Pulsar C - Vanu LA Carbine

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Haemoglobin, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Haemoglobin

For the moment I've unlocked the Pulsar C and I am enjoying it - I think for me it is better than the stock carbine since it allows more damage with a slower RoF and that is what I tend towards in other games.

I've unlocked:
    Compensator
    Laser sight

I intend to unlock the HV ammo as soon as I hit my next 100 points (a bit high IMO but that's another story).

Am I doing the right thing? Would the gun behave better with a foregrip + adv. foregrip as opposed to the laser sight? Is the HV ammo worth running in pairing with the compensator?

Secondly: Carbine and C4 unlocks. I know that health kits, when unlocked, are all class utilities. Does C4 carry over to all classes and do the carbines? Or am I going to have to repeatedly unlock C4 for those classes that can use them.
  2. Whargoul

Depends on your play-style. Laser sight is for shooting people without ADS and I believe foregrip works only when you use ADS. I myself always use ADS and rarely hipfire unless im right in the enemy's face. HV ammo is okay - not that awesome. I use it on my HA and my shots seem to retain their potency at longer ranges. The bullet speed is maybe slightly faster so it helps at longer distances. As a LA your strength is being mobile and able to get up close quickly so HV ammo is a bit counter intuitive for the class play-style. C4 only unlocks for that class. Notice the medkit cert is listed as Universal and the C4 is under a LA cert tab. Carbine unlocks work with other classes as long as the class can use carbines so an engineer can use it too.
  3. NDroid

I don't think the Pulsar C is really suited for close range hip firing which is what the laser sight is good for. The damage is not enough to compensate for the low RoF and you'll be often outgunned. As a result, I prefer the grip for it but I mainly use the gun with the Engineer for medium-long range fire. For the LA, I find the VX6-7 (or the Serpent, they seem pretty similar but I only trialed it) is much better.

As for the C4, although as mentioned it is unlocked separately for each class and is not particularly cheap, is still a good investment for the LA which benefits from it more than other classes. Your mobility allows you to drop C4 from unexpected angels, take out vehicles and MAX units and just overall make the class useful for more than just run-and-gunning.
  4. Ebonson

I've been using the Pulsar C with the laser sight and it's fine in close quarters if you don't go full auto and actually aim for the head. So far it's been a great all around gun I normally have it set with HV ammo and the 6x scope for range and the laser sight for hip firing. It pretty much lets me handle whatever I come across and I seem to get way more kills with this set up over my VX6-7.
  5. Lazaruz

I've been using it with the same exact attachments you have (compensator, laser dot, HV rounds). And I've been extremely happy with the setup. As for scopes go, you can't beat reflex 2x.
  6. xenoneo

I have quit a few carbines unlocked.
    The Pulsar C is the best long range option for the Engi/LA as far as I can tell.
    It's fires slower, but it's strength is it's higher damage per bullet.
    4x scope and high velocity ammo are all you need for this role.
    You can change the firing mode with B, but I just tap the mouse button for each shot until the cross hairs come back down to default.
    4 taps on the mouse on average will down anyone.
    As I understand it, with 2x forward grip and compensator, it can preform well at long range when shot full auto.
    I haven't tested those however.

I have nearly exclusively been using the vx6-7, because I can out gun most people close, mid, and mid-far with it.
    At extremely long range, it blooms too much to be viable; the damage is in it's rate of fire.
    ADS always, I use the forward grip and NV scope on it; the soft point and suppressor limit my damage close and far.
    I just got the auraxium medal with it however and there's no further cert reward, so I'm considering using the pulsar C again.

Pulsar C is just better for very long range.
    As Light Assault, you can get the drop on people with it, and they have no idea where you are since you are so far away.
  7. ShumaKun

Pulsar C is good for long range, but is not so good in close as other weapons. I have auraxium medal with it and I find that the best setup for it IMO is 2x reflex + compensator +adv. grip. HV ammo is just a waste of certs now. I use 2x reflex, because you need it for ADS at close range when you have compensator. Ammunition belt is a must have for this gun.

You need to try solistice sf with underbarrel granade launcher, I have so much fun with it.
  8. Fugly

I use the Pulsar C with 3.4x scope, silencer, and forward grip. It is more accurate and deals more damage than the 3x burst choice.
  9. Boron

I use the Pulsar C for open field fights (Amp stations, tech plant exteriors etc.) as it has a high bullet velocity and high damage per shot. Currently the only attachment i have is HV ammo and it has been nice. With HV ammo you can use it at AR range pretty effectively. I plan on grabbing a 2x reflex for it soon. For close range fighting it isn't quite as potent as the vx/serpent, but it has good hipfire accuracy and it performs well enough. I'll link some weapon data here so you can look for yourself on what its best uses are. As the data shows it has the same damage per shot as the mercenary, with a slightly lower RoF and more bullet velocity. This with VS recoil makes it ideal for long range engagements.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AuOojvNLMApVdEtIU1NKenEzNzZOSWNaanFqSUVxLWc&gid=12