Pulsar C or Flare VE6?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Wroth, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Wroth

I didn't really know where to put this thread, so here goes:

I mainly play Infiltrator, but recently I have been playing Light Assault and Heavy Assault a bit more.I already have the Pulsar LSW for Heavy and the Serpent VE92 for the Light Assault, but I find these weapons tedious and boring to use.I would really like a harder hitting weapon, and no, I'm not switching to NC (ever).I had a look in the sho and dicovered that both the Pulsar C (167 dmg @ 10 metres) and Flare VE6 (167 dmg @10 metres) are 250 certs.
    The question is (finally getting to the point) what gun should I get?
  2. Mongychops

If you have to choose, get the Pulsar C. Though you are asking on the LA forum, so what do you expect.

It is probably the best all around medium range carbine, compared to its other faction peers (Razor & Cougar).

The Flare is not that as special, especially when the Orion and SVA-88 are generally better LMGs.
    • Up x 1
  3. Wroth

Thanks, I think I'll wait for some more replies though
  4. Iridar51

I don't get it. One is LMG, another one is carbine. Get both and use both, they're not exclusive. Pulsar C is indeed one of the strongest ranged carbines.

Flare is good, but as far as I know it is inferior to Ursa in every way except for cost.
  5. _itg

I agree, get the Pulsar C. Ditch the Pulsar LSW and go back to the Orion.
  6. _itg

Well, the Flare has a 27rpm advantage.
    • Up x 1
  7. Wroth

Thanks everyone!I have bought the Pulsar C because it is a headshot beast when I trialed it!
  8. Illucidator

You get pulsar c for free after the skill survey. I doubt u wanna make another vanu charector though.
  9. Skiptrace

The guns you are talking about are 2 completely different classes of gun...

The Pulsar C, is a good mid range carbine but IMO not better than the Razor or the AC-11X.

The Flare is... kinda redundant... you already start with the best LMG (The Orion) when you make a VS toon, so, why pay certs for a worse gun?
  10. Iridar51

Orion, in all its OPness, is a CQC gun. Flare is much better for ranged combat.
  11. Skiptrace

I've used it for both, it's not in-accurate enough to warrant being CQC only.
  12. ATRA_Wampa-One

No it's not.

The Flare is one of the most inaccurate 167 guns in the game with it's only real advantages being the potential 150 round magazine and SPA which makes it actually quite beastly in ranges where you would normally use the Orion/SVA-88.

If you want a ranged LMG on VS use the Ursa.

@Skiptrace, the reason why you use the other VS LMG's is to get the Betelgeuse... which is the actual best LMG in the game.

P.S. The rumors of the Orion being OP are wildly overblown.

P.P.S. OP, get the Pulsar C. That thing is way more accurate than it has a right to be and ditch the Pulsar LSW... that gun is arguably the worst VS LMG which puts it in good standing for the worst LMG in the game.
  13. Iridar51

Maybe it is, but it's still better for range than Orion.

Of course it's not OP. It's just really really good. It becomes OP when you take in the account the platform that uses it - VS HA, invisible half the time, and with bonus HP on demand.
  14. ATRA_Wampa-One

After 2,721 kills with the Flare, yeah you get lucky some times picking off the wounded with the high damage shots at range, but the Orion and Flare are pretty consistent in the same ranges with the Flare maybe getting an extra 5-10m max.

It's really good because it has to be. I mean have you actually used any of our non Orion tier stuff for an extended period of time?
  15. Iridar51

"Better for range" doesn't equal "as good as sniper rifle".
    Flare has lower horizontal recoil, lower vertical recoil per second even with HVA, and without Compensator, which Orion doesn't have access to. Higher projectile velocity, that can be increased even further by HVA. Higher damage tier. All of it makes Flare objectively better than Orion at range. It doesn't mean Flare is a godly ranged weapon, or it is easy to use, or it's even any good at it. But it's still better at it than Orion.

9 may be far from 1, but it's closer than 10.
    I don't play VS HA, if that's what you're asking.
    • Up x 1
  16. ATRA_Wampa-One

Then take it from someone that does play VS HA enough to have not only unlocked the Betelgeuse but has auraxed the Flare more than twice over that it's stats aren't anywhere close to a "better for long range" LMG, especially since I spent the first 800 or so kills with it trying to make it a long range LMG. The Optimal range for the Flare is CQC, in almost the exact same ranges where you would use the Orion/SVA but like to be able to do 25,000 damage before reloading vs. 7,000-10,000. Damage per magazine is literally the entire point of using the Flare since it's literally the least accurate 167 damage primary in the game.