PTS update

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LodeTria, Dec 23, 2015.

1. LodeTria

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/pts-update-12-23-15.236558/#post-3329913

Go look at thing & update your PTS when you can!

I like that lightnings now have engagement radar, should go well with skyguards.

Valkryies now have safe-fall by default but not squad spawn, so it's a step in the right direction at least.

The leadership changes are good, you can see a video of the new UI stuff here:

Indar revamp I am looking forward to looking at, should be really interesting making indar best indar once again.

GK nerf, but it's only minor really so commence crying TR! It's justified but it's not really that bad of a nerf, it's still way better than the PPA treatment.

Some Battle Rifle stuff as well so maybe that one guy who uses them can tell us if they are good or bad.

Flash suppersor makes you seen on the mini-map but doesn't increase CoF anymore. Lol ok.

Revive at 6 meters all ranks is good for people who haven't cert'd it up yet (you really should though).

Commence crying about HA nerf.
    • Up x 4
  2. Goretzu

Engagement radar for Lighting is excellent, a lot of people have wanted that for a while.

Looks like a big nerf to NMG/Ad Shields for HAs, looking at that it would seem everyone will be running Resist Shield again.

I don't really understand why they are messing with Indar yet again...... is this the 3rd or 4th revamp now?
    • Up x 1
  3. OldMaster80

Safe fall by default? !?!

Oh my god that day has arrived! !! I swear im crying! !
  4. Nody

Good to see the differentiation between the two versions (most people I see have no/limited issues with the Prowler version) and I'll need to try them both out to see how they work out in practice.
    • Up x 1
  5. breeje

while there at it can't they take a look at other weapons as well
    i would like to see some changes to some smg's and scout rifles
    some sniper rifles with access to a 4x/3.4x scope and flash statement
    why not unlock all the scopes on the sniper, if i want a sniper with 1x scope it's my problem

for all the other changes they are doing i have high hopes
    it looks like a fair change to the GK and BR
  6. xMaxdamage

I like the changes on paper but we'll need to see how much gatekeeper is affected by those nerfs, if the new iteration of the weapon fails to deliver proper AV stopping power then the Striker should be buffed to prevent TR to fall back again in the realm of AV underperformance.

btw I'd like to see more leadership stuff. we need waypoints that give EXP BONUS to people doing things near them (destroy enemy sundies, repair generators etc), and we need to REMOVE the passive squad cert gain bonus that encourages spawn room heroes. let people work their arses out and to the letter for that increased exp gain, let players choose the team/platoon that has a leader that knows how to set proper waypoints in order to give the most bonus possible, let the virtuous circle begin.
  7. breeje

did some testing on GK and BR

the GK got a big kick to it, had to draw my mouse quite a bit to compensate
    i like to see this a little reduced

the BR is still not there especially with the under barrel attachment
    it needs a little more of a accuracy buff

i hope DBG will not upload the GK and BR like they are tuned now
  8. Towie

Umm - i've just done some testing with the GK too - to me, it felt little different. From the notes I was expecting a much bigger drop but honestly, you only have to aim slightly higher than previously, press button - keep pressed - target dies (no 'kick' at all - were you using the same weapon ?)
    It can still take out enemy turrets at crazy ranges (one of its specialities, there is NOTHING they can do to stop you).

As luck would have it, an enemy Valk showed up so I decided to go for it. Now it is slightly harder to hit moving things than before (lower shell speed) but honestly, way easier than Saron or Enforcer.

Don't get me wrong - nobody wants to see a PPA style nerf-hammer - but with the newly opened up Indar, I will NOT be changing back to my Halberd any time soon - it's GK all the way.

(Note- Prowler version only - didn't try Harasser)
  9. Nody

The Harasser version only has the kick (it's a straight up kick so can compensate relatively easily but no longer aim, perfect hit for a clip).
  10. CNR4806

What slot is the Lightning Engagement Radar in?
  11. xMaxdamage

that's just like a lancer/vortex or a phoenix/ravens from cover. it's a ******** mechanic indeed.

the harrasser one has different stats, you should try that too because the main reason for the nerf was addressing the harrasser version.
  12. HadesR

Had a look around some of the Re-designed bases .. But keep DCing from the server ... But they look interesting ..
  13. cobaltlightning

I'm willing to bet 'defense' since that's where the other radar thing is.

Not popped on PTS yet, but i'll be trying for it sometime today.
  14. CNR4806

Putting it on defense would mean that it's basically a waste of time, since the Lightning is already very defense-heavy in terms of options.

If it's on utility like the ESFs then I might see myself pulling Skyguards again.
  15. HadesR

It's currently under Utility ...
    • Up x 1
  16. Towie

Phoenix/Ravens have limited range and can't do the render-range shenanigans of the GK (but both are great - in different ways - arguably the best of the lot in my opinion).

Lancer/Vortex DO have the range but not the accuracy (no scopes) nor the never ending DPS.

BUT glad to hear the Harasser variant is more 'nerfed', it's those amassed GK Harassers sitting on far away mountains that can't even be seen yet kill everything that cause so very many problems...
  17. SwornJupiter

Which is the weapon that it originally should have been, I guess? All weapons, for that matter, should have a higher skill ceiling, rewarding players who can control and compensate for their weapons.

Something like the current GK, which has an extremely low skill ceiling pisses people off, and something like the current Fracture, which has an extremely low skill ceiling, also pisses people off.

Any person who can handle and correctly compensate for a weapon's recoil should be rewarded. So if you can control the 2.0 recoil of the GK, and adjust for its gravity drop, you should be allowed to land consecutive hits. Is this logic flawed?
  18. breeje

you don't have to draw your mouse down while you keep firing
    i did and my mouse is set to move on a dime
    it needs some kick but it's to mush, not that i have to by a new mouse pad but i don't like big movements on my mouse

EDIT: harasser version
  19. xMaxdamage

lancer/vortex/raven/phoenix all have the purpose of do damage while in a safe position (in nicely different ways), while TR has not such weapons, that's why they were given the gk.
  20. xMaxdamage

yes because VS has no drop and 800 m/s speed AV weapons lol.