitivity is correct... then its just going to take time. Right now your focusing very hard on aiming with your mouse. This is good, but imagine in 2-3 weeks things won't be so difficult. It will feel more natural and automatic. Eventually you won't even think about aiming you will just automatically do it. Your hand will know exactly how much to move to land a second follow up shot. When the mind is not occupied with aiming (as much) then you start to get the ability to think about the situation more.

I would strongly suggest you keep using whatever weapon that you feel most comfortable with. The idea is to build up your skill with that weapon and not confuse yourself by switching around too much. I stand by my previous statements in another thread that infiltrators, and light assaults require the most mental effort to play. With Light assaults they have to think in a 3 dimensional way, and see opportunities to flank from different angles above and below them. With the infiltrator you are forced to use cloak, creativity, and psychology to get the upper-hand. Its almost impossible for a new player to set up traps and chain ambushes when they are focused on things like aiming and learning to watch the mini map. However give yourself time for these skills to become second nature. I check the mini map in the same way I check the rear view mirror when driving. Eventually you just do it automatically without having to think about it. Not only that but you will know the best, safest times to check as well.

(Just incase anyone new is reading)... every single person is different, we all have different human reaction times, and we don't all move our hands the same way with the mouse. We don't even hold the mouse the same way! Some people like very low sensitivity (using their hands more on the mouse) to move it farther distances. Because they are moving the mouse much more, they can usually get more control and go for headshots easier.

However, if your like me (I have a medical condition) where moving around is somewhat painful or annoying, you might prefer a higher sensitivity. My desk has the space for roughly half of a standard mouse pad (7.9" or 20cm). I have roughly 12 cm to move my mouse. So I will use a higher sensitivity. To control my mouse for tiny movements I don't actually move my hand much, i just pivot my wrist ever so slightly. Maybe not so good for precision head-shots, but i can pretty quickly twitch reflex shot without even thinking about it.

Every player is going to be totally different on how they operate the mouse, and figuring out what settings are perfect for you is half the battle when it comes to learning to aim better. If you take the time to sit down and figure out what settings your most comfortable using, then you can build muscle memory over time and get better at aiming in a way thats comfortable and organic to you.

Adjusting Sensitivity: (For anyone else new who might be reading)

If your constantly dragging the cross-hairs past your target and overshooting and going beyond them its time to lower your sensitivity very slightly.

If your constantly coming up short, and not able to get the cross-hairs on enemy in time, then its a good idea to gently raise the mouse sensitivity.

Make little adjustments and see if it helps. Keep in mind there are different sensitivites for different things.

• There is "Scoped" sensitivity: This is for sniper rifles BLACKHAND with (4x to 12x zoomed optics.)
    • There is "Aimed" sensitivity: This is for when you actually aim your lower powered zoom / ironsights.
    • There is basic "Sensitivity" : Which controls when your not Aiming Down Sights, using Hipfire
    Once your comfortable with your settings keep using them and build up the muscle memory over time. Its much better to take a few minutes and do this now instead of doing this 3-6 months from now, and having to relearn all your weapons from scratch. I guess the main thing I wanted to highlight for you specifically is the Blackhand uses Scoped Sensitivity so double check on those settings. Unfortunately its just going to take time but each week should get easier for you.
    • Up x 1
  5. Ximaster

Tell it to Iridar51,that guy starts at BR100 maybe,and his sarcasms about my skills in battle was great.
  6. Iridar51

Sorry if your skill feels offended, I meant to bash your common sense, not your skill.

I have a many year old pet peeve - I hate when people think for some reason that different factions in a PvP game are played by different people, judging this by own accomplishments and observations, often lacking insight due not having enough experience.

If you just stop and think intelligently for a second you'll realize there's zero reason whatsoever for different factions in this game to be played by players of different skill. It's all the same people playing the same game, just like in every other multi-faction PvP game.

And whatever you see on different sides can be explained by a thousand of different things, many of them random, and many of them colored by expectations.
    • Up x 1
  7. CuteBeaver

I'm going to have to agree with Iridar here.

Complaining about other factions having lower / higher skill population or making generalizations really serves no purpose. The colors on the sleeve mean much less then the community playing. Every faction has exceptional outfits, and every faction has mediocre ones. Over time those outfits and their communities will learn, grow, and evolve, or die off and be replaced. Your experiences will change from one day to the next. If you see any trends then those gaps in skill are more likely caused by community or outfit issues then the faction itself. In any case Prime time on a weekend is going to feel much different then on a Tuesday night when one of the servers MLG outfits is doing its OPS. Your going to see all sorts of different skill levels of enemies and allies.

As a lone wolf, be careful not to develop a sense of entitlement. Example the medics playing next to you may be doing other legitimate tasks, checking the map for their squad, giving orders over TeamSpeak. Or maybe they are just watching Archer on Netflix. If they heal you - awesome . If they revive you - fantastic. However its not like they are paid to babysit you. Its a player trying to have a good time and they owe you technically nothing. As a lone wolf its better not to depend on others, you will just become frustrated when expectations are not met.

If your craving that kind of teamwork, find an outfit. The game does a complete 180 flip in a team setting. Your squad can become a well oiled machine wrecking everything in its path.

~Cheers
    • Up x 1
  8. Iridar51

This is so much win I'll just quote you for my guide. I wish I could make all new people see this when they just start playing.
  9. Ximaster