Public Playtest - 4/15/2015 3:00pm (PDT)

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by BBurness, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Czarinov

Tried flying in VR on PTS.

Pitching keybinds are def improved. There seems to be minimal ramp up, feels like original.

Pitch mouse is still not as smooth as it used to be. Pixel jump is still present. Even though it's minimal on lower sens. On my 2560x1440 screen I can see a pixel jump of 5 pixel when ptiching with my mouse. Aiming jitters with those jumps.
  2. Dethonlegs

For the Magrider, apart from a slight change to PPA hip accuracy (whatever that means), I could see no change between prod and test. I compared stats for PPA, FPC and Saron.
    • The PPA COF is still ridiculously high. There is still nothing here that will make people want to use it. What do you expect players to do when you nurf every aspect of the weapon? Currently the Halberd and Saron do a better job of anti infantry and they damage armor as well. If you are serious about fixing the PPA then stop tiptoeing around the issue and start reversing the last overnurf.
    • FPC is still the same low velocity / low damage / low elevation / high drop POS that it is now. For the love of God please increase velocity and reduce drop.
    • Saron is still a sidegrade to the Halberd. Worse at range / better in close (so long as you land all your shots). I think the Halberd synergises better with the longer range engagements where Magriders excel. A reduction in COF may work.
    • When the Saron is equipped on a Magrider there is an irritating noise when it rotates.
    • There is still a delay when moving the Magrider main gun.

I would describe this patch change as no change at all (for VS anyway).
    • Up x 2
  3. PinkHurtsMyEyes

I'm sorry I know I drone on about this, bur ALL of these changes are IRRELEVANT unless the 9/4 controls changes are reverted. Not "tuned" because it's too bad, you can't run an analogue controller scheme on digital input devices. Do the code split, don't waste manhours on making controls less crappy than they are now!

And please don't call it air vehicle control changes, it changed ALL vehicles. My gunner could not deal with the halberd jitter and left the game, cancelled her - by now auraxium - membership and I fully understand her. I have tried to gun the halberd and saron for friends with harassers and it jitters so badly it's downright painful. Don't tell me to adapt or overcome that. Same goes for the lightning, the turret has NO accuracy now. I have literally wasted 1000s of certs in vehicles that are downright painful and NO FUN to play anymore. And this is a game after all, It's supposed to be fun...
    • Up x 1
  4. PrimePriest

Can someone explain to me how is Enforcer buffed? Few days ago I tested it and stats were exactly the same as live except for shotgun reloading mechanism. Which takes longer to load full clip than normal reload we have now. So it's basically DPS nerf. Am I missing something?
    • Up x 1
  5. Scorpion97

glad that there is someone who understand how terrible our vehicle weapons are.
    • Up x 1
  6. Wooffgang

My opinions on the Enforcer/Cannister by simply testing them in VR. The buff that happened is under the radar and will most likely not be apreciated by those who do not know to take advantage of it. I will be back with more feedback after further use.

Anyway here goes:

Vanguard Enforcer:
    The weapon is the same exept:
    -Sustained damage is now significantly higher. Given enough knowledge you will not over-reload the weapon if need be and engage faster in a 1v1 scenario
    -The gunner can go in and out of the vehicle at will w/o having to worry about stopping the reload cycle. This allows the option to drop some dps in favor of repairing the tank and leaving the main cannon to finish the job and only going back ONLY if needed

Verdict: Unless you want to change the weapon completely by adding a new mechanic or completely reworking it I do not know what to say. It is the same as before with more versatility thx to the reload. It does not need a buff/rework BUT if it is intended to be a CQB weapon it falls short in that category as it is a HIGH SUSTAINED damage weapon not a HIGH BURST WEAPON (Saron). The Enforcer is now balanced for CQB<Long<=Mid in this order of effectiveness. But to be completely honest. If you give the Vanguard a burster secondary like the Saron it will probably instantly kill other tanks from behind (1 Main cannon shell + gunner intervention). Right now it is a very high sustain tank to have on the battlefield.

Vanguard Cannister:
    -The Anti-Infantry Vanguard is now a very potent optioned when paired with this weapon and correct lodout. Very high sustainability on the field. The only thing holding it back is the low performing HE cannon on the Vanguard, but again given the weapons reload speed it asks for 1HKO unless it gets a different reload from the other 2 cannons. Anyway back on topic (ES weapons)

-Allows constant protection of the tank as there is no reload downtime.
    -Very good cooperation with main cannon. It can be paired in both AV+AI/Dedicated AI options(This implies Titan HEAT + Infantry hunting as Titan HE will mostly **** vehiecle combat with little benefits)
    -Paired with proximity radar the tank is very unlikely to be caught off guard allowing it to stay in the heat of combat.

Verdict: Very happy with the changes. I would only like to mention 1 thing. The magazine size is now only usefull for the gunner attempting to take down a MAX or Vehicle (that takes dmg from it) on it's own. Reload spd is greatly superior/versatile compared to it.I would suggest tonning down the reload spd on it ( at least certed option) as this weapon can pretty much unleash hell 24/7 on the battlefield when paired with Certed Reload spd. Even saying that the time it takes to load in the extra shells to take down the MAX or Harraser/Flash is still the superior option to having more shells in the magazine.

Suggestion: Consider who you take advice/Feedback from. Some players are not aware of the role the Vehicle plays on the battlefield or how it can be adapted (Certain Vanu players that did not provide constructive feedback). The main reason for that is the very complicated PROPER use of the Magrider MBT and high Skillcap it requires. Buffing it with the way suggested by them would result in experienced players achieving the insant-kill I was talking about on the Vanguard (1 Shell + Gunner intervention)
    • Up x 1
  7. ReaverUpYour

Hello, tested the reaver and...it;s closer to the orginal.

Ok, so here is the thing....Guys, messing with us every week starts to be annoying. I know you try really hard to make right by everyone and we all appreciate it but changing the controls so often it really messes it our minds. I'm not an ace pilot and maybe i'll never be but that will not stop me to get 1 esf at every 350 nanites.

The controls we have now are not bad (esf), the removal of inertia (mouse acceleration) or whatever that effect is. ain't that bad, it allows a more steady control of the aim. Yes it;s not as smooth as it was but i guess that's cause of other stuff that happened when u recoded the controls. Ur missing something and it's not the sensitivity.

As said above me, there are still issues with gunning on live.

it's kind of sad that there isn't much feedback. You need to do something like you did with helmets but this time require feedback not just ppl to get in and out of the pts. Maybe a contest and offer 1 cammo to 100 peaople that offer useful feedback. I don't know but that might help more.

I wish you guys could ask some youtubers that are really good at flying to help you develop this. i believe they would be more then happy to do it. You need to reach out to them.

And please don't mess with the controlls on live all the time. I know there is pressure but the air game is rly hard and it takes time, lots of time to adjust after every update.

Good luck and ty for the harasser improvements. I can't wait to see the new weps.
    And the Gal nanite, ammo was waited for a long time. Some new weps for it would be very appreciated.
    • Up x 1