PTS update soon

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LodeTria, Oct 12, 2016.

1. LodeTria

From: https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/57818g/pts_patch_notes_10122016/

METAGAME

Continent Locking
    • Continent Lock bonuses now persist until the continent is locked by another faction
    ADDITIONS

NSX Naginata
    • The prototype Naginata light machine gun can maintain rounds on medium ranged targets without releasing the trigger, but quickly loses that benefit while moving
    • This weapon and accompanying directive is still in development, feel free to share feedback
    Havoc, Sigma, and Darkstar Armor Sets
    • New faction composite armors have been introduced for the Light Assault, Heavy Assault, Combat Medic, and Engineer classes
    Freedom Fighter Helmet
    VEHICLE BALANCE

Valkyrie
    • The Squad Logistics certification has been refunded and squad-spawn capabilities have been made default
    • Updated the squad logistics loading screen tip to reflect the changes
    • Gunner turrets can now swivel 360 degrees
    Aphelion VEX-4 (Magrider)
    • Aphelion VEX-4 CoF min from 0.85 to 0.7
    • Aphelion VEX-4 CoF max from 0.85 to 1
    • Aphelion VEX-4 CoF recovery rate from 10 to 20
    Aphelion VEX-4H (Harasser)
    • Aphelion VEX-4H CoF bloom from 0.05 to 0.1
    • Aphelion VEX-4H max CoF from 0.85 to 1.5
    • Aphelion VEX-4H CoF recovery rate from 10 to 20
    Proton II PPA (Magrider)
    • Direct max damage from 200 to 225
    • Direct min damage from 50 to 100
    • Direct max damage range from 25 to 50
    • Direct min damage range from 75 to 100
    • Indirect max damage from 200 to 225
    • Indirect min-damage range from 0.1 to 0.5
    • CoF bloom from 0.3 to 0.15
    • CoF recovery rate from 5 to 10
    • Ammo capacity from 180 to 240
    Proton II PPA-H (Harasser)
    • Direct max damage from 200 to 225
    • Direct min damage from 50 to 100
    • Direct max damage range from 20 to 30
    • Direct min damage range from 50 to 75
    • Indirect max damage from 200 to 225
    • Indirect min-damage range from 0.1 to 0.5
    • CoF bloom from 0.45 to 0.30
    • CoF recovery rate from 5 to 10
    • Ammo capacity from 180 to 240
    MR11 Gatekeeper (Prowler)
    • Projectiles now accelerate from 150m/s to its current 450m/s max
    MR11 Gatekeeper-H (Harasser)
    • Projectiles now accelerate from 150m/s to its current 450m/s max
    • Recoil removed
    Enforcer ML65 (Vanguard and Harasser)
    • Now uses "Halberd style" crosshairs
    • Projectile gravity from 5 to 4
    M96 Mjolnir (Vanguard)
    • Is now an auto-burst weapon
    • Max CoF from 2 to 1.2
    M96 Mjolnir-H (Harasser)
    • Is now an auto-burst weapon
    • Max CoF from 2 to 1.5
    C75 Viper (Lightning)
    • Vertical recoil from 4 to 1
    • Maximum cone of fire from 0 to 0.5
    • CoF bloom from 0 to 0.1
    G40-F Ranger (All vehicles)
    • Indirect max damage from 50 to 75
    INFANTRY BALANCE

Motion Spotter
    • Detection is now "recon-based" for allies and updates every 1.5 seconds
    • Detection range from 25/25/30/30/50 to 30/35/40/45/50 meters
    • The Infiltrator (and only the Infiltrator) also receives real-time updates on enemies within 20 meters of the device
    • When an enemy is close enough to the device to be detected, they will also be able to see the device on their minimap.
    Carbines (All)
    • Hipfire minimum cone of fire while airborne now uses the same minimum hipfire cone of fire as a player who is walking, and recovers at the same rate.
    AF-4A Bandit
    • Min damage range from 60m to 70m
    Corvus VA55
    • Refire time from 114ms to 109ms
    Razor GD-23
    • Min damage range from 70m to 80m
    HC1 Cougar
    • Refire time from 109ms to 104ms
    NS-AM7 Archer
    • Rechamber time from 2sec. to 1.5sec.
    Hunter QCX
    • Default bolt min-damage from 500 to 525
    AF-4 Cyclone and AF-4 Tempest
    • First shot multiplier from 2.25 to 2.5
    • Vertical recoil from 0.24 to 0.3
    • Horizontal recoil max from 0.3040 to 0.4
    • Horizontal tolerance from 0.7 to 0.9
    NC15 Phoenix
    • Projectile now detonates, instead of disappears, when its lifespan ends without impact
    • Steering the projectile in flight should now be a bit easier
    • You may now access third person view while in flight
    • Adjusted hipfire view model to cover less of the screen
    • Projectile lifespan from 8 to 12 seconds
    • Top speed from 150m/s to 130m/s
    TRAP-M1
    • Magazine from 18 to 21
    • Capacity from 144 to 189
    • Recoil angle min from 11 to 0
    • Recoil angle max from 13 to 0
    • ADS moving CoF from 0.32 to 0.25
    • 2x burst vertical recoil from 1 to 0.4
    • 2x burst first shot multiplier from 0.2 to 0.75
    • 2x burst refire time from 200ms to 250ms
    • 3x burst first shot multiplier from 1x to 0.8x
    • Semi-auto firing mode removed
    SABR-13
    • Standing ADS CoF from 0.03 to 0.015
    • Crouching ADS CoF from 0.03 to 0.015
    • Walking ADS CoF from 0.3 to 0.15
    • Crouch-walking ADS CoF from 0.15 to 0.075
    • Semi-auto vertical recoil from 0.4 to 0.3
    Standing ADS CoF from 0.1 to 0 for the following weapons
    • AF-6 Shadow
    • Warden
    • GD Guardian
    • HSR-1
    • AMR-66
    • DMR-99
    • Nyx VX31
    • Eidolon VE33
    • Revenant
    • NS-30 Vandal
    FALLOFF RANGES HAVE BEEN REBALANCED FOR ASSAULT RIFLES AND LMGS.

The previous one-tiered damage falloff created problems with scaling the effectiveness of weapons over distance, and marginalized the impact of certain attachment types. These changes should help more weapons and weapon classes shine in their intended engagement ranges. Directive weapons have been left untouched for the time being. Damage range and damage value adjustments for LMG and Assault Rifles are listed below.
    Minimum damage range from 55m to 70m
    • TORQ-9
    Minimum damage range from 60m to 80m
    • H-V45
    • TAR
    • Cycler TRV
    • GR-22
    Minimum damage range from 65m to 80m
    • Carnage AR
    • Terminus VX9
    • Pulsar VS1
    • Equinox VE2
    • Equinox VE2 Burst
    • T1 Cycler
    • T1S Cycler
    • T1B Cycler
    • NS-11A
    Minimum damage range from 65m to 90m
    • CME
    Minimum damage range from 75m to 85m
    • Ursa
    Minimum damage range from 75m to 90m
    • SABR-13
    • NC1 Gauss Rifle
    • Gauss Rifle S
    • Gauss Rifle Burst
    Minimum damage range from 75m to 100m
    • Corvus VA55
    Minimum damage range from 85m to 100m
    • Reaper DMR
    Minimum damage range from 85m to 110m
    • NC9 A-Tross
    Minimum damage from 112 to 100
    • H-V45
    • TAR
    • Cycler TRV
    • GR-22
    • TORQ-9
    Minimum damage from 125 to 100
    • Carnage
    • Terminus
    Minimum damage from 125 to 112
    • Pulsar VS1
    • Equinox
    • Equinox Burst
    • T1 Cycler
    • T1S Cycler
    • T1B Cycler
    • NS-11A
    • Orion
    • Pulsar LSW
    • SVA-88
    • Polaris
    • T9 CARV
    • T16 Rhino
    • T9 CARV-S
    • T32 Bull
    • MSW-R
    • EM1
    • NS-15M
    Minimum damage from 143 to 125
    • Corvus VA55
    • SABR-13
    • EM6
    • LA1 Anchor
    • GD-22S
    • Flare VE6
    • Ursa
    • TMG-50
    • NC6S Gauss SAW S
    Minimum damage from 167 to 143
    • Reaper DMR
    • NC9 A-Tross
    • NC6 Gauss SAW
    Maximum damage from 167 to 175
    • NC6S Gauss SAW S
    MAX BALANCE

Flak Armor
    • MAX Flak Armor will now properly resist Tank Mine damage
    Charge
    • Has been removed and certs have been refunded
    • Emergency Repair ability has been added to all MAXes by default
    Emergency Repair
    • Activate to repair 20% of a MAX's health over 12 seconds.
    • Rank 1: Can be activated once every 60 seconds
    • Rank 2: Can be activated once every 57 seconds
    • Rank 3: Can be activated once every 54 seconds
    • Rank 4: Can be activated once every 51 seconds
    • Rank 5: Can be activated once every 48 seconds
    • Rank 6: Can be activated once every 45 seconds
    Zealot Overdrive Engine
    • Damage output is now increased by a flat 10% while active and reduces damage over distance
    • Damage received is increased by a flat 20% while active for all weapon types
    • Removed the modified projectile tracers while ability is active
    • Now consumes energy over time and can be toggled on and off
    • Energy fully recharges over 60 seconds
    • Rank 1: Lasts up to 16 seconds
    • Rank 2: Lasts up to 18 seconds
    • Rank 3: Lasts up to 20 seconds
    • Rank 4: Lasts up to 22 seconds
    • Rank 5: Lasts up to 25 seconds
    NCM2 Falcon
    • Projectile lifespan from 3.3sec. to 4sec.

• Up x 2
  2. LodeTria

MISC. CHANGES AND ADDITIONS

• Adjusted text on Bounty System prompt.
    • NC rocket launchers have received an updated look
    • Prowler (non-referral) Turrets have received an updated look
    • Vehicle nightvision optics will now outline terrain contours and close ranged target
    • New installations of Planetside 2 now default the Vertical Field of View to 74, the maximum
    • New installations of Planetside 2 now default to native resolution in full screen
    • The Combat Medic's shield recharge field received new particle effects
    • Many grenades have received updated looks and now use traditional “box style” icons
    BUG FIXES

• Tutorial string regarding Flash ATVs now shows updated information
    • AF-8 Railjack will now properly play chamber audio
    • Saron HRB's muzzle flash has been reduced
    • NS-30 Vandal and Hunter QCX once again play their reload audio
    • Bodies should no longer go missing during character creation
    • L105 Zepher PX should no longer show in the cert list for players who do not own it
    • Various missing vehicle weapon icons have been introduced to the cert list screen
    • Zotz North Garden’s missing No-Build Zone has been found
    • Updated the No-Build Zone around Heyoka Tech Plant
    • Updated the No-Build Zones around Tumas Tech Plant
    • Flash headlights will now properly display for the driver in third person
    • Various fixes to exploitable or bugged terrain
    • Ammunition Belt will now properly effect Flaregun reserve ammo
    • Two and three-round bursts on some TR weapons were using the wrong sound effects
    • Updated materials on Auraxium weapon LODs; they should no longer change colors at range
    • Faction Banners are now repaired by Repair Modules
    • You can no longer complete outfit decal directive by making use of the VR zone
    Hey there, feel free to discuss the patch notes below. You can also jump on the Public Test Server using the installer in this post: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/read-first-test-server-policies-download-link.114038/
    • Up x 3
  3. Pelojian

acceleration mechanics for rockets is bad and will continue to be bad, all this does is make it confusing to try and lead shots over a weapon that has a static projectile velocity.

i predict more vulcan OP threads when people don't pull the GK as often.

NC VS don't need this 'skill' of guesstimating the speed of their projectiles moment to moment, instead of leaving this alone and actually leaving it as is when NC and VS have to take cover and not sit in the open (like we have to do for lancers, vortexes and pretty much any direct fire weapon)

remove acceleration mechanics from unguided projectiles and leave it that way. actually balance something instead of doing a 'fix' that is a detriment to use when NC&VS can point and click their equivalent weapons.
    • Up x 1
  4. Campagne

All in all, I'm not really too sure I'm happy with most of these potential changes.

Some of these changes have already been discussed elsewhere, so I'll leave them out for the time being.

Recoil removed on the Gatekeeper-H

Do they want render-range hull-down spam-cannons? With the accompanying changes, it would certainly seem so. Why? Who thought this was important and beneficial to the game?

Reduced velocity of the Phoenix

I do really appreciate the buffs to the Phoenix, but this just seems like shooting itself in the foot. Because of the velocity nerf, the range wouldn't increase much if at all with the extra lifespan. It would also become more difficult to hit moving targets. The projectiles exploding instead of disappearing sounds ultimately rather useless, as the main idea is to generally hit things with them. At most this would give a very occasional unintended infantry kill assist.

Honestly, this whole thing seems to add and subtract from the weapon in equal degrees, and really just seems like a convoluted mess. I'd rather see the Phoenix remain untouched.

Emergency self-repairing MAXes

I can see why this would be desirable, but in my opinion it does not help the game at all to have more independent MAXes. With this they would have an even lesser need for teammates for fire support and really wouldn't need an engineer unless they were really hurt. In my opinion, we see enough small-fight MAXes already.

NC AV secondaries

A step in the right direction, but in my opinion not enough.

And a few other, minor little complaints. Also, weren't EMP grenades supposed to have been nerf'd by now? What going on with that?

+1'd for proper use of PSA tag. :D
  5. Pelojian

the worst part is they removing charge, which is a far better ability then fire suppression for MAXes and far more useful. a good player with a max that has charge can survive things (like getting killed by aircraft too easily while the MAX is on AA duty) in exchange for an ability that has a lower skill ceiling.

MAXes are not meant as solo machines they are teamwork machines, that means you need engineers just like infantry need medics, we don't need players using MAX as cheese because now they solo repair without having to use a suit slot for it.

let's not forget the COF changes to carbines now LAs are going to be even more of a pain in the ****, before the msot pain they gave was shooting you with a shotgun in towers etc from a quick landing, now they can fill you full of holes and evade your fire more effectively then strafe fighting everyone else engages in as infantry.
    • Up x 4
  6. Diggsano

NO PHASESHIFT BUFF?
  7. BartasRS

yeah. I am quite disappointed...
  8. Cyropaedia

I thought Naginata was the long hoped for samurai sword.

What happened to rocket rifle, artillery, orbital strike, Hive vehicle terminals, Hive spawn tubes, and Hive landing pads? Is PTS now the place where devs have fun and let ideas die?
  9. Haquim

I am unsure how I feel about the removal of charge.

On one hand, I really despise the ability, since it gives a rather tanky and costly unit an easy way to either get to safety, or extremely quickly traverse dangerous terrain like doorways that have several people guarding them. Removing the charge ability is a big nerf to the MAX crash tactic I so despise....

On the other hand MAX units on open terrain are big and sluggish, easy targets for vehicles and air while they travel.
    And, most importantly, what you said. Charge is basically essential if you want to survive doing AA duty. Not only are you constantly threatened by groundforces and can't defend against them, if an ESF or Liberator manages to get on top of you you have to run too - you simply can't win a DPS race unless youre enemy is terribad.
  10. LodeTria

All of those but the rocklet are still on PTS. I guess they are just waiting to go into the next big patch whenever that is.
    • Up x 1
  11. Pikachu

Looking forward to the SABR buffs.

First time the game or developers mention that phoenix missiles have a lifespan. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  12. Pikachu

My charge is gone? o_O
  13. Halkesh

Scout rifle and battle rifle are buffed while AR and LMG are nerfed, I guess it's their way to say "use intended weapon for their intended range".
    Now HVA will be useful (if not mandatory) on LMG and AR.

About PPA I think they did greatly : they buff the bloom without buffing the starting CoF.
    BTW, I've found an error : it's said MIN indirect damage range has been buffed to 0.5 from 0.1, it's obviously the MAX indirect.

Gatekeeper-H recoil has been removed, but last time I've checked, it has nearly no recoil (same as Saron-H) so I guess it will change nothing.
    Even with the nerf, gatekeeper is still a straight upgrade of the halberd (more velocity, more DPS, easier to hit)

And finally the MAXes.
    Charge has been removed and even if it will be harder to rush into a room, I think it's still a good idea. Seriously, almost every MAXes used charge to run away instaid of attacking enemy.
    I just hope the emergency repairs cooldown can be refresh by resupplying on a terminal, witch mean a MAX can repair himself at the spawn instaid of begging for a repair.
    MAXes are team-based unit only when fighting infantry. For AV & AA duty, they will mainly play without support. And seriously, you said 20% hp over 12sec every 45sec replace an engineer ? At best it allow you to heal near a terminal.

For ZOE buff, I don't care about what has been changed, all I wanted was the possibility to toggle ON/OFF again witch re-appear on this patchnote.

Edit : the Meta change on continents lock seems completely broken IMO.

[IMG]
  14. Halkesh

Can't resist :p

15. BurntMyWater

So the 2x burst on the TRAP is worse now?
    • Up x 1
  16. King_Shano

Well I can look forward to drifter carbining the hell out of people now and maybe killing them.
    And I really REALLY wish I had of held off on my Maggy PPA auraxium, already so many kills in, least this will help me finish it easier.
    Besides that not a whole lot that directly affects the loadouts I play :)
  17. FateJH

I notice that they listed the cone of fire modification under "carbines" and not "Light Assaults." Does that mean Engineers possess the same benefit while falling or using elevator lifts?
  18. Savadrin

IT'S A TRAP
    • Up x 2
  19. The Shady Engineer

New Faven armors and the iconic NC helmet! Finally all that membership DBC hoarding is gonna pay off!

Also dildars nerfed! Flanking viable again without having to crouch walk like a mong.
  20. PanzerGoddess

+10 to that. Now I will get more complaints about being an infiltrator lol, get enough of them now, this will definitely help my waaaaa count!
    • Up x 1