Pushing Your Luck

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Pandora's Lunchbox, Oct 31, 2014.

1. P1GG

Well the hitching things was a pretty serious issue, and I'm glad that is fixed, but there are still tons of other issues that haven't been fixed. We can make posts all day about them, but it doesn't matter when they introduce new bugs with every patch. It's a never ending thing with this game, and I've never seen anything like it. If they would just take a month off from making new content, and use it to fix the bugs AND devise a new testing strategy so they don't add more bugs with every update, this game would be so much better. But as I said, I don't think that will happen because this is probably more of a cash grab than anything.
    • Up x 1
  2. Pandora's Lunchbox

I appreciate that, but I have done this before on more than one occasion (once it was completely ignored and even today remains without any form of response from the team). They have reviewed my system's spec's and concluded that my issues must revolve around connectivity. My internet connection is fine, the method I use is fine, blah-blah. It hasn't changed lately and so for them to say to me that 'dropping of hops near hop eight could definitely cause issues' just tells me that they would much rather hide the fact that they know they have created dud patches that do more damage than repair.

All they have said is that I might lag out every now and then, momentarily - in fact, almost unnoticeably. That neither explains nor helps with the screen-freezing issue. What's worse is that I get more feedback and learn more about the issues through third-party websites that have little to do with Planetside, directly. I'm talking Twitter, Reddit...use your damn forums, SOE. Did you make them just for complainers?

Unfortunately, I'm with P1GG, at least for now. SOE ahve got a long-running record, so far, of issuing patches that just make the game worse with the opposite intention. this kind of treatment gets a game kicked out the picture entirely. I think that because it is a growing MMO, it will fall more dramatically than, say, something that is completed and offline.
    • Up x 1
  3. Pandora's Lunchbox

Here-here.
  4. Pandora's Lunchbox

That's good dedication, at least. But wouldn't you expect SOE to put your money to good use?
  5. Aaren

My situation is thus:

i7-4770k 3.7ghz
    Geforce GTX 780ti 3GB
    32gb - 1600mhz RAM
    Win 8.1 x64

I run 32x client, doing the application switch every time, because despite my machine - 64x runs at half the framerate of 32x. And I need the FoV fixer on my 21:9 monitor.

24.51mb/s downstream 2.15mb/s upstream
    ~29ms in-game. ~4ms in tracert. (Briggs)

I still:
    • Get ejected out of vehicles and die from falling.
    • Get hitching. In the air and on foot.
    • Crash silently to desktop every 2-3 hours of gameplay. (The 32 bit "bug")
    • Have an FPS under 40 in 24+ population areas. Despite SOE locking the ability to run anything higher than "Medium" textures on 32 bit.
    • Watch enemies shooting at the ground or into the sky - but their projectiles come out of their stomach and hit me.
    • Throw C4 on a vehicle - see the C4 on the vehicle as it drives away - press the detonator - and watch an explosion happen next to me - that deals no damage.
    • See enemies enveloped in explosion particle effects - that deal no damage.
    • See headless enemies beyond 5m.
    • See the jets on air vehicles stick at wonky angles, or refuse to animate.
    • Have enemies render out of thin air - right in front of me and kill me.
    • See default camo'd weapons 'glow' beyond 1m, because of a texture / normals misdirection.
    • Get hit half a second after ducking around corner - or watching the shot hit the dirt beside me.
    • Start getting inconsistent hit registration in infantry after about 2hrs of play. Tweaking my network card settings has helped. But this is still one of the most unreliable shooters I have ever played.
    I try to play every day. But I find myself just logging of in disgust after an hour or so. I used to play nearly all night long 4 months ago.
  6. 8ladez

Dude if you have put money in and its not working do what I did and request a refund. If its broken and it is broken and you have just put a heap of cash into it, ask for a refund. Why would they fix it if they already have your money and you say nothing.
  7. 8ladez

That was me too sunk some money into it and then they broke it. I can't even play for 20mins now before just logging off and going to find another game to play.. Tribes has me interested again.
  8. MajiinBuu

The OP looked boring, so I only read the text in bold ;)
    I don't know what P1GG is. Keep in mind I usually only read the original post and any replies I get. And I never attended Googleschool.