Pulsar C. How should I kit it out?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by asdfPanda, Dec 24, 2013.

1. asdfPanda

Picked up the Pulsar C the other day. I've been using it naked, and it feels quite nice! After experimentation in the VR, I've come up with a few setups, but I could use advice.
    Sight/Compensator/Advanced Foregrip/(maybe HV ammo?) seems like it would make it fill it's intentional role.
    Sight/suppressor/laser/HV ammo also sounds nice, as the HV ammo makes up for the lost bullet velocity for the suppressor. The horizontal recoil seemed negligible, and the vertical was okay on iron sights, and I could take out a somewhat stationary target to 100~ m.
    Thoughts?
  2. Sledginius

2x and adv. grip is all you need to make this thing work at all ranges.
  3. Iridar51

There are only so many ways of kitting a weapon, the upsides and downsides are clear as day. Think of how do you want to play, and build the weapon accordingly.
    Surprise, if you kit the Pulsar C for ranged combat it will be more effective at range, duh. Astonishingly, if you install laser sights, it'd make hip fire somewhat acceptable, but you'll have slightly less effective range than if you would've used the forward grip. AMAZING.

Or do you want other people telling you how you should play? Fine, then use 2x reflex, advanced forward grip and suppressor, HVA is recommended as Pulsar C has lower projectile speed than other precision carbines. Don't have to deal with bullet drop, though. Hop from cover to cover, flank and mow down people with multiple headshots while remaining undetected. Very effective if you can move the right way.
  4. Sandpants

Iridar51 very very very very very very wrong.

The right way to use pulsar C is with a 6x scope and a laser sight.
    Best of both worlds.

Source: Theorycraft.
  5. Kronic

Basically what Iridar said, kit it out for your needs. Personally I'd stick on a 2x refelex, Grip and HV ammo. No compensator as the vertical recoil is negligible and ***** on your hipfire.
  6. Iridar51

[IMG]
    Anyhow, I didn't say that my way was "absolutely the rightiest bestest way of using Pulsar C". Just one of the possible ones.
    As for 6x scopes, well, I don't have any objections to vanu players cutting off their right hands either.
  7. Sandpants

I wasn't being serious.

I am as baffled as you are when people ask what stuff to put on their guns. You get like 8 combos if putting or not putting HVA is a choice, and ignoring the existence of the flash... "WTB death" light.
  8. asdfPanda

I already have a couple ideas, and in general people seem to prefer the forward grip over the laser sight. I think I know what I want to get, I only needed some outside advice before I spend the certs. Thanks for the (somewhat sarcastic?) advice anyway.
  9. Iridar51

Sure, anytime you need to be insulted call on me :)
  10. asdfPanda

Don't need to, you're always there for me anyway, love :p
  11. Corezer

12. asdfPanda

So trying out foregrip/silencer/HVA, and it's feeling pretty good. However, it feels like I'm less accurate with the 1x reflex sights than the iron sights. Anybody else encountering this?
  13. Iridar51

It's probably a placebo effect.
    Or are you talking about this?
    • Up x 1
  14. asdfPanda

I forgot about that asinine effect. Not sure if it applies to irons or not, but that could explain a lot.
  15. Corezer

it applies to irons
  16. asdfPanda

Dang. Maybe the iron sight dot is smaller than the red dot dot, that's why I feel more accurate.
  17. Corezer

doesn't apply to fixed scopes such HS/NV and 6x or above
  18. Paperlamp

Do not put a suppressor on a Pulsar C, might as well be using the Solstice or Serpent if you're going to use a suppressor. It ruins the advantage at range of a more mid-long focused gun like the Pulsar C. I guess there are a few situations where it could be worth it, but it just seems like a generally bad idea to me.

Advanced Grip is an obvious choice, unlike the Mercenary the Pulsar C doesn't have a much CQC power and should be used more exclusively mid-long range when you can help it.

2x sight is probably best although HS/NV is good too. 3.4x if you're really good at compensating for its recoil and favor that style of scope over the somewhat annoyingly opaque red dot which is understandable. I definitely wouldn't go higher than 3.4x, try them all out in VR before making a decision probably.

Compensator you can go either way, same with HVA. Depends on how much the downsides bother you and how much you'll use the upsides. I think the negatives of the comp are bigger than the positives personally though, as it doesn't seem to help the vertical recoil that much while making it noticeably worse when you have to hip-fire and increasing how far away you show up. HVA I'm not sure just how much it does for any gun, but the downside of increased recoil is worth considering.

I would prioritize a 2x scope and advanced grip before investing in the others.
  19. Iridar51

Oh please, they're basically the same gun. Pulsar C has slightly less DPS (1605 vs 1670), but slightly better projectile speed + no drop and slightly better first shot recoil multiplier, that's it.
    With laser sights they'd be equally mediocre at CQC.
  20. Eyeklops

:eek: At least throw on some spandex.

Compensator, Grip, 2X, is all you need. The Pulsar C is meant for longer range (of the carbines), trying to force it into a hipfire weapon will lead to frustration. If you want hip-fire get a 6-7 or Serpent.

I rarely use high velocity ammo.