Pulsar C

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Alexanor, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Alexanor

So having just gotten my Auraxium Medal on my Solstice, I've decided to move on to another weapon. I picked the Pulsar C for a few reasons over the others (specifically I want to use a Carbine, not an SMG), but I am in need of some additional input on the weapon.

First off, the gun has two Forward Grip attachments that I use, but I honestly can't say I notice a difference with it. I had the Forward Grip on my Sostice and used it for a time, but later switched to the Laser Sight because of how little I noticed it, if at all. I figured this time around, since there were two levels of it, I would pick it up, but I feel like I'm in the same boat and I'm going to go back to the Laser Sight soon.

Second is the High Velocity Ammunition. Is there really a need for this? I honestly don't snipe with my Carbines almost ever, and I feel like the added recoil on a gun that already has higher recoil isn't a good move. I would much rather have Soft Point, but sadly this isn't available on the gun, probably because it already does more damage than all of the other VS Carbines.

Any input would be much appreciated.
  2. Clail

Pulsar C is largely useful for LA's who want to do some medium range sniping, you'd really only see the benefit of Advanced Forward Grip using it in that manner. If you are using it for CQC, then yes get the laser sight. I don't think the HVA would hurt that terribly, but i've never tried it without the compensator/FG

Really though if you are looking for a good CQC gun, you can't go wrong with the VX6-7. Faster rate of fire weapons tend to be a better choice in those situations.
    • Up x 1
  3. C1PHER

I'm not a VS player, so my advice may be a little off, but I'll try and help.

The Pulsar C seems to be designed as the VS "long range" carbine, with higher damage and better accuracy when aiming down the sights. Since you already mentioned the Advanced Forward Grip and High-velocity ammo, I'm assuming the 6x zoom scope is also available, which tends to imply it's better at long ranges.

However, the actual stats of the weapon make it very similar to the AF-19 Mercenary (standard NC carbine), which I've found to be a great weapon for using at mid-range and is still quite capable at close ranges. For the AF-19 Mercenary, I use a laser sight and a 2x reflex sight, you may find good results with the same setup on the Pulsar C.
  4. Demyer

First gun I got the Auraxium medal with. Great for medium/long range.

Advanced forward grip gets rid of almost all horizontal recoil for the first 6-7 shots. Considering it's an accurate low rpm weapon I never use laser sight. Won't win any hipfire duels vs. ALS, 800+ rpm guns, so I'll ADS, aim at their head and hope for the best.

Compensator helps with recoil, I use it all the time.
    Suppressor if you want a stealth loadout option, but IMO VX or Serpent are far better for that role.

HVA is not worth it. Helps a bit with single shot long range sniping, but it's harder to control in full auto at medium range when you're using a x4 scope (which you are if you're sniping).
    Tried using it with suppressor to counter lower bullet speed, wouldn't recommend it unless you really hate slower bullets.
  5. Alexanor

Hey, thanks for the input guys!
  6. SgtBreastroker

I purchased the Pulsar C because I enjoy the heavy hitting weapons of the classes. I didn't purchase any attachment for it because I don't think it needs any. It is fine just as a stock weapon.
  7. Mythicrose12

I have the araxium medal with the Pulsar C. I generally ran around with the 3.4 red dot scope or 4.0 cross hair scope, advanced grip, and comp. I was able to rack up some nice kill streaks with this weapon. It's fantastic for mid ranged guerilla warfare (at least how I was using it) in Tech Plants and Amp Stations or other places with sufficient areas to use jump jets to get to obsure positions. The advanced grip and compensator also make the gun fairly easy to control for close range hip firing. It's not a gun to ideally use CQC (it's powerful for a carbine, but slow).

The only time I used the high velocity ammo was single shot plinking targets at Ti Alloy from the Crown (using 6.0 scope). Unfortunately, that is extreme range for the gun so you literally need 4 headshots to get a kill or get lucky and steal kills from the infiltrators.
  8. XRIST0

I have auraxium medal for the pulsar c , probably my favourite gun to use when playing vanu .

Absolute beast of a weapon .. i use ir/nv scope , advanced grip , compensator and hv ammo .
  9. Wrel Developer

Here's a short review on the Pulsar C, if you're still interested.

10. Mekhazzio

Pulsar C is easily the best overall VS LA weapon, if you ask me. It's pinpoint precise and controllable, can reach out as far as you'll ever need to, and is fantastically ammo efficient. Ammo is always my great bane as LA.

I cannot understand anyone not seeing a difference between stock and adv. foregrip. I saw a =huge= difference from putting it on. The thing just drills into targets even at surprisingly long ranges with the adv. foregrip on.
  11. ShumaKun

I have auraxium medal with pulsar C and I find that it is useless to me now. Serpent is far better for cqc and medium range and nova with slugs is better for long range sniping. The best thing about pulsar C is that it cost only 250 certs.
    • Up x 1
  12. MikeyD

Agreed, Got the Auraxium medal with pulsar C but ive switched to a nova with slugs and i cant find a use for the pulsar c, atm im using the same shottie with bucks for cqc but thinking of getting a new gun, haven't the foggiest what im gonna buy tho :/

Pulsar C is good for a starter gun tho, cheap and flexible