PTS Update 7-10-15

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by BBurness, Jul 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bandwagon

Why give the Valkyrie an armor buff? Why not make the Squad support cert a passive (like they did with the sunderer) to free up the defense slot for decoy flares?
    • Up x 1
  2. TheHandtuch

Goes the COF nerf for all Carbines/Assault rifels or just for the burst versions?
  3. vanu123

Because little by little is MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!! Otherwise you get things like old ZOE and Striker, both great things now useless. Slight tweaks are the best way to balance things in any game.
    • Up x 1
  4. vanu123

It still wouldn't make it 100% useless, it would require aiming you know, like the other two rocket launchers.
  5. Shaggath

Other rl in dumbfire os here for all it's just a mid life.
    This is the trade.
    Putting 6 rocket with cof on a target with high speed ...
  6. TerminalT6

Yes, that's true, not arguing with you there. All I'm wondering, is why they're making the guns worse before they make them better. There's no point in testing it at this point.
  7. SW0V

If these changes go live, I'll never use my Decimator, ML-7 or Grounder ever again... :confused: and I still won't have a long range AV option. Awesome!

That's what DGC are aiming for with the Striker, right? To replace the roles of existing weapons instead of plugging the hole we have. Perfect!

Sarcasm aside.

The Striker doesn't need a damage buff. This will push it into OP territory for CQC and replace the Decimator and ML-7.
    I appreciate that vehicle stealth was never supposed to stop the Striker from locking but the increase in velocity and acceleration with no counter-balance for the anti-air potential (like reducing lock range) will make it more effective against air than the grounder, effectively replacing it.
    Lastly, these changes do very little to actually address the 'TR have no lockless long range AV launcher' problem.
    • Up x 1
  8. FieldMarshall

So basically it should nullify an entire empire from using their RL.
    That would be extremely imbalanced unless stealth also makes you immune to the phoenix and lancer.
    • Up x 1
  9. Scorpion97

Yes yes,buff TR and nerf VS
    So much for being fair DBG
  10. Erendil

They're not. :) Apparently you missed the FSRM buff that is already on the PTS for all burst carbines/ARs (sans the SABR-13, which already has it on Live).

Burst varients on PTS have had their FSRM reducd to .75. They are now incredibly accurate on the move and very easy to control during ADS. You really should check 'em out. :cool:
  11. hellomumbo369

Seriously? You got soooo many good suggestions and you buff the hipfire COF? On BURST FIRE weapons? What a useless buff.
  12. Ryo313

yeah thats pretty much fair tho. look at all your "op" toys you have and what TR has.
    sure we have the Vulcan but thats it....

ofc the op empire is crying ... well at least i can finally fill my pool on indar with your tears xP
    • Up x 1
  13. Erendil

They're nerfing the hipfire COF, not buffing it. It's larger on PTS than Live by 0.5
    • Up x 1
  14. vanu123

English?
  15. vanu123

That is a nerf *facepalm*
    • Up x 1
  16. vanu123

It doesn't, it just nullifies the auto tracking. You can still hit things with it.
  17. vanu123

They are better on test, the only thing worse is the hipfire.
  18. Scorpion97

I don't care about buffing TR actually,but don't even think about messing with VS arsenal,they are already messed up!!

And next time,watch your attitude while replying,it tells me much btw :p
  19. Ryo313

don't tell me that VS can't take a joke here and there x'D ( the pool is full btw x'D)

and i don't like the idea of nerfing VS. empire specific traids should be a thing as long as the other empire have valid counters to it.
    and your statement "i don't care about buffing TR" it sounds like even with a buff TR won't be a threat to VS.
  20. Nabtwat

Skorpion97, the main advocate of 0.75ads of orion .... has total infantry accuracy and also orion accuracy is 11% ... really??? srsly !!!
    Why ppls which should not post, do post. Why u bother to post here if u just use carbines, only bare have a few auraxed, and ur fist class is not even ha, but u play LA instead. Even if you seem to think otherwise, the reality is that right now, in your case, none of the proposed changes matter in your regard. The best performance increase you can get is from fixing yourself and get at least double of that accuracy, aim at 22-25%, and no game change would be significant in comparison. No offense, try hold back that part of you which tells you that you know everything and u are always right, coz that is never the case. Shallow performance equates shallow impressions. One train of bread should pass before valuable insight. For the time being, fix yourself - and only then try judge things, when u got things where should be.

No lmg is going to satisfy you with 11%~ish accuracy across the board.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.