[BUG] Pumpkin giving out the same cosmetics multible times.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by oOHansOo, Oct 20, 2019.

1. oOHansOo

I've gotten the clown facepaint about 10 times now, the franky facepaint 5 times and the skull facepaint 4 times.
    It isn't a big complaint, but in the news for "Nanite of the living dead VI" it is stated, that "Players will never receive the same cosmetic reward more than once from a pumpkin kill", which obviously is not the case.
    I will still keep hunting for pumpkins though.
  2. Demigan

I think I had the same thing, it might have to do that these are bubdles of some kind rather than singular cosmetics?
  3. Malebranche

I dunno if its a bug or just false advertising since pumpkins pop up a lot and if there were no duplicate prizes you could pretty much get everything they offer within an hour. It took me 4 hours to get one of the flaming skulls after getting about 10 clown paint bundles and then I just got sick of it all and finally stopped. :eek:
  4. oOHansOo

Well, you can also get 50cert packs from popping pumpkins. I'd much prefer that over duplicate facepaint bundles ^^
  5. Liewec123

i dont think its actually giving you the same reward i think its a UI/visual error,
    i had the same thing with a flash horn my first 4 pumpkins were "apparently" giving me the same reward.

go in to notifications and accept the rewards and it will actually be different rewards.
    hit Y to accept rewards each time you kill a pumpkin and it will tell you the actual reward ;)
  6. Demigan

When I go to notifications (or press Y every time it pops up to avoid the visual bug) I still see myself earning the facepaints multiple times. But I dont earn them exclusively, I mostly earn the horns and occasional trail.
  7. then00b

I think it's random. Been getting every kind of horn for quite a while now. Then got a clown face paint which I already have, a skull face paint, then another clown face paint. Still horns in between but always something different I think, get unlock notifications anyways. Got 2 50 cert drops and the flash flaming tires just now.
  8. oOHansOo

I just checked it out, it is not an UI bug. When you destroy a pumpkin and get a duplicate facepaint bundle, that's it, nothing gained other than the XP for shooting said pumpkin.
  9. then00b

Looking at the depot options for Halloween unlocks, it seems even though you've found an item from the pumpkin the depot doesn't think you have so I guess the drop table is stuck in a little bit of a loop, though you'll still find new stuff sometimes. Have nearly all the horns now.
    I have no cost listed for Jester Facepaint, but I still have an unlock button, which when clicked opens a window displaying 4 jester facepaints, one for each head option apparently. Scrolling all the way down to the Haunted facepaints, there again is one for each head option, for every facepaint. I think the game is confused and trying to unlock facepaints you cannot equip because you only have 1 head. Though somehow I have all 4 Haunted Jester Facepaints. It appears only the Haunted facepaints are equippable.
    Seems to be some sort of mix up with the items and unlocks.

Oh and to see the Halloween options, just click the giant Halloween 2019 banner on the Depot tab.
  10. MonnyMoony

I noticed this too. I have been pumpkin hunting for a few days, mostly horns, but i'm sure I have seen the face-paint bundle pop up multiple times.
  11. JobiWan

It's a known bug, with a fix coming.
  12. MonnyMoony

Hope so - I must have got a dozen face paint bundles on the trot tonight, which is annoying when there are flaming skulls and vehicle cosmetics up for grabs.
  13. then00b

"You will no longer receive multiple facepaints from the Halloween Goodie Bag."
    From the patch notes for tomorrow.
    Assuming the goodie bag is what the pumpkins use to decide what you get or some such.
    • Up x 1
  14. MonnyMoony

The patch worked. I no longer get multiple facepaints.

Instead I have had about two dozen "50 certs" on the trot. No cosmetics whatsoever.

I guess there is good and bad in that.