Pump shotgun..again, and again, and again :)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Advanced Darkness, May 8, 2013.

1. Advanced Darkness

Alright I get it. The only way you can capture or defend a control point is if you and your squad has a pump shotgun. I get it. I got it enough to log off. :)

I'm unloading lead into this guys head with my chain gun...i'm shooting him in the head and face..hes taking a leisurely reload then 1 shots me:D, ok. so i come back with friends, i'm unloading mini chaingun lead in him, pow im dead, as i'm falling, pow i shots all 3 guys i brought with me. hahaha i was so shocked i couldnt stop laughing at how ridiculous it was. BTW i have nanoweave 4 and had my paper shield up..oh yeah went right through all that.

Dont care if they do anything with pump shot guns or not. Just thought i'd give the game a try again and mess with the harasser. I messed up by actually trying to play.

That'll teach me to log back in.
    • Up x 10
  2. Chiss

Pump Actions are actually the worst shotguns. They're just annoying to be killed by.

Many people who bought PAs say it was their most regretted purchase, including myself.
    • Up x 12
  3. MFP_TK_01

wow, you guys suck.
    • Up x 5
  4. SpecOps Delta

lawl - again and again and again a QQ thread...
    PAS are perfectly fine. I have nearly no probs with it. The rechamber time is really long and if you move with situational awareness you won't get stomped.
    When you tried to approach him with 3 guys and you did not use concussion nades or flashbangs. Fail. You three guys are getting owned by one PAS user. Fail.

I think this is clearly a l2p issue. You even cannot handle a Harasser - is that really the fault of the game or maybe the fault of the user? Maybe you are just not that talented as you wish to be?

If I am approaching a PAS user with my autoshotty the PAS user is normally dead. With the right movement and a littlebit of tricky play (let him chase you and surprise him at the next corner) you will win. Or try to bring distance between you and him. There are plenty of possibilities, but because of your thread I just think you would also be owned by a non-PAS user...

Just my 2 cents....
    • Up x 4
  5. Riftmaker

Same here. Have auraxium with the phobos and won't be going back to it.
    Yeah,you will have a few lols when you oneshot someone who is afk but considering how chaotic the movement is in the game they're just not reliable after the nerfs. I'd much rather use my pandora
    • Up x 3
  6. Pengalor

This. I don't regret buying mine because I love the hell out of slow, powerful weapons but the PAs are now pretty terrible compared the semis (like the Nighthawk, Sweeper, etc). The fix on the refire rate made them very niche. May be annoying getting killed by one but they are not even close to overpowered.
    • Up x 3
  7. hello1

if almost the entire game did not take place in cramped places shotguns would have there placce good in one spot awfull in anouther
  8. MrHenderson

IF the game had reliable netcode and server side hit detection, pump actions would be unstoppable. As it is anyone using them is taking a risk that derp factors will get them without registering a single pellet.
    • Up x 2
  9. crazyoldfart

Really.. He took out al 4 of you with a PA shotgun. Not sure how he dodged the other 3 guys bullets long enough to pull that off. The reload on a PA is slow as hell now. I might see it if he caught yall by suprise, but that's not the case here.
  10. Loegi

Why exactly did you feel the need to walk into a pump action user up close with a MCG? That's just asking to die.
  11. Amphoric

Why not fight him at range? Where you would have easily won....

Shotguns should wreck you face to face. Fight at your distance advantage next time?
  12. CoffeeBreak

My semi and auto shotguns have thousands of kills. My pumpaction....25. Yeah, they just don't feel right to me.
  13. Goden

I don't care if they are PA or semi-auto, they are both extremely frustrating and have ruined CQC as far as I'm concerned. Not even my SMG compares.

I don't know if you've noticed or not, but one of the only overall objectives in this game is to capture bases. You do this by standing on capture points and defending them. Guess what?

They're usually indoors and in closed spaces. So what, you just want us to stand outside the base and just state at the enemy because we need to "use distance advantage"? Sorry it doesn't work like that. We need to get in there and cap the base but at those ranges the shotguns are flatout superior to every other gun in every way. If you are in CQC the best weapon bar none are the shotguns.
    • Up x 7
  14. Posse

I'm only using them at towers right now, in towers they're better than every other shotgun IMO even though, of course, they're less forgiving than the other shotguns, in every other place I just use my good old Orion.

If we look at the stats though, the pump actions are the ones that get both more kills/hr and more deaths/hr, I don't know what to get from that.
  15. Snarfy

pump actions are **** now that the rof was lowered, you either have to land your first shot or die
    • Up x 2
  16. PliskinAJ

Pump actions are fine. You make one mistake with them your dead now. You have to land every shot upper chest and at the right range.
    • Up x 1
  17. Seranov

I regret buying the Blackjack and not the Haymaker.

Sure, I can one-shot somebody if they're less than 10m from me. But I have to get there, first. And if all my pellets don't hit the target, I'm boned.
  18. Pengalor

Yeah, I trialed the Bruiser after the nerf, it was awwwwful. Honestly, I don't even see a point to using the Bruiser over the Claw, that extra pellet is almost worthless compared to the much higher ROF.
  19. TomaHawk

ding ding, winner!

oh, and...

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  20. Pengalor

Lol give me a break, you have to stand on the capture points for all of 5 seconds, then all you have to do is cover them which is plenty doable from outside the room it's in.