PTS Update - 8/29

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by ps_nicto, Aug 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Halkesh

Nosegun get a nerf when shoting infantry and ground vehicle only. They received a buff when shoting at airplane.
    G2A has been nerfed to 350m.
  2. Silkensmooth

Thats dumb too. It is already impossible to kill ground vehicles with a nosegun, and killing infantry isnt viable either. So whats the point?
  3. Silkensmooth

On the other hand, ever ground vehicle in the game can easily kill an ESF. Tanks OHK ESF, but it takes 350 rounds to kill a vanguard. That is if it doesnt pop its shield. That is sitting in the ground 2 meters away from the tank. That is if the engineers dont jump out and repair.

When im fighting a lib and they land to repair the best thing ive found is to try to kill them with the nosegun as they repair. Same with ESF pilots who bail as light assualt. Its ridiculously hard to kill an infantry with an ESF nosegun as it is.

These changes make no sense. already the sky is mostly empty, with no more than 3 or 4 esf from each empire flying most of the time. And the reason isnt skyknights, but the fact that no matter where you go infantry is locking you, and every vehicle in the game is shooting at you.

Ive moved on to playing infantry and rarely flying so it doesnt matter to me, the flight game is already ruined for the most part, just seems silly to beat a dead horse even more than its already been beat.
  4. LordKrelas

You obviously aren't using the same nose cannon as the rest of the ESFs.

The Tank requires a direct Shot to the ESF, which must be inside the limited elevation of the tank's cannon(s), be unaware of the tank, not move nor rotate, while the Tank must get the shot done perfectly accounting for distance & drop.
    The ESF that hover & stay perfectly still near enemy tanks, or near any hill is asking for a Shell up the ***.

Move the ESF up a slight bit, and the Vanguard can not fire.
    Be at a distance, and not touching the barrel, and the height needed lowers due to drop - This is far easier on Prowlers & Magriders.
    Or use the massive arc above every tank that they can not even aim at without using the Top guns, which in of themselves have elevation limits all within the ability of an ESF to reach & maintain.

A nose-gun on the literal cheapest aircraft that is a one-man fighter, needing only 350 rounds on the most armored 2-man Main Battle Tank available on the Ground - And the most durable Tank.

I'll high light the great thing to note here: One-man Fighter. Two-man Main Battle Tank.

If an Engineer exits the tank, the Engineer dies to the nose-gun in moments - and if it's the driver, means the tank can not even move.
    If it's the Gunner, then the Tank is defenseless to nearly all of the Sky.

Go try an AI nose-gun.
    The ones built to kill infantry, have the fastest time to kill, and are AOA.
    The Ones not built to kill infantry, are also brutally effective if you can aim.

Most vehicles have no hope at all against an ESF, the cheapest aircraft that is also a One-man weapons platform with the most vehicle-grade weapons under one-operator, with the highest movement speed.

As well, if they do not open fire on the ESF, the ESF has an even higher advantage against them.
    For infantry, it's Kill the ESF, Die trying or die to it.
    For Vehicles in the Field, It's kill the ESF, Die trying, or die to it.
    You can not outrun or outmaneuver an ESF or Liberator, on foot or in any land vehicle outside of a Harasser. If that.

So unless they want to die to the most maneuverable opponent, with the highest speed, with some of the lowest TTK weapons with usually lethal AOA, Large magazines, and incredible range, They Open fire whenever they See one to reduce the chance of THAT specific ESF or Liberator slaughtering their entire force.

Flight Game for A2A is Hover.
    A2G is Lol-Pods, and God-Liberators.
    G2A, is required by nature of the weapons to be outnumber-&-overwhelm Aircraft or be slaughtered by Aircraft.
    Aircraft have the initiative advantage, the Range, the Height, the Maneuverability, and the Speed.
    This isn't accounting for the weapons & Armor.

A tank can one-shot an ESF, only if the ESF lets that happen.
    Nothing a Tank can do short of suicide or being in a massive mob, can prevent an ESF from destroying it at any time in moments.
    And even in the mob, the ESF is still lethal & profitable, just the aircraft's nanite cost is finally paid more than once or twice a day.
  5. LetMeBeClear

Are you kidding? AA is so damn weak in the game, it takes 3 or 4 to take out 1 maxed Lib. Of course, someone like yourself would say something like this, considering your infamous reputation for aim ability. Here' some tissue.
  6. Juno

Here I was debating on if I wanted to come back for this big update, but then I read these "balance" changes, laugh, and decide I'll have to pass on Planetside 2 for another 6 months until another major update again.
  7. Silkensmooth

Yeah lordkrelas, im using the same noseguns. I have many many thousands of kills with them. If you are trying to farm infantry with a nosegun, you arent going to do well.

Are they capable of killing infantry? Yes, if they stand still and dont do the super wiggle dance. If they do the dance instead of just standing there, you may kill them. That is if you arent getting locked on, or hit with flak, or shot at by a sundy, or have an ESF spot you, or have a tank 1 shot you with an ap round.

You DEFINITELY arent killing ANYONE with a nosegun in a large battle.

Yeah one man fighter, 2 man battle tank, thats fine, except air is supposed to be the counter for tanks. It is no longer a counter and so every fight is surrounded by a ring of tanks. I could post a SS of every fight i get in today and not one of them will have any airplanes, but there will always be at least a dozen tanks.

I'm very aware of how it is to kill ESF with MBTs as well. Except the prowler of course which sucks at it. Its not hard to elevate the nosegun by using terrain, any noob can quickly figure that out.

Most vehicles have no chance against an ESF with a nosegun, are you kidding? You cant kill a sundy that is manned by even one gunner with an ESF nosegun. You cant kill an ANT. You arent going to kill an MBT unless hes bad, cause all he has to do is repair until you run out of ammo, provided that while you unload hundreds and hundreds of rounds of ammo no one shows up. Harrassers and flash fear ESF noseguns, no one else does.

Lowest TTK with a nosegun? At 100 meters it takes 52 secs while sitting on the ground for perfect accuracy to kill a sunderer. 450 rounds. Lightning sitting on ground for perfect accuracy at 40 meters took 23 secs and 210 rounds of ammo. Vanguard 37 secs at 40 meters on the ground for perfect accuracy 340 rounds of ammos. There are no ANTs in VR so i cant tell you the time for one of those, however after having fired upon one with the nosegun i can assure you it is not effective at killing them. And of course that is if they are AFK with no one around to kill you.

If the sundy had just one gunner on a basi id be dead 7 times before i could kill the sunderer. If the lightning was a skyguard id be dead 5 times before i killed it. If the MBT had a basilisk id be dead 5 times before the mbt was dead. If the sundy had a pair of rangers id be dead 134 times before i could kill the sundy.

I think you need to try out the noseguns, maybe you havent used one lately.

TTK of skyguard vs ESF at 80 meters is just under 5 secs. TTK of basilisk vs ESF at 80 meters is 7 secs. TTK of ranger vs ESF at 65 meters is 5 secs.

Yeah, the ESF noseguns are completely useless as it is at killing enemy vehicles, save the harrasser and the flash which they do well against.
  8. Demigan

Typical airjockey comment.

Previous base tank resistance from above/side: 58%
    New base tank resistance from above/side: 0%, you are dealing more than double damage with your noseguns.

Base resist against aircraft gun damage for tanks: from 92 to 90% (slightly weird as the latest damage sheet I'm using says it's 83%)

25% extra health for MBT's (Vanguard 50% but it had lost a 65% side/top armor reduction, so that would be dealing almost 3x more damage to Vanguards with your nosegun and they get only 1,5 times extra health in return)

Damage nerf to the noseguns: +/-20%

In short: You should deal either about equal damage as before, or even get a damage boost against vehicles, even though you are using a weapon that's definitely not designed against vehicles. So suck in that gut and take these "punches", and keep in mind that the ESF just got buffed up the yahoo vs G2A weapons.
  9. Silkensmooth

Airjockey? I mostly play infiltrator actually. I get tired of hearing beep beep beep all day and the sound of people beating on trash cans, aka flak. Occasionally i fly to try to kill a harrasser or a tank, but its rarely successful, beep beep beep, so why bother?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.